REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:41 AM   #26
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
That's what happened to me. The officer gave me a ticket at a roadblock for front window tint, which I didn't have. I didn't want to argue with him there cause I was on my way to the airport and didn't want to be delayed any longer. I talked to the officer a week later and he and his supervisor (basically his supervisor taught him how to tell if there was tint on the window) agreed that my car did not have front window tint (other than the green UV glass, which is what he thought was window tint). He said he submitted the ticket already and unfortunately, I still have to dispute it. He actually called me back to apologize and also to remind me to make sure I dispute the ticket. The day before the court date, he returned my call and told me basically to show up just in case he couldn't make it. At the courthouse, he found me, we shook hands, he verified which ticket was mine and then told me I can go and he'll take care of it in court for me. So talking to him before hand would be good and if you can come to an agreement with the officer ahead of time, it would really help in court.