REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

EURO PLATES

HEy guys, i was wondering where can i get euro plates , tried to get my friend in europe to get some but he couldnt, because he needed to have a vehicle to insure -.-"
Advertisement
slickk6o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
HELP ME PLS!!!

novelty plates?
ebay has them
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

anywhere local in vancouver? besides the internet
slickk6o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Don't know if they have 'em anymore, but I bought a set at PG Performance in Surrey a few years back.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
racing & tech mod.

I got mine online through a complany in the states that does custom plates with any numbers/design that you want. It was $50 usd including the plastic frame.

I think it was http://www.customlicenseplates.com/g...nseplates.html

NOTE: They are ILLEGAL in BC. Even if you still display your proper BC plate, it's still illegal to mount a euro plate, or any other plate besides an officially issued BC plate. It's illegal, it's a harsh heat score, and it's a $100+ ticket every time you get caught.

I had no front plate, then a euro front plate, and now I run olympic plates front & rear.

So, just because you see someone else doing it, does NOT make it okay. It's illegal.

Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
フルコンボ

Thanked 3,950 Times in 585 Posts
PG has a bunch, but theyre all bent.
Wait for the next batch. Lol
RCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
フルコンボ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post

I got mine online through a complany in the states that does custom plates with any numbers/design that you want. It was $50 usd including the plastic frame.

NOTE: They are ILLEGAL in BC. Even if you still display your proper BC plate, it's still illegal to mount a euro plate, or any other plate besides an officially issued BC plate. It's illegal, it's a harsh heat score, and it's a $100+ ticket every time you get caught.

I had no front plate, then a euro front plate, and now I run olympic plates front & rear.

So, just because you see someone else doing it, does NOT make it okay. It's illegal.

And YES, they WILL pull you over for a Europlate.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #8
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post

I think it was http://www.customlicenseplates.com/g...nseplates.html

i want to add on this

i was plateless and front windows were tinted and i had it like that for a good 8 months or so

but in the past month i had gotten a front tint + no plate ticket, and a second front tint ticket.

they seem much more stringent recently and it was the same fucking van that pulled me over twice.

it was my fault but damn it gets pricey lol

but they doo loook coool.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #9
Head Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCubed View Post
And YES, they WILL pull you over for a Europlate.
I got pulled over three times one night after a VW show where I had accidentally left German plates on the car before leaving. The first two cops were cool with it staying on, provided I took it off when I got home. It wasn't until the third cop pulled me over that I was told to take it off ASAP. Luckily I didn't get ticketed at all that night.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:43 PM   #10
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
why can't you say you drove the car from there :

/sarcasm
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:06 AM   #11
フルコンボ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I got pulled over three times one night after a VW show where I had accidentally left German plates on the car before leaving. The first two cops were cool with it staying on, provided I took it off when I got home. It wasn't until the third cop pulled me over that I was told to take it off ASAP. Luckily I didn't get ticketed at all that night.
Yup!
I got pulled over by cops for the plate 4 times. One of which I got a ticket for for $98. Lol.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:06 AM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
I'll never understand the obsession with plates from another country.

I think there's a bunch of Germans/Japs who look at NA cars with Euro/Jap plates and wonder "WTF would they put an ugly ass plate from my country on their vehicle, dumbarses".
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:48 AM   #13
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post

I think there's a bunch of Germans/Japs who look at NA cars with Euro/Jap plates and wonder "WTF would they put an ugly ass plate from my country on their vehicle, dumbarses".
The Germans are all putting on copies of BC's Olympic plates, because they think they look so much cooler than their stupid long skinny plates

Seriously, it's just a freakin' piece of metal... the only reason it looks "cool" is because it's different, from somewhere different. I guarantee you, Europlates are "boring" to Europeans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:04 AM   #14
racing & tech mod.

^ Exactly.

