REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 04-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #26
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,760 Times in 902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
trudat!
and on the other hand that damn place under superstore is pretty pricey. But overall I love the avg prices for this shiet. You get so much meat for not much money haha. Easiest and best dinners haha
Advertisement

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
why have you asians been hiding this place.

6 dollars for roast pork + bbq pork and rice?!?!?!!

WHY THE FUCK HAVE I BEEN EATING SUBWAY EVERDAY!!!!!!

It was pretty good
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #28
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
^
I think you rock because you're white and yet you open yourself to Asian foods & cultures. I know some Caucasians who refuse to step outside their own culture. They have no idea what they're missing!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
^
I think you rock because you're white and yet you open yourself to Asian foods & cultures. I know some Caucasians who refuse to step outside their own culture. They have no idea what they're missing!
True that! I can understand when non asians get scared about trying chicken feet, intestines, or other shiet that just seems gross. But bbq pork and shiet that sounds normal your just being wack.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:49 PM   #30
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

the place in parker place... is it really cheap there? or is it cheap and good? there is huge lines there!
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #31
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
True that! I can understand when non asians get scared about trying chicken feet, intestines, or other shiet that just seems gross. But bbq pork and shiet that sounds normal your just being wack.
you kidding i love chicken feet, and chicken hearts

infact us greeks do a dish called kokoretsi

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=kokoretsi&m=text

which is essentially all the "crap" parts of the animal (heart, lungs, livers, kidneys) wrap in intestine over a spit.

YUM
Old 04-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #32

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post

I'm just whack, I wouldn't eat any of that stuff listed except the bbq pork. Then again I'm a picky eater I don't eat seafood either. Beef, pork or chicken only.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:54 AM   #33
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
the place in parker place... is it really cheap there? or is it cheap and good? there is huge lines there!
its $6.75 for 2 kinds of meat + rice, $7.50 for 2 kinds of meat + rice + drink (ice milk tea, ice lemon tea etc etc)

and its same price for the "lai fun" too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:38 AM   #34
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,775 Times in 8,169 Posts
Yum, just went to the market and bought 1/4 of a roast duck, and half a catty of char siu, and it came to $30 HKD. Great price, and tastes way better than the fast food joints (and you can pick your own duck, so you don't end up with a crappy duck with no meat). Only problem is, the guy fucking yells like crazy (it's a loud public market) and it feels like my ears will bleed after buying from him
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #35
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
its $6.75 for 2 kinds of meat + rice, $7.50 for 2 kinds of meat + rice + drink (ice milk tea, ice lemon tea etc etc)

Holy crap that's a deal. I wish they had a place like that here in Surrey.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I'm just whack, I wouldn't eat any of that stuff listed except the bbq pork. Then again I'm a picky eater I don't eat seafood either. Beef, pork or chicken only.
I can understand but your missing out! Damn I love seafood mmmm

Old 05-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #37
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
the full chinese experience.

when u got some old geezer yelling out in ur ear how nice his bok choy is in another chinese dialec that you can barely make out one or 2 words.

one of these days, its gonna push me over the edge enough to yell back "STFU!!! im only 2ft away from you you moron! and your wife has better fresher bakchoy stuck in her teeth!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Yum, just went to the market and bought 1/4 of a roast duck, and half a catty of char siu, and it came to $30 HKD. Great price, and tastes way better than the fast food joints (and you can pick your own duck, so you don't end up with a crappy duck with no meat). Only problem is, the guy fucking yells like crazy (it's a loud public market) and it feels like my ears will bleed after buying from him

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #38
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
just spent 40 bucks on bbq meats at the place under superstore...

not bad...

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post

thats a really good deal. but is it good though?
Kapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:20 AM   #40
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

is there any good places in burnaby that anyone can say?
btran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:00 AM   #41
Banned By Establishment

I've been going to continental (5 road and cambie) and for 6.50 you get 2 meats. The chicken was pretty good and so is the roast and bbq pork. plus you get a shit load of some chinese leafy green.

Pretty good.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:19 AM   #42

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
^
You are such an egg.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #43
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
been going to dollar meats or some shit like that in chinatown since i was little
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #44
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btran View Post
is there any good places in burnaby that anyone can say?
yeah i just moved out to north burnaby, where should i be going to bbq? hopewell is relatively close still but are there other places i should try?

also slightly off topic, what places sell the lean version of the roast pork? my my mom bought it home one day it was really good without that huge slab of fat under the crisp skin
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:34 PM   #45
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
theres a really good place in parker place, but i forgot the name of it.
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote