REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #26
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
I think those questions should be up to you and your schedule, try them out, listen to your body and see what's best for you.

I mix whey with milk right before bed, there's no problem with it. If you think about it, why would there be? The protein you take won't turn into fat cells
well if it cant turn into fat cells couldn't it impede the fat burn during the night? that is if your mussle need to replace glycogen and your fat stores are there would your body use them?
Advertisement
Mr Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #27
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Colt View Post
Ok thanks that answers a few of my last questions but these still leave me pondering.
Quote:
Ok back to a couple HIIT questoins, so looking though google its hard to filter out what the best info i need is,
-Should i do HIIT: - YES
-in the morning and then do my lifing at night, or the other way around,
or HIIT some days and Lifiting on others? - HIIT IN THE MORNING
-Should i eat carbs and or protein with in an hour of ether, or after? - CARB AFTER TRAINING ONLY
one website said to do 6sec sprints/9sec rests some say 30/60 etc, are lots of shorter sets better? if its true to do 6/9 sets is it possible to get the heart rate down low enough in 9 seconds? - I PREFER LONGER, WHAT KIND OF REST IS 9 SEC?

-If i want to lose as much fat as possable is it bad or good to take isolate(or any) protien right before bed(keeping the mussel's fed)? - BAD, USE CASEIN OR COTTAGE CHEESE OR HARD CHEESE OR EGGS AND NO CARBS
-If i get hungery in the middle of my lifting can/should i eat then or contiune through the days program (even if these 2 hours before i am done?) - 2 HOUR WORKOUT? WAY TOO LONG.

-when lifing heavy or in general, i was told to rest between my sets until i felt i can get the next set all done, which depending on how heavy the next set is or how social the gym is could be between 1-6mins i try to keep it under 2mins, would i gain something if i move quicker? - REST TILL YOU CATCH YOUR BREATH.
Answered in caps.

GL
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
civicyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicyvr View Post
Answered in caps.

GL
thanks that helps a bit, but my "long work outs" arnt that long, i just have longer rests, for example my bench sets of 5x8 can take between 40-60mins
i have a problem socializing some times but my strength gains are going up consistently, i have benched about 8times since mar 17, i went from 115-145 x8
dead lift went from 260x1 - 300x5 squats 175x2 -235 x5 call them beguiner gains maybe but the system seems to work. just not soo much for fat burn.

i will try HIIT in the mornings instead of before bed, might be more useful.

and yeah how can you possibly get your heart rate down in only 9 seconds, you may as well be constat state right? I am doing now 25-40 second bursts followed by rest untill i see my heart rate go down to 138ish, between 90-240second rests
Old 04-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
you don't need to do 8 sets of bench presses, what's your whole routine like?
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
you don't need to do 8 sets of bench presses, what's your whole routine like?
no lol, not 8 sets, 8reps 5 sets,
arm/bench day
bench 5x8
skull crushers or dimand 3x10
standing mill press 3x10
dumbell press 3x10
bar bell curl 5x8
hammer curl 5x8

dead lift 5x5 or back squat day 5x5
bent over row's 5x8 or stiff leg dead lift 5x8
back lat pull 5x8

rest (maybe)

front squat day 5x8

and reapeat with days mixed with HIIT
Old 04-23-2009, 12:41 AM   #31
RS controls my life!

Quote:
no lol, not 8 sets, 8reps 5 sets,
arm/bench day
bench 5x8
skull crushers or dimand 3x10
standing mill press 3x10
dumbell press 3x10
bar bell curl 5x8
hammer curl 5x8

dead lift 5x5 or back squat day 5x5
bent over row's 5x8 or stiff leg dead lift 5x8
back lat pull 5x8

rest (maybe)

front squat day 5x8

and reapeat with days mixed with HIIT
That is one fvcked up routine. So on each workout you do either 24 sets, 15 sets, or 5 sets? Who gave you that routine should be shot.

I would suggest a leg day, then push day, then pull day, rest, repeat. Oh, and only 12 - 18 sets max while picking your exercises for those days. You can add HIIT in the morning if you want to stoke up your metabolism.

GL
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
civicyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicyvr View Post
That is one fvcked up routine. So on each workout you do either 24 sets, 15 sets, or 5 sets? Who gave you that routine should be shot.

I would suggest a leg day, then push day, then pull day, rest, repeat. Oh, and only 12 - 18 sets max while picking your exercises for those days. You can add HIIT in the morning if you want to stoke up your metabolism.

GL
yeah i dont do all of those on every day(and the guy who trains me is one of the best out there, the guys i have met that he trains are stupid strong), i have a bench day with different arm work outs every split, i have a deadlift or squat day with different mixes of upper or lower back work outs, and i have a front squat day, just front squats after i get back from rest day.

Last edited by Mr Colt; 04-23-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #33

Ok, so today i have been feeling pretty grumpy with the fact that it feels like i havent lost so much as an inch of visible fat in the last two hardcore months, even if i am not doing things perfectly i should be getting some kinda of fat loss right? so i am giving my self to the end of the month or until i run out of my current fat loss supplement, and i am going to break down and try something a little more hardcore, my friend gave me his lipo6x and they might be working there way into my life for the next two months,
any comments?
Old 04-25-2009, 02:05 AM   #34
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Damn, you must be @ the gym forever then. I would stick to the typical 3 sets of 8-10 reps for every type of exercise. Vary your exercise for each muscle group. So for example on chest, I do DB press, BB press, cable cross-over fly or DB fly. Total of 9 sets for my chest.
BlackV62K2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:14 AM   #35
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
well at 190 lbs now, you won't lose an inch that easily, it could take many months
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:14 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
Damn, you must be @ the gym forever then. I would stick to the typical 3 sets of 8-10 reps for every type of exercise. Vary your exercise for each muscle group. So for example on chest, I do DB press, BB press, cable cross-over fly or DB fly. Total of 9 sets for my chest.
might be an idea, when i say i do 3 or 5 sets, i mean the ones i count as heavy sets, there can be quite a few lighter sets on the way to the top.