REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   average insurance for new motorcycle driver in vancouver (https://www.revscene.net/forums/571532-average-insurance-new-motorcycle-driver-vancouver.html)

lol FAIL 04-09-2009 08:19 AM

average insurance for new motorcycle driver in vancouver

Not sure if it matters but I've had my full license for about 4 years. Planning on getting my motorcycle license this year and probably a cheap CBR250 or the lowest one possible.

How much should I expect to pay for insurance? Also, can you do it monthly (ie. insurance for 4 months for the obvious reasons,) or do you have to pay yearly?

ziggyx 04-12-2009 01:21 AM

if you are looking at a cbr250 I believe your insurance will be around the same as my gf. She has a ninja 250r and I think she is paying about 130 per month?? That's full coverage including collision and theft. I think insurance for a bike will be based on the size of the engine, but i'm not entirely sure.

You can choose however many months you want to insure your bike for. You can insure the bike for a few months or a year. On top of that you can choose to pay for the insurance as a whole or pay it monthly.

If you do buy insurance for a year you can cancel it later on but they will charge you a fee for it. Just go to any insurance place if you have any questions they will probably answer it better than me.

But anyways goodluck on getting your motorcycle license and once you do ride safe.

racerman88 04-12-2009 11:03 AM

get the ninja 250, much better bike. Insurance won't be cheap if you are a new rider. I would look into the sponsors on www.bcsportbikes.com cassells insurance. Great rates compared to ICBC for your optional. Other companies are coast capital and beacon insurance. They might require a minimum 10 years riding experiences though.

Gh0stRider 04-12-2009 11:18 AM

yes, they do require at least 10 years of driving experience.

silva95teg 04-16-2009 10:16 AM

Funny they require 10 years driving experience not riding.

lol FAIL 04-24-2009 02:05 PM

Anyone got recommendations on places to buy new/used bike? GVR area.

mc25 04-25-2009 01:45 PM

I was paying $1600/ year for my 600 cc bike, with 15% discount. That was not even fully insured...

asian_XL 04-25-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnguyen (Post 6375866)
if you are looking at a cbr250 I believe your insurance will be around the same as my gf. She has a ninja 250r and I think she is paying about 130 per month?? That's full coverage including collision and theft. I think insurance for a bike will be based on the size of the engine, but i'm not entirely sure.

You can choose however many months you want to insure your bike for. You can insure the bike for a few months or a year. On top of that you can choose to pay for the insurance as a whole or pay it monthly.

insurance doesn't only based on the the size of the engine.

FYI, my buddy's Yamaha FZR-400 insurance is around $88 with 25% discount.
my old 01 R6 is around $155 with 35% discount. Easiest is to check with your
auto broker, it takes 2 minutes for them to figure it out.