REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:03 AM   #1
Jet
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Pacquiao vs. Hatton - May 2

Any boxing fans still out there? Is anyone else excited to see the fight ... its less than a week away ...

What are people's thoughts on who's going to win and how it's going to happen ... I think its going to get to around Round 7 and Pacman is going to get it done ...

Wonder if bars are going to be picking this PPV up since I bet its going to cost and arm and a leg and with HNIC its going to be a hard sell ...
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
As long as the Canuck's aren't playing, I'll be watching. If they are well, it'll be a tough choice. Might end up flipping back and forth.

But yeah, I've been looking forward to this fight. I'm surprised it hasn't been more heavily promoted.

Have you guys been watching the 24/7 prefight shows on TheScore (54)? There's one on today at 1pm and tomorrow at 12:30pm.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 04-27-2009 at 10:48 AM.
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I'm not saying this because I'm filipino but I see Pacquiao taking this in round 6 or 7.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Pacqui's last fight was amazing I don't see Haton winning but it will be a good fight.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
Jet

The funniest thing about this is Floyd Sr. and his non stop trash talking ... dude has been blasting Pacman to Freddie and he does it in an almost Ali way (Ali is way better at the talk but Floyd does come up with some pretty funny statements) ... I remember him making fun of Pacman's shadow punching and calling him a total amateur compared to his man Ricky ... i'll have to see on May 2 who's going to back up who's talk ...

Apparently Pacman's last fight against the Golden Boy is nothing compared to how he is right now, he's apparently a whole lot better physically, mentally and his form is a lot more locked down ...
Old 04-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #6

Can anyone confirm that there will be 4 undercard fights?

I'm going to buy the PPV but also watching the 'Nucks game. They both start at 6pm so if there's a bunch of fights before the main event, I'm hoping I can watch the game in its entirety.

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
Old 04-28-2009, 10:19 PM   #7
Jet

From the last couple of PPVs I've seen, they do a horrible job with the undercards ... but as long as you are only there to watch the main event, I believe they have it time scheduled so even if the undercards are all first round KOs ... it won't start earlier ... as was the case last time where the undercards where pretty fast so we just sat there and watched replays of the undercard highlights and a TON of commentary about the fights and the fight to happen ...

$60 is a bit pricy for me for just a PPV esp when I got no one else intereted to watch it, hopefully I can find me a bar that will show it since the nucks game is also on at that time it's going to be a toughy ...

damn CBC and the NHL ... always screwing the west coast viewers ... put it on a Friday instead for Game 1 ... and whats with the BS of early starts ... but I degress ... so everyone else up to date with HBO 24/7 ... last episode is on Friday with the first 3 before it ...
Old 04-29-2009, 07:19 AM   #8
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Sweet, go pacman!
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

pacman all da way!!!!
still_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #10

I haven't ordered any boxing ppv nor looked it up... does it cost 60$ for this if you were to order it? that's crazy esp. if there's only 1 fight you want to see...

If Pacman wins... I hope it's Pacman vs Mayweather next... now that will be something great
Old 04-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #11
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Hatton FTW.
Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #12
I don't get it

what a fight, I have watched alot of Manny's fights but this one, he just destroyed him, he dominated de la hoya last fight but Hatton didn't stand a chance after the first round.
iamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #13
Unauthourized Spammer

SO GLAD HATTON GOT KTFO BY PACMAN!! boy oh boy do i dislike hatton with a passion . got beat by both mayweather and pacquiao, got ko'd in the mayweather fight and got ktfo in the pacquiao fight.

can't wait for mayweather to get past marquez in july (if it is going to happen)and then fighting pacman around the end of the year. what a mega-fight that'd be. always dreamed of it happening one day and it may well come true very soon.
rickross888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #14
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
what a fight what a ko WOW he's the best. Pacman vs Mayweather would be the fight of ages!!
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:48 PM   #15

If I was Mayweather.. I say Fuck marquez and just go for Pacquiao right away $$$$.. If floyd loses that fight, there will be no hype to it anymore as I want Pacman to give him his first defeat....just my opinion.

And why do I get a feeling that Hatton just showed up to get PAID and that's it..
Old 05-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #16
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
i wasn't able to watch the fight but i heard when Hatton got knocked out, he had to be taken off in a stretcher?
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #17
Unauthourized Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
If I was Mayweather.. I say Fuck marquez and just go for Pacquiao right away $$$$.. If floyd loses that fight, there will be no hype to it anymore as I want Pacman to give him his first defeat....just my opinion.

And why do I get a feeling that Hatton just showed up to get PAID and that's it..
I agree with you and it would be the safer route for Mayweather to take if he bails on the Marquez fight. In a way it'll be good for Mayweather though since he might be able to work out his ring-rustiness in the Marquez fight before he actually faces Pacquiao all fine-tuned. With Mayweather taking the Marquez fight, he could further solidify his title of best pound-for-pound boxer in the world and hype up the pacman vs mayweather fight even more to determine who really is the pound-for-pound boxer.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #18
Unauthourized Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
i wasn't able to watch the fight but i heard when Hatton got knocked out, he had to be taken off in a stretcher?
not that I saw...he walked out of the ring and into the back. he was tended to for a while on the ground though.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #19

"Pacquiao (49-3-2, 37 knockouts) earned US$12 million for the fight, while Hatton (45-2) was paid $8 million"

Pacquiao can knock me out in the first round as well if they pay me 8million..

I'm just worried that mayweather might lose and the anticipation for him vs pacquiao will disappear.... just like couture/fedor fight.... couture lost to brock and now it's done lol
Old 05-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #20
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
I heard that in training Hatton got knocked down and out by his sparring partner. Still, I gotta see it for myself when the fight goes on cable or on YouTube.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:05 AM   #21
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

What a great fight!! I had my friends over (we are all Filipino) and we just went crazy after every knockdown. It's great how one man can inspire an entire nation.

I would love to see Mayweather-Marquez. Whoever wins, it's a great setup for Pacquiao. If Mayweather wins, it will be the best pound-for-pound fight in history. If Marquez wins, it would be a great setup for Pacquiao-Marquez III. Their previous two fights ended in a little controversy.
Ilagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:10 AM   #22
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

i wish i saw the fight.
sounds like it was awesome
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:30 AM   #23
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Crazy fight indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxfHWTETT_o
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:15 AM   #24

Not much to say for Pacquiao's performance - it pretty much spoke for itself. Complete domination.

After Hatton got nailed and the cheering subsided, a genuine feeling of concern came over my friends and I as he laid there, in what seemed almost seizure like. He definately got his pebbles rattled in a big way. In the replays, you could just see the shockwave go from his chin through his whole head. No doubt he's got a concussion.

What I found interesting was that his neck didn't twist like you normally see when a fighter gets tagged like that. It was like his neck was tensed up and most of the power from the hook got absorbed by his head/brain. Looked pretty freaky in slo-mo.

I was actually pretty surprised that the Vegas line on this fight was only 270 for Pacquiao.

I really hope things get better for Freddy Roach - he wasn't looking too good in his interview. He's turned Pacquiao from a one handed fighter to what he is today. Whatever he's doing with Pacman is working. Hopefully their successful partnership can continue for a long time.

BTW anyone see Batista in Pacquiao's entourage.

RSUV #7
Old 05-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #25
Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Not much to say for Pacquiao's performance - it pretty much spoke for itself. Complete domination.

After Hatton got nailed and the cheering subsided, a genuine feeling of concern came over my friends and I as he laid there, in what seemed almost seizure like. He definately got his pebbles rattled in a big way. In the replays, you could just see the shockwave go from his chin through his whole head. No doubt he's got a concussion.

What I found interesting was that his neck didn't twist like you normally see when a fighter gets tagged like that. It was like his neck was tensed up and most of the power from the hook got absorbed by his head/brain. Looked pretty freaky in slo-mo.

I was actually pretty surprised that the Vegas line on this fight was only 270 for Pacquiao.

I really hope things get better for Freddy Roach - he wasn't looking too good in his interview. He's turned Pacquiao from a one handed fighter to what he is today. Whatever he's doing with Pacman is working. Hopefully their successful partnership can continue for a long time.

BTW anyone see Batista in Pacquiao's entourage.
I think that's the whole point of that punch, the perfect area to hit someone to knock them down, the chin has no parts that can use to help absorb the hit and so the head takes almost all the punishment and your legs would just buckle and you drop ... it was actually very painful to watch in slo mo cause you can see the impact and how hard that punch actually was ... Roach is frickin like the Ross Brawn of boxing right now, perfect strategy for each fighter pacman is facing ... Hatton I thought was going to come out a bit more defensive but instead came out just swinging wildly (as Roach predicted, the british announcers laughed at him for saying how it was going to be a KO in 3 Rounds) ... all those hits on him was cause he was just too slow and never protected himself ... kinda like that chocolate milk commercial where the basketball player was so much faster than everyone else ... Hatton is done in the sport and he deserves his retirement and can enjoy his life with his family now, no need to prove anything else, he was a champ, he got beat by a champ and not some lucky punk ...

oh and yah how can you not see him ... Batista was frickin massive ... and wearing white did not help him look any smaller ... but seriously ... those pants were way too tight to be comfy ...