REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Driving While Prohibited (https://www.revscene.net/forums/574155-driving-while-prohibited.html)

KuSouL 04-30-2009 06:22 PM

Driving While Prohibited

anyone with any useful info for me?
anything i can do to ... reduce the penalties
and yes i'm an idiot ... as far as i see this will be an expensive lesson

i got my suspension letter but i never replied to it until i got pulled over one day in downtown, he then suspended me on the spot and took my license, gave me a warning ... if i kept driving

and being the idiot i am ... i kept driving, got caught when i was filling up at the huskies in richmond ... the cop was just pulling out of the car wash and i was filling up right in front of him ~ i guess he typed in my license plate number and ... ya

i was then told to get out of the car and he handcuffed and thrown me into the back of his car (rather aggressively if i might add) ... waited for quite a while while he went through my car (except my trunk) and my wallet ... i had a feeling he thinks i had drugs? or are all people driving under prohibition treated the same way? he then took pictures of me / the car / and a couple of tickets i had in my wallet ... anyways he then let me out uncuffed me and gave me 2 pieces of paper:
(1) Promise to Appear (go to court May 26th)
(2) Notice of Impoundment (for 30 days)

right now ... just full of regret and feeling pretty stupid

as far as i know for fines (anyone know rough estimates?):
(1) Court Fines (?)
(2) Car Impoundment Fees (30 Days)
(3) Unpaid Tickets ($1092)
- Fail to Display N (0 Points?)
- Excessive Speed (3 Points)
- Drive Without Due Care (6 Points)
- Speed In / Outside Municipality (3 Points)
- Driving While Suspended (10 Points)
(4) Fines for the 22 Points

Anything I should know about when going to court?

Pleading guilty and hoping for a little bit of sympathy
Two things i know i can request for are ... monthly payments and also i heard if you surrender your license for a longer period of time they will take points off? but am i allowed to surrender my license if i dont even have it right now? can i start my surrender - period from the date i get my license back assuming i do?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated
I'm a f*ing idiot
People with similar situations / future reference ...

... sigh

skidmark 04-30-2009 07:19 PM

Perhaps some legal advice? (Lawyer Referral)

CRS 04-30-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuSouL (Post 6404435)
anyone with any useful info for me?
anything i can do to ... reduce the penalties
and yes i'm an idiot ... as far as i see this will be an expensive lesson

i got my suspension letter but i never replied to it until i got pulled over one day in downtown, he then suspended me on the spot and took my license, gave me a warning ... if i kept driving

and being the idiot i am ... i kept driving, got caught when i was filling up at the huskies in richmond ... the cop was just pulling out of the car wash and i was filling up right in front of him ~ i guess he typed in my license plate number and ... ya

i was then told to get out of the car and he handcuffed and thrown me into the back of his car (rather aggressively if i might add) ... waited for quite a while while he went through my car (except my trunk) and my wallet ... i had a feeling he thinks i had drugs? or are all people driving under prohibition treated the same way? he then took pictures of me / the car / and a couple of tickets i had in my wallet ... anyways he then let me out uncuffed me and gave me 2 pieces of paper:
(1) Promise to Appear (go to court May 26th)
(2) Notice of Impoundment (for 30 days)

right now ... just full of regret and feeling pretty stupid

as far as i know for fines (anyone know rough estimates?):
(1) Court Fines (?)
(2) Car Impoundment Fees (30 Days)
(3) Unpaid Tickets ($1092)
- Excessive Speed (3 Points)
- Drive Without Due Care (6 Points)
- Speed In / Outside Municipality (3 Points)
- Driving While Suspended (10 Points)
(4) Fines for the 22 Points

Anything I should know about when going to court?

Pleading guilty and hoping for a little bit of sympathy
Two things i know i can request for are ... monthly payments and also i heard if you surrender your license for a longer period of time they will take points off? but am i allowed to surrender my license if i dont even have it right now? can i start my surrender - period from the date i get my license back assuming i do?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated
I'm a f*ing idiot
People with similar situations / future reference ...

... sigh

Lawyer up now.

Don't even bother with RS. You are in way over your head here and far away from any advice RS can give you. Legal advice is the only advice you should be seeking.

Serious laps on judgement like that can land you in a terrible spot. As such, the only way out is the man up or pay up (or a combination of the two).

zulutango 05-01-2009 07:25 AM

22 points on your DL, a prohib that you ignored....wow...you are a slow learner ? Not being sarcastic or unkind, but maybe the time spent out of a car will make you the better driver you could be ? I also suggest if you have legal questions, you talk to a lawyer...it's what they do. Most will give you a short free initial consultation. In the meantime...stay out of the driver's seat. Don't experience any more "serious REPEATED lapses of judgement".

6793026 05-01-2009 10:36 AM

yup, go get legal aid.
a hefty price to pay but it will result in great results.

damnhammer 05-01-2009 03:11 PM

if you have 22 pts and cannot get that amount reduced, ICBC says roughly $4500 for your DPP. Points only, not including the tickets themselves.

KuSouL 05-02-2009 12:36 PM

i know ~ it's $1092 for the tickets
and i'm gonna try to get the 22 pts reduced ... sigh

also i went to icbc and apparently now my car is impounded for 60 days
great = = 60 days of storage fees ...

MR_BIGGS 05-02-2009 01:08 PM

You should not be on the road.

jlenko 05-03-2009 09:18 AM

You said it for us...

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuSouL (Post 6404435)
yes i'm an idiot

Too bad you didn't think about the consequences until you got caught.

Good thing you're off the road now :thumbsup: