REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
What to do?

So the girl that im still in love with happens to be my best freind. She wants me to come out with her and her freinds because one of them thinks im hot and wants to meet me. This puts me in this dilemma. I know my freind knows I like her deep down which sucks, but it puts me in this situations in which I don't know how to act. Jelousy would work in situations in which she wasn't trying to set me up. I also know her freind, and im not interested at all.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!
Thanked 1,204 Times in 561 Posts
Tell her it would make you uncomfortable since you're not interested in the other girl. If she knows you like her, she shouldn't be trying to set you up (unless she's trying to distract you so you'll stop liking her).
"Can you match my resolve? If so then you will succeed. I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavour to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve." -- Monty Oum

Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
Old 04-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #3
Need to Shave n Shower, but I CANT STOP POSTING ON RS
Thanked 6,164 Times in 1,151 Posts
Originally Posted by rslater View Post
one of them thinks im hot and wants to meet me.

no, I am not gay
Old 04-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)
you're gonna have to slit her throat
Old 04-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS
Wait. So she wants to meet you, but you already know her? You make that bad of an impression where she forgot you or what? Or am I missing something?

Generally if a chic knows you like her but doesn't want anything to do with you romantically, you have very very very little chance of turning her mind around. It can be done, heck, I've only managed to do it once, but it's very tough. Look at this as a bonus, seriously. The best way to meet new chics is by having chic friends that know you like them but still keep you around. They will always be trying to play matchmaker. Shit, that's probably in the encyclopedia.
Scizz's a living legend and I tell you why, everybody wanna be Scizz an Scizz still alive
Old 04-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
The Lone Wanderator
Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
"not interested" means that with chicks. It's possible she's trying to distract you because she's feeling pressured or uncomfortable. Either way, she's trying to set you up.

So, you have several choices.

1) Suck it up and admit that you like her and say you're not going to date anyone else. As a side effect, completely ruin your freindship with her.
A) and start a successful relationship
B) and lose her in your life

2) Don't tell her you like her, but turn down the friend saying you're not interested in dating anyone and hope that she clues in or gets attracted to you.

3) Accept the offer, and reject the hottie.

4) Accept the offer, nail and dumpt the hottie.

5) Accept the offer and make a good try of it, realizing that your chick friend will most likely never like you.

Also, how long has it bee since you met this chick to die for?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #7
Director of RS Cares
if you dont want to be set up with her friend, then just tell her you are not interested.
it's not rocket science.

to me, she is trying to set you up with her because she wants you to stop liking her and move on.
tiptronic: getting cut off by bicycles since 2007
Old 04-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #8, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
Move on man... Don't ruin your friendship. Good friends are hard to come by
Old 04-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #9
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
Thanks for all your responses. The cold hard truth, in which most of you have said I have acknowledged over time, but never truly accepted that she wants me to stop liking her. It sucks to hear it from you guys, as well as when I say it. But as most of you know its just not that easy as turning a light switch off.

To answer your question greame, since grade 8, and now im 23....its just something I can't get passed. I've had girlfreinds, i've slept with a fair amount of girls, but at the end of the night she's still the one.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:22 AM   #10
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
damn tough situation, hope it works out for you in the end, good luck