REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:16 AM   #1
All Day, Err Day Mod

Parking Ticket - Failure to Display Valid Pass

Hi All,

Recently I was given a ticket due to parking without the correct pass.
My Mother currently works for the airlines and provided me with her own Parking pass so I could park my car there while I was on vacation. She told me specifically where to park so I don't have to pay incredible parking fees while my car is there.

However, I had accidentally parked one lot over from the actual parking lot, resulting in a $45 parking ticket if I pay within the 7 days.

Although I had successfully displayed a legitimate parking pass on my front dashboard, I had simply mistaken the lot I was supposed to be in for the next one over.

Thing is, I know I should pay, but from reading stories here on Revscene, (i've searched around the forum), some people have refused to pay and continue living their lives as if nothing happened (although 3 parking tickets = tow)

I still think that the patrolmen was acting a little harsh on his end knowing that the wrong lot pass was displayed, and could have at least issued me a warning.

What should I do? Please help me!

Regards,

Nintensity
Advertisement

Feedback of 40-0-0

-kT: "No man get a ruler and look, 12cm is long!"
Nintensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:20 AM   #2
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Pay the ticket or they will turn your bill over to a collection agencey. You think Traffic Cops eat their young???...You have never met a parking nazi.....they are not permitted to breed with their own kind.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
just dispute. ask them are u sure? i have been parking there for 3 yrs with a parking pass at that specific spot with no issues.

if u have a good record u shoudl be fine and they will waive it.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
How I Mod your mother

Just pay it man, $45 is well worth the headache you'll save yourself of disputing etc
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
Retired Traffic Cop

Funny how we all tend to think of the situation from the point of view of receiving the ticket.

Put yourself in the lot owner's position: You aren't supposed to be there. You are keeping that space from earning revenue. The owner has expenses that must be paid whether the space is earning money or not. By occupying the space the you are agreeing to the civil contract for the use of the parking lot.

Now what would you do? Leave it there and slip a warning under the wiper? That would become one of your last thoughts really quickly.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
Island Mod

Just pay it, you admited your mistake already. I know a retired cop and he always told me in regards to parking tickets, "I can get you off a murder charge but good luck with a parking ticket".