REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Anyone had experience with Jordani Motors in Burnaby? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/571219-anyone-had-experience-jordani-motors-burnaby.html)

ELITE_TRAYUNZE 04-06-2009 11:13 PM

Anyone had experience with Jordani Motors in Burnaby?

I'm interested in a car they've got, but just wanted to know if anyone here has any advice on them.

Lomac 04-07-2009 02:26 AM

It's just possible that the car you're interested in is fine, but I'm going to have to say that you should just forget about it. Do a search in VAC for "Milani" and you'll get basically the same results for this sort of place. Always be wary of these used car dealerships; high mileage cars with rolled back odo's, shoddy rebuilds, poor maintenance, etc., etc.

Keep looking and spend a little bit more by buying whatever car you're looking at from a reputable dealership, or by buying it from an owner after getting it inspected by a trusted mechanic.

Jaffray 12-17-2013 10:45 PM

Long time bump^^

Currently looking into a car they have in their lot. (civic) Seems like a great deal, but has anyone dealt with them the past year or so?

How's their rep?

TypeRNammer 12-17-2013 10:47 PM

Grab the VIN number from that Civic and do a free status check on the Icbc website to determine of it has a normal status or rebuilt status.

320icar 12-17-2013 10:49 PM

run!!! They are curbers. Sign onto bcbimmers'andcweve banned the son Greg multiple times. They are damaged cars fixed and sold cheaply

DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THERE
Posted via RS Mobile

320icar 12-17-2013 10:53 PM

I can't find the stickied thread right now, but i beg of you to walk away. Trust me
Posted via RS Mobile

Jaffray 12-17-2013 11:11 PM

Hmm.. Will try and get a hold of the VIN hopefully tomorrow and get it checked out.

Thanks for the input.

meme405 12-17-2013 11:17 PM

Don't even walk away, RUN!

SRS. A lot of those dealers are worse than the scum of the earth, they will lie, cheat, and steal, to get you into one of their shitty, poorly repaired, poorly maintained cars.

mr_chin 12-18-2013 12:09 AM

Through my experience with these dealership, and if you don't have knowledge that is better than average on cars, don't bother with it.

You'll end up spending more money fixing these junk in the long run.

I don't know how much you're looking to spend on a car, but buying brand new is always the best if you don't have any knowledge on cars.

If you just want a car to get around, don't spend more than $2000 IMO. Although one time, I spent $1500 on an accord an ended up paying almost $3000 gradually over time to fix. Sold it for like $500 in the end. NEVER BUY USED CARS.

CRS 12-18-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8384410)
Through my experience with these dealership, and if you don't have knowledge that is better than average on cars, don't bother with it.

I don't know how much you're looking to spend on a car, but buying brand new is always the best if you don't have any knowledge on cars.

If you just want a car to get around, don't spend more than $2000 IMO. Although one time, I spent $1500 on an accord an ended up paying almost $3000 gradually over time to fix. Sold it for like $500 in the end. NEVER BUY USED CARS.

This is terrible advice.

kwy 12-18-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

You said to not spend over $2000 on a car..and then said to never buy a used car in the same paragraph. Please, point me in the direction of the car dealer selling brand new cars for $2,000 or less. I'd really like to know.

Jmac 12-18-2013 02:13 AM

I've never had a new car and likely never will. I'll gladly let someone else eat the majority of the depreciation.

I bought a 2009 Versa in September 2010, was nearly half the price of a 2011 and the previous owner had purchased an extended warranty, so it had a longer and more comprehensive warranty than when it was new. Purchased from a Nissan dealership, car had full records of maintenance, and I had a 3rd party do an inspection and it came up clean.

2 years and 29,000 km isn't worth an extra 50% to me.

bballguy 12-18-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Gazorcoop 12-18-2013 09:04 AM

You looking at that Si or that regular civic? Either way the prices are way too low. They definitely have been involved in something before.
Posted via RS Mobile

dn53 12-18-2013 12:22 PM

most of the cars in a used car dealer typically come from two places. The first is a dealership as a customer traded their vehicle in and the dealer decided it was not worth keeping to fix and resell (and believe me, it's almost always something major or expensive). The other place they come from is auction. Most commonly these vehicles come from out of province. Rust is a big issue if the vehicle is coming from back east. Another thing is claims and other information can slip through province to province, or even from the states. Dealers love getting cars from Quebec because accident history is not claimed and readily available (this I've heard from my used car manager)

r
Posted via RS Mobile

multicartual 12-18-2013 12:34 PM

Haha when it was Milani like a decade ago, a friend of mine went to test drive a car there. They wouldn't give her credit card back!! They said they had a verbal agreement of sale and it had been a 20 minute pre-purchase drive and not a "test" drive. The guy seriously refused to give someone back their card.

A few friends of hers went by that little shed they had on the lot, opened the door, and took her card back the next day.

mr_chin 12-18-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwy (Post 8384428)
You said to not spend over $2000 on a car..and then said to never buy a used car in the same paragraph. Please, point me in the direction of the car dealer selling brand new cars for $2,000 or less. I'd really like to know.

Sorry.

NEVER BUY USED CAR, PERIOD. Happy?

meme405 12-18-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwy (Post 8384428)

Even the Tata Nano, the worlds cheapest car cannot be had that cheap new.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8384630)
Sorry.

That's your opinion, and your entitled to it, but quite frankly its a stupid opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmac (Post 8384439)
I've never had a new car and likely never will. I'll gladly let someone else eat the majority of the depreciation.

I bought a 2009 Versa in September 2010, was nearly half the price of a 2011 and the previous owner had purchased an extended warranty, so it had a longer and more comprehensive warranty than when it was new. Purchased from a Nissan dealership, car had full records of maintenance, and I had a 3rd party do an inspection and it came up clean.

2 years and 29,000 km isn't worth an extra 50% to me.

This.

Obviously it depends on the car, and the individual, and their situation in life.

But for the vast majority of people, it makes more sense to let someone else take that initial depreciation hit. The value of repairs due to someone driving a car like an asshole for 30 or 40000km will never amount to more than that initial depreciation. So while yes, you may or may not spend more on maintenance, it will never cost you more than having bought that same vehicle new.

kwy 12-18-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8384630)
Sorry.

Alright. Keep doing what you're doing, sport.

GLOW 12-18-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8384627)
Haha when it was Milani like a decade ago, a friend of mine went to test drive a car there. They wouldn't give her credit card back!! They said they had a verbal agreement of sale and it had been a 20 minute pre-purchase drive and not a "test" drive. The guy seriously refused to give someone back their card.

A few friends of hers went by that little shed they had on the lot, opened the door, and took her card back the next day.

that's some crazy shit

Jaffray 12-18-2013 02:48 PM

So I ran the VIN and turns out it's a rebuilt (of course) and a buddy said it's rebuilt due to theft but no collision..

Probablyyy.. look into another dealer now lol.

TypeRNammer 12-18-2013 02:52 PM

Definitely not surprised by the rebuilt title.

lowside67 12-18-2013 03:03 PM

While cars can be declared rebuilds for thefts, particular of interior parts, there is no way to determine that is why after the fact.

GLOW 12-18-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaffray (Post 8384707)
So I ran the VIN and turns out it's a rebuilt (of course) and a buddy said it's rebuilt due to theft but no collision..

out of curiosity have you talked to the sales guy and ask about the history?
if so, what did they say? :badpokerface:

4444 12-18-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaffray (Post 8384707)

why not try private sales? i tend to want to ignore dealerships, even 'reputable' ones have, and will lie.

To limit your exposure to risk, also do a VIN search and get a BCAA inspection on any car you negotiate on privately.

Buying used is always more risky than new, but in the end of the day, as long as a car has been reasonably maintained, you should, on average, be ok.