REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'd thought to have a laugh before I point out the hypocrisy in your post.

If you weren't being the asshole who thinks they are clever with the law and giving the officer a hard time, do you really think he would do the same to you? Think about it. If you give the officer a hard time, what makes you think he won't do the same to you? Because it is your right? Well, it is HIS right to give you the ticket.

Abusing power? How about just being stupid and pushing the officers hand. Do you know how many shady people officers have to deal with on a daily basis? Do you really want to add to that and cause the officer to have even more suspicion?
your an idiot....officers choose to take that job..with all the corruption and bs going around I will make sure to flex my rights. You are all idiots if you just bend over and get ****** by cops everyday. I guess you don't need sex cause you enjoy how cops r*pe you.
Advertisement
stutterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #27
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Consider yourself warned. Any more outbursts like that will get you banned immediately. I'm sorry your life experience with Law Enforcement has been so unpleasant. Based on your posting, maybe your attitude has something to do with your experience?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #28
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stutterr View Post
your an idiot....officers choose to take that job..with all the corruption and bs going around I will make sure to flex my rights. You are all idiots if you just bend over and get ****** by cops everyday. I guess you don't need sex cause you enjoy how cops r*pe you.
So you're going to revert to insults instead of making an argument. Nice. Good job there Chief.

I suppose I can't really blame you. It's not like you chose to break some law so the officer is issuing you a ticket. No, it can't be that! It has to be because all cops are corrupt and issue tickets to flex their ego.

Instead of accepting responsibility, I'm going to go and flex what little knowledge I have about Canadian history and Canadian law to show that officer up! My grand father fought for those rights and despite me having nothing to do with that, I'll use that as a front and pretend like I had some part in this achievement! That'll teach him! That'll teach all those corrupt officers! I get a ticket and he walks away with a good story. That'll teach him for next time!

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #29
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
what if i had a baseball bat in shotgun but i also have a baseball.. is that cool?
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #30
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyvious View Post
what if i had a baseball bat in shotgun but i also have a baseball.. is that cool?
Why would you want to open yourself a can of worm?

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #31
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
Why would you want to open yourself a can of worm?
Someone set up us the bomb!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #32
HELP ME PLS!!!

well if you shot the shotgun, you'd prolly splinter off the bat and end up with a body like a porcupine.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #33
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Someone set up us the bomb!
wat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipples View Post
well if you shot the shotgun, you'd prolly splinter off the bat and end up with a body like a porcupine.
I think he meant "shotgun" as in the baseball bat is in the passenger seat/area. I had to reread it a second time to figure it out.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 04-25-2009, 07:53 AM   #34

Quote:
wat?

I think he meant "shotgun" as in the baseball bat is in the passenger seat/area. I had to reread it a second time to figure it out.
You have no chance to survive make your time!
Quote:
Old 04-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #35
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
As one of my instructors always said, "What if monkeys flew out my ass?" You can ask the "what if" questions all day long, always thinking up some sort of new scenario. Use your head/common sense.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #36
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
So you're going to revert to insults instead of making an argument. Nice. Good job there Chief.

I suppose I can't really blame you. It's not like you chose to break some law so the officer is issuing you a ticket. No, it can't be that! It has to be because all cops are corrupt and issue tickets to flex their ego.

Instead of accepting responsibility, I'm going to go and flex what little knowledge I have about Canadian history and Canadian law to show that officer up! My grand father fought for those rights and despite me having nothing to do with that, I'll use that as a front and pretend like I had some part in this achievement! That'll teach him! That'll teach all those corrupt officers! I get a ticket and he walks away with a good story. That'll teach him for next time!

You again fail to see my point. I am not going to let a cop take advantage break the law. Cops do it everyday. I know my rights, what is right and what is wrong. Just because I want to follow the law to an absolute tee, an officer can bend the rules to try and charge me? If you don't deserve a ticket you dont deserve it. A cop is suppose to uphold and enforce the law, not look for clever ways around it. I am always on defense when dealing with a cop, because they are supposed to issue tickets. I will not allow an officer to violate my rights just to make his job easier.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #37
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
I believe attitude counts when determining if someone "deserves" a ticket. There's a lot of grey area in the way the laws are written, so when it comes down to the officers interpretation of the law, and you're busy being an ass and trying to make his job difficult, the officer is much more likely to give you a ticket if what you are doing illegally falls into a grey area.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #38
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
A cop is suppose to uphold and enforce the law, not look for clever ways around it.
Sometimes, the law GIVES us "clever" ways to achieve things that people might assume we shouldn't be doing.

Quote:
I am always on defense when dealing with a cop, because they are supposed to issue tickets. I will not allow an officer to violate my rights just to make his job easier.
Thankfully, we are supposed to, and do more than just issue tickets. The job would become quite monotonous very quickly, I imagine, if all we were supposed to do was issue tickets.

As for not allowing a police officer to "violate your rights", I hope you're up to date on all the BC statutes, Criminal Code and all the case law that would let you know exactly what those rights are in various situations. That is a lot of information for the average person who isn't dealing with them every day to know. We prefer when people aren't obstructing us carrying out our duties and obligations. Less of a head-ache, and less time wasted.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #39
CRS

Quote:
You again fail to see my point. I am not going to let a cop take advantage break the law. Cops do it everyday. I know my rights, what is right and what is wrong. Just because I want to follow the law to an absolute tee, an officer can bend the rules to try and charge me? If you don't deserve a ticket you dont deserve it. A cop is suppose to uphold and enforce the law, not look for clever ways around it. I am always on defense when dealing with a cop, because they are supposed to issue tickets. I will not allow an officer to violate my rights just to make his job easier.

Laughing at the irony of this post.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 04-26-2009, 12:43 AM   #40
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

"apparently" I can walk down the street with my non-restricted firearm fully exposed (with a locking cable through it) while walking to the range (with all my legal papers/license). Now, will I do that? HELL NO, as I'm not an idiot and people are going to call the police stating there is a guy with a "gun" walking by their house. yeah that will be fun...

now what would you police officers do in this situation? the non-restricted firearm is visible and the guy is just an idiot for not carrying it in a concealed case. i don't think you would confiscate it... or would you?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:36 AM   #41
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I saw a guy wearing a trench coat and carrying a 3 foot katana strapped on his back in Victoria on Douglas a few months back. Certainly an unusual sight.
Corey Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #42
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
He was just an oriental gardener coming back from Oak Bay after work?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #43
Banned (BBM)

dont really post much here.. but damn you are annoying mod.

grow up.

Quote:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'd thought to have a laugh before I point out the hypocrisy in your post.

If you weren't being the asshole who thinks they are clever with the law and giving the officer a hard time, do you really think he would do the same to you? Think about it. If you give the officer a hard time, what makes you think he won't do the same to you? Because it is your right? Well, it is HIS right to give you the ticket.

Abusing power? How about just being stupid and pushing the officers hand. Do you know how many shady people officers have to deal with on a daily basis? Do you really want to add to that and cause the officer to have even more suspicion?
Eric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #44
Banned By Establishment

this thread:

Pro-tip: Always remember to hide your weapons out of plain site. Because self-defense isn't a good reason to carry a 12 guage in your 4runner.
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #45
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric22 View Post
dont really post much here.. but damn you are annoying mod.

grow up.
Yes, I'm going to grow up when I'm saying follow the law instead of breaking it and being a douchebag about it.

Yes. I'll be the one who needs to grow up.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 05-04-2009, 11:22 PM   #46
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukkeneh240 View Post
"apparently" I can walk down the street with my non-restricted firearm fully exposed (with a locking cable through it) while walking to the range (with all my legal papers/license). Now, will I do that? HELL NO, as I'm not an idiot and people are going to call the police stating there is a guy with a "gun" walking by their house. yeah that will be fun...

now what would you police officers do in this situation? the non-restricted firearm is visible and the guy is just an idiot for not carrying it in a concealed case. i don't think you would confiscate it... or would you?
Yes, in the word of the law it is legal to do this, but it is stupid to do this. If we are getting a call for this I would guarantee the call would be "there is a guy on the street with a gun" and not "there is a guy walking down the street with a non-restricted firearm with a trigger lock and all of the appropriate documentation." Because of the information we receive, I would be treating it as a live firearm and would be detaining him at gunpoint for public safety and my safety and determining the legalities of it after he is in handcuffs and I have ensured the weapon is secure.

After it was determined to be secure then I would have some decisions to make. I would most likely seize the firearm just in public interest as it is not normal to carry a gun down the street and if he would like it back, he could go through the proper channels to get it back. I'm sure a bunch of you are going to say that I am over-stepping my boundaries by seizing the firearm, but I would rather over-step my boundaries than see the headline in the paper the next day, "Man goes on shooting spree after Mountie sees him walking down the street carrying a gun!"

And to Stutter, if you are already pulled over for whatever reason the officer isn't "bending the rules" to charge you. You were obviously pulled over for committing a driving offence and you just made his decision regarding a ticket or a warning a lot easier. It is hard to drive a single block without seeing numerous driving offences, there are enough real ones that we don't need to make up fake ones.
Five-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:00 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-Oh View Post
It is hard to drive a single block without seeing numerous driving offences, there are enough real ones that we don't need to make up fake ones.
Hahaha, that is TOO true!
Quote:
Old 05-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #48
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
I just don't get it. If you were a police officer, and you asked someone if you could look in their trunk and they said no, wouldn't that raise alarm bells in your head?

And seeing that you want to follow the law to an absolute tee, I assume that you never exceed 50km/h on city streets.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #49
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I just don't get it. If you were a police officer, and you asked someone if you could look in their trunk and they said no, wouldn't that raise alarm bells in your head?
yeah it would probably concern the police officer. but for all he knows, the guy could have gay porn in his trunk, he's just too embarrassed to say so. think of the most embarrassing thing you could put in your trunk.. like a blow up doll, a collection of fleshlights, a sculpture of a poo, something embarrassing, do you really want to have to show the police officer this item, just because he has a hunch you might have bricks of 'caine in there? These laws are in place to protect our privacy.

ok for the sake of argument (and i love a good argument LOL), lets say you're OKAY with the officers opening your trunk and humiliating you by bursting out into laughter, since you like to live your life open-book and the attention the officers give you. Do you think searching your personal stuff should be limited to cars? What about searching your wife/mother/daughter's body? What about searching your body?!

Officer: Sir, may I know what's in your ass?
virgin a-hole guy: uhh... nothing, poo i guess. I have nothing to hide
Officer: Well then... *pulls out latex glove*
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #50
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post

And seeing that you want to follow the law to an absolute tee, I assume that you never exceed 50km/h on city streets.
Well if I was an officer, I would do what I was trained to do. Use my instinct and act within the law. So what if I feel uncomfortable, thats part of the job. Thats why I get paid to do my job. You dont become a cop because its the safest job in the world. I wouldn't let an officer break the law just because its easier for him. Just because a cop asks me to see my trunk does not allow him access. I will gladly tell him no. A cop should not have to violate my rights inorder to make himself feel more comfortable. If an officer feels that he needs to break the law to do his job, he should not be in a cop. Lets take the scenario of the polish immigrant being tasered by RCMP. Should I then violate and brake the law when coming into contact with an RCMP officer due to me not feeling comfortable in their presence? Time and time again, its surfacing that yes, officers break the law repeatedly.

Who gives dam if it raises alarm bells. Just because I wont bend over and take it up the *** like most people on here, doesn't make me the bad guy. I am innocent until proven guilty. Unfortauntely most officers stereotype and will catorgize you in the first few seconds of seeing you.

With the mindset that most people have replied to my post, I guess we should allow racial profiling and ethnic profiling. Our laws were meant to protect us. The police are there to "serve and protect". They uphold the law, not create new laws on the spot to make their job easier. Cops have to prove their charges. That is why so many cases get tossed out, due to poor police work. If a the rules were not followed, or evidence was not gather correctly, the case is tossed out. We live in Canada, not some 3rd world kangaroo court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-Oh View Post
And to Stutter, if you are already pulled over for whatever reason the officer isn't "bending the rules" to charge you. You were obviously pulled over for committing a driving offence and you just made his decision regarding a ticket or a warning a lot easier. It is hard to drive a single block without seeing numerous driving offences, there are enough real ones that we don't need to make up fake ones.
First off Five-Oh, if I was pulled over for a traffic violation, and show no signs of intoxication or any other visable violations or weapons, does the officer have the rights to search myself, or my vehicle. I think not. I should be issued a ticket and be on my way. But many people here think that if the officer gets a funny feeling or maybe wants to just be a dick and search my vehicle, I should let him. Why should I allow my time to be wasted and my rights be violated just because a cop has a hunch?

What are you refering to? Did you even read the last page?

Last edited by stutterr; 05-06-2009 at 05:10 PM.