Although to be fair, because my cars are german, and were designed with euro plates in mind, they look better with euro plates (imho) in fact you can see on my red turbo, the euro plate does not block the intercooler inlet, whereas a domestic plate would. If we could get olympic plates in euro dimensions, I would probably pay the extra money for it.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #15
Head Moderator

Quote:

Nope, just like our obsession in North America for making our veihcles Euro- or J-Spec, people around the world like to make their NA-Spec. In fact we have one member in my club who's from Germany who's asking for both BC plates and a few North American specific parts.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #16
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Nope, just like our obsession in North America for making our veihcles Euro- or J-Spec, people around the world like to make their NA-Spec. In fact we have one member in my club who's from Germany who's asking for both BC plates and a few North American specific parts.
What type of car do you drive?

Mercedes owners are always retrofitting Euro parts that don't come standard here, yet Euro MB owners do NOT do the same thing. I understand this practice, since I'd love to have european convex mirrors and other useful goodies.

Its the Honda idiots that replace all the dash parts so they can have a JDM cupholder that I do NOT understand.

Then there's the idiots that think this looks good:
Old 04-09-2009, 09:59 AM   #17
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I'm with the "no front licence plate" crowd... always looks better with nothing at all... and euro plates look just as bad as North American plates.. for those who want to be different, just like everybody else...? Lame.

But because I have much better things to spend the $$$ on than tickets... and don't like being pulled over and my time wasted... I run the proper plates front and rear, no excuses.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #18
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeTech View Post
i want to add on this

i was plateless and front windows were tinted and i had it like that for a good 8 months or so

but in the past month i had gotten a front tint + no plate ticket, and a second front tint ticket.

they seem much more stringent recently and it was the same fucking van that pulled me over twice.

it was my fault but damn it gets pricey lol

but they doo loook coool.

dude, i got pull over 3 times for front tint by the same fuking cop.
in fact, i just got pull over the 3rd time last night.
downtown area... perhaps the same po po
silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #19
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:

same as some american's that don't have DRL's, and modify their headlights and all to HAVE DRL's, while we don't want DRL's.

it's wanting what you don't already have, human nature.
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #20
Head Moderator

Quote:
What type of car do you drive?

Mercedes owners are always retrofitting Euro parts that don't come standard here, yet Euro MB owners do NOT do the same thing. I understand this practice, since I'd love to have european convex mirrors and other useful goodies.

Its the Honda idiots that replace all the dash parts so they can have a JDM cupholder that I do NOT understand.
When I was with the VW crowd, I'd see it all the time on Vortex (Euro owners asking for NA parts, and vice versa). I'm currently in an MX6/Probe GT club that does the same thing. The things they tend to ask for are different bumpers, headlight/talight styles, etc. Mainly cosmetics, though they also go to Australia because their cars had the 4ws setup and variable air ride system that no one else got.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #21
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post
same as some american's that don't have DRL's, and modify their headlights and all to HAVE DRL's, while we don't want DRL's.

Bingo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #22
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post

Well this one is about safety.

Anyone running without DRLs should be given a large ticket, they are so helpful especially near sunrise/sunset to see oncoming cars threw the glare.

I'm surprised the US has not made this mandatory.

Last edited by taylor192; 04-09-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #23
racing & tech mod.

Quote:
Well this one is about safety.

Anyone running with DRLs should be given a large ticket, they are so helpful especially near sunrise/sunset to see oncoming cars threw the glare.

I'm surprised the US has not made this mandatory.
you mean anyone running withOUT DRL's should be ticketed?

The problem is, there is no way a cop can tell whether or not and older vehicle should or shouldn't have DRL's.

I'm a supporter of DRLs (or at least running lights or headlights) during dusk/dawn, and even daytime, but I'm not in favour of giving cops another bullshit reason to hassle us.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #24
Banned By Establishment

I need to replace my cupholder, that reminds me... better get on that.
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #25
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,803 Times in 1,765 Posts
What's the big deal about DRL's?

Why do so many people want to get rid of them so bad? Any extra visibility is a GOOD thing.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote