REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #126
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Herb is a pushover. We had an off-ice altercation at one of our games this season. I got a one game suspension, my teammate got five games and the guy on the other team was supposed to be gone for the season. He ends up only getting six and on their team's game sheets he played before he was supposed to be eligible to return.
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #127

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
Looking for a player in this upcoming season that can play D, intermediate level. Anybody interested?
raygunpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:27 AM   #128
F3
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroleen View Post
Why certain teams are not bumped up or down and staying in a division they dont belong a lot has to do with a 'business decision'. At the captain's meeting the commissioner promised a 8 team division. Unfortunately due to poor planning or the way things worked out a lot of teams got bumped down to 9 that didnt expect to ...ie BSB, AVA are two prime examples.
At the same time, teams like INC could be wayyy too good for T9 but they gonna get their asses kicked up in T8...its a no win situation. Some teams basically are threatening the league they will leave the league if they dont bump a certain team out. But again its a business and its better to lose one team than to lose two (this is the situation with the MTB).

As for the INC, funny thing was in exhibition and first half of the season , they were so so weak of a team.

I seriously doubt they would be worse than the worst team in tier 8. There isn't THAT big of a skill difference from 8 to 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewong View Post
Yeah a good team with good defense core could shut them down, problem is. How many tier 9 teams have that type of defense core? Probably could, but it means you are putting all ur skill on defense and have the less skilled guys on offense.

Seriously, it's a no win situation for whoever is in 4th in tier 9. Our team doesn't have enough skilled guys to spread to keep them at bay and have strong offense. KBI has more size, which could work for them against this team.
Just sandbag the rest of the season to make sure you finish no higher than 5th.
F3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:14 AM   #129
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3 View Post
I seriously doubt they would be worse than the worst team in tier 8. There isn't THAT big of a skill difference from 8 to 9.

I would think they would fair pretty well in div 8. But who from div 8 would move down to 9?

Finishing 4th or 5th would make no difference. Winning their first round would put them up against INC in the second round, assuming INC doesn't lose to Mad gorillas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:17 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I watched the first few minutes of their game vs BSB a few weeks back and I was thinking to myself that they do look like a weak team.

Someone posted on the Ice604 forums about them but Herb has a point. They are winning most of their games by only a few goals. So what gives. Are they that good or are we that bad?

I was just looking through my team's schedule, and i noticed something.....

Herb's point is FALSE. Prior to re-tiering, the INC team's first 3 wins were 7-1, 5-2, 11-3.

How does that justify a business decision based on winning by only a few goals? Like really...i don't give a shit about this division, and as a matter of fact, the league. I'm playing as a part timer because im happy to be playing hockey after injury, and just to check the league out. Regardless, i will always be a fan of good quality hockey, whether its in the highest or lowest tiers, and frankly, nothing is impressing me.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:28 AM   #131
F3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I would think they would fair pretty well in div 8. But who from div 8 would move down to 9?

Finishing 4th or 5th would make no difference. Winning their first round would put them up against INC in the second round, assuming INC doesn't lose to Mad gorillas.
Since there's 10 teams in tier 9 the top 4 teams will play each other in the playoffs and the bottom 6 teams will play each other in a separate playoffs. Therefore the team that finishes in 4th will have to play the 3 best teams in the division, while finishing 5th will allow you to play against the bottom teams in the tier. At least this is how i've been told the playoffs will work.
F3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:17 AM   #132

Quote:
Since there's 10 teams in tier 9 the top 4 teams will play each other in the playoffs and the bottom 6 teams will play each other in a separate playoffs. Therefore the team that finishes in 4th will have to play the 3 best teams in the division, while finishing 5th will allow you to play against the bottom teams in the tier. At least this is how i've been told the playoffs will work.
Not too sure about Div 9, but that was how they planned on setting up Div 1-2.

Top 4 teams battle for Div 1 superseries and the bottom 6 battle for Div 2.

Actually, that is a very good question.

*** Edit***

Looks like F3 is correct. The top 4 teams are going to play in a Memorial cup style tournament to fight for the championship.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing

Last edited by SumAznGuy; 07-23-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #133
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
I'm sure KBI has the same idea as us too. No one really wants to be 4th right now.
ewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #134
I'm Keroppi's Girlfriend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewong View Post
I'm sure KBI has the same idea as us too. No one really wants to be 4th right now.
RAybot and Noir and rest of the Unbeetables boys better come out last few games to win some games :P
Keroleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #135

Why is Noir in the bottom tiers? He's the fastest kid alive.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #136
I'm Keroppi's Girlfriend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunpk View Post
Why is Noir in the bottom tiers? He's the fastest kid alive.
cuz he's too predictable....hahaa
Keroleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #137

LOL what's his signature move?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #138

Cut in through the dmen and go for the forehand, backhand deke on the goalie
ewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:37 AM   #139

Pass the puck damn it!!!!!!
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 07-24-2009, 08:11 AM   #140

Oh you.....Noir is a fine passer. I dunno what the hell he does in AVA....maybe he has nobody really to pass to
Old 07-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #141

Hey guys

Looking to complete my teams roster for the Coast (Richmond) winter season. Looking for a pair of skilled D and 2 Forwards. Competitive well managed team. We are a high caliber team planning to win our Tier. We have 3-5 practices/scrimmage planned before the season starts. If you are interested email me AntChow@gmail.com

Skill Level - Intermediate
Arena: Richmond Ice Arena
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #142

There you go....COAST!!! Now theres a decent run hockey league.....I've always enjoyed playing coast; sure they have issues, but its more bang for buck for me....
Old 07-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #143
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

yea im hearing bad things about coast, mainly the reffing but my team is joining it for our 1st year. can anyone compare the competition to ashl? we're starting in the lowest tier but will probably be bumped up
Old 07-25-2009, 07:10 AM   #144

If anyone is curious, here is the playoff schedule for this summer.

http://www.ice604.com/playoffs_schedule.htm

Personally, I LOVE the 2 week break between games 2 and 3 for the top 4 teams in div 9.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 07-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #145

I've heard Coast is a terrible league.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:25 PM   #146

Quote:
Looking for a player in this upcoming season that can play D, intermediate level. Anybody interested?
Looking FT or PT or sub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprasian View Post
yea im hearing bad things about coast, mainly the reffing but my team is joining it for our 1st year. can anyone compare the competition to ashl? we're starting in the lowest tier but will probably be bumped up
Nice, what team are you gonna be on? Your team will start Div10 for tiering and then you will be placed in the appropiate div. Last yr we got dropped to the lowest Div15(i think) sucked and then pulled it together going into the playoffs and went all the way. I think we may go up 1 div this yr.

Quote:
It's ok. It won't compare to ASHL but the level of play is decent. It is more physical than ice604, that's for sure.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:28 PM   #147

Quote:
Not the greatest league but they offer a full season. With the Olympics coming into town, a few leagues in Vancouver have cut their seasons in half.

Last edited by Wormiez; 07-25-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:15 AM   #148
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

so anyone on KBI and AVA give Steve Darling (Anchor on Global BC) a hard time as ref today?
shishkabobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #149

I was wondering why the ref was super friendly.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkabobo View Post
so anyone on KBI and AVA give Steve Darling (Anchor on Global BC) a hard time as ref today?
I did, after the game. I told him he should be on TV, and he gives me a pat on the back.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing