REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   Britney Spears PCD -tonight- (https://www.revscene.net/forums/571424-britney-spears-pcd-tonight.html)

StylinRed 04-08-2009 03:31 PM

Britney Spears PCD -tonight-

so who's going?

bought some scalper tickets fer GAFloor

as tickets were sold out, checked ticketmaster last night and there were VIP? tickets available for $540 for 2 -less than what i paid -_-

neway see u there ^^

InvisibleSoul 04-08-2009 04:08 PM

This is what's available on TicketMaster right now...

Section
Description
GAFLRE
Price Level 5
General Admission Floor
Floor Level
ALCOHOL PERMITTED SEAT
Type2 Full Price Tickets Ticket Price CA $125.00 x 2
Convenience Charge CA $14.00 x 2
Building Facility Charge CA $2.50 x 2

Bonka 04-08-2009 08:09 PM

Glad those scalpers are getting screwed this time around. There were tons of tickets for sale on CL at cost or below.

I just got an update from the girlfriend apparently Spears won't come on stage complaining about the smoke around the stage area.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Entertai...325/story.html

InvisibleSoul 04-08-2009 09:22 PM

Looks like it was over a full half hour that the fans sat in the dark waiting for her to come back on... LoL

AVS_Racing 04-08-2009 10:02 PM

Britney sucked pussy cat dolls were so much better

411ken 04-09-2009 05:18 AM

I don't get why anyone would blaze, smoke cigarettes when it's a family concert... with probably little kids around?? anyways... did she lip sync through out the concert?

Gumby 04-09-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 6371922)
I don't get why anyone would blaze, smoke cigarettes when it's a family concert... with probably little kids around?? anyways... did she lip sync through out the concert?

Britney Spears in 2009, a family concert? I don't think so!! :p

Co-worker sitting across from me said it sucked. If you sat too far away, you couldn't see her since the giant screens were part of the show rather than showing Britney. It was like blasting a CD so yeah, Britney lip synced through most of it. Unlike Michael Buble, Celine Dion, etc., I wouldn't have expected BS to sing much of it anyway. She's there to entertain you with her show, not impress you with her singing ability.

jACEDesignsLtd 04-09-2009 10:09 AM

I bought a pair for my gf for like $126 each or sth, pre-sale. jACE's review? The Circus was an appropriate name in many ways:
1. The theme. Britney executed this Circus theme extremely well. With a "cirque du soleil" type of feel, the show opened with acrobats, martial arts, gymnasts, clowns, magicians, etc. I was entertained as a straight boyfriend going with his gf could be.
2. The drama. They announced that Britney was stopping due to the smoke in the arena and wanted to wait until it cleared. They said the show would resume, and its too bad b/c people behind us went home thinking it was over. It was really interesting to see fans who love Britney, suddenly turn on her in a flash chanting, "Bull Shit" and boo'ing. I thought this was the best part to watch this unfold. I mean, I too was annoyed, but blame the tokers. I smelled the weed and I think it was "gutsy" for Britney to stop the show. There are young children there with their parents and if Britney let the smoking/weed continue, what type of example would she set? And, you wouldn't stand to work in a pot filled environment, so why should she?
3. The people. Skanky jb's who were dressed like Pussycat dolls. 6 foot tranvestites. Families who took their young children. Britney spears impersonators. Emo's. Me. We had a whole variety of people going.
4. Britney's presence. Her songs say it right. Love her, hate her. But we are still intrigued with the freak show spectacle. The PCD are wayyyy hotter than her, but because she has been moulded into this celebrity superstar from all the rumours, gossip, tabloids etc., everyone wants a piece of her. That's the reason why I went too. We wanted to know what this celebrity hype is all about.

In the end, I felt it was worth it (given the price I paid though) to take my gf and make her happy. At the start, I walked to my seat with my gf and this other guy who was with his gf said to me, "you got dragged into this too, eh?" I was like, "You know it!" We expected that Britney would lip sing, but the circus acts and a pretty good remix of Baby Hit Me One More Time made it worthwhile. Oh and the PCD singing Jaho. The show was a Circus, and that's exactly what Britney gave us.

What was everyone else's take for those who went?

adambomb 04-09-2009 02:47 PM

I also went...not gonna lie. I went for the sluts. Like jACE had mentioned...there was plenty. I would say the arena was 80% women. Some good mother/daughter combos. :thumbsup:

I don't think weed played that big of a factor. Yes, this is Vancouver and there is always the smell of weed at such a large venue when the lights are low. however, GM place was not a hotbox like Dr.Dre's Up in Smoke tour or AC/DC. I didn't smell any weed from the nosebleed seats I had. I looked around to see if anyone else was smoking a joint. To be honest...because I wanted to smoke too. Around me was nothing but women, young and old and I figured maybe it would be best if I waited until after the show. Because I was so high up, I could see that it was her show that caused most of the smoke in GM place. That is what caused it to be so smokey. There were approx 20 smoke machines blowing smoke in her opening song. I think the weed/cigarette smoke was an excuse to take a break. Her opening set was great, then after the 30 mins pause it was a lack luster performance by Britney. I knew she was going to lip-sync the whole time, I accepted that when I bought the ticket. I was expecting to see a spectacle. She seemed tired and un-interested in performing and just prancing around the stage. I mean, she didn't have to sing..all she had to do was dance, and she failed at that.

StylinRed 04-09-2009 03:24 PM

like i said in the other thread... she looked wonky at the start and pissed off when she went down b4 the drama, security said she bitch fitted and stormed off

and when she got back her attitude/energy was a whole lot better

the show in its entirety was quite nice, but as for britney she didn't perform as well as PCD... i was disappointed that they hardly sang either...

and it was ridiculous they had VIP ticket holders stuck behind a rope getting wristbands and the show started -_-

lotsss of ho'd up chicks as was mentioned most of them were butterfaces though but it was still a very nice sight :)

jACEDesignsLtd 04-09-2009 08:26 PM

It felt kinda like walking into the girls bathroom, except you're allowed to. LOL.