REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   just friends (https://www.revscene.net/forums/574246-just-friends.html)

6793026 05-01-2009 01:51 PM

just friends

I'm not sure if it's cause of my age of if it's the demographics on the site. Everyone wants to tap the next best friend and date them. We see threads about dudes that are 19 and they want to date his best friend. Seriously, in my opinion, go tap other women, go find and explore other girls. Keep your best friend as your best friend IN case shit happens when you're older.

i have a few friends that i will never ever hit on. they are pretty girls, we share funny stories andi have met her friend's freind. i'm 29 and they're just about to finish college and they are really nice and cute, but just not really financially stable / sensible yet. so what do i do, i just maintain being friends with them.

wait till a few yrs pass by and they'll realize they have been dating assholes and BAM, i slide right in and let them make a move.

anyone in my shoes?

you 05-01-2009 01:55 PM

^^wise man here

Noir 05-01-2009 02:08 PM

Are you sure you're not just saying all that because you couldn't tap it to begin with? Even if you tried?

Remember, for it to be considered a refusal, the availability of benefit must've been present to begin with.

Culture_Vulture 05-01-2009 03:43 PM

^did you mean benefit of availability? I don't quite understand the last bit of your sentence.

I don't know what I should think about this guy's approach.
On the one hand, it seems like a pretty well-thought plan...but on the other, just how long are you going to wait?

-Physixx

Noir 05-01-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Physixx (Post 6405745)
^did you mean benefit of availability? I don't quite understand the last bit of your sentence.

Nope. Availability of benefit.

Meaning you can't refuse something you were never gonna have anyways. You can't pre-empt rejection.

liu13 05-01-2009 05:55 PM

OP got some sexual frustration?

gonna wait years and years for a friend then go in for the kill? your master plan sounds pretty lame imo

Grandmaster TSE 05-01-2009 06:12 PM

why wait?
go for the kill then and there
i'm not saying do that to a best friend, but why not to a girl you met or a female friend that isn't that close?

Boostaholic 05-01-2009 08:58 PM

I agree you shouldn't go for your friends, but waiting for them to break up with assholes so they can get with you is too unrealistic and will take waaayy too long.

Culture_Vulture 05-02-2009 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boostaholic (Post 6406040)
I agree you shouldn't go for your friends, but waiting for them to break up with assholes so they can get with you is too unrealistic and will take waaayy too long.

On the one hand, if he's just waiting for the right time to inject himself into her life, then that would probably be a very good "plan" (I guess).

On the other however, if he really intends on waiting until she gets her sudden self-realization, then by all means, kudos to the OP.

-Physixx

BoneThug 05-03-2009 03:02 PM

feel the same way. once a girl is my friend the option to date them vanishes. as for having the option in itself. thats kinda subjective. by the time i realise i want them as friends, ive started to act more like a guy a chick will be friends with then one thats trying to lay her and vice versa. sexual tension vanishes on both sides so there is not really anyway to reverse it but neither of us would want to.

if i had wanted to bone them, then id never befreind them in the first place.

+Kardboard+ 05-03-2009 03:51 PM

Hmm...interesting. Can't say I haven't thought the same way before, I have, but I'm not totally sure that works out too well. Timeliness is everything lol :lol

Tim Budong 05-04-2009 02:55 AM

go watch the movie just friends
its got a happy ending
but its hs story in a movie

its works
not worth waiting for
whatever happens happens

ctsport 05-04-2009 03:11 AM

ROFL! You sound like one of those guys that know a lot of girls but they (the girls) never want to be more than just 'friends' with you. :D

Dude, if any of your lady friends wanted to be with you, they would have done something by now; and if for some miraculous reason you actually end up with one of them, my guess is it's because they couldn't get anyone better and just settled with you. :(

ctsport 05-04-2009 03:29 AM

double post :p

03aspec 05-04-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by you (Post 6405625)
^^wise man here

lol, ya a wise man that sits around waiting 5 years for one pussy when then that pussy is being knocked up on the regular by other dudes. ya, wise.

you 05-04-2009 02:35 PM

wise man indeed :P

6793026 05-06-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6405870)
OP got some sexual frustration?

gonna wait years and years for a friend then go in for the kill? your master plan sounds pretty lame imo

I'm date a lot of girls, i just haven't found one that's mature, financially sensible for me to date them, so i play the fields. i'm currently seeing a european chick so trust me i ain't the next joe45.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneThug (Post 6408066)
feel the same way. once a girl is my friend the option to date them vanishes. as for having the option in itself. thats kinda subjective. by the time i realise i want them as friends, ive started to act more like a guy a chick will be friends with then one thats trying to lay her and vice versa. sexual tension vanishes on both sides so there is not really anyway to reverse it but neither of us would want to.

if i had wanted to bone them, then id never befreind them in the first place.

that's exactly why. i mean i have a few friends that are great but just not gf material yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctsport (Post 6408842)
ROFL! You sound like one of those guys that know a lot of girls but they (the girls) never want to be more than just 'friends' with you. :D

Dude, if any of your lady friends wanted to be with you, they would have done something by now; and if for some miraculous reason you actually end up with one of them, my guess is it's because they couldn't get anyone better and just settled with you. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03aspec (Post 6409142)
lol, ya a wise man that sits around waiting 5 years for one pussy when then that pussy is being knocked up on the regular by other dudes. ya, wise.

For guys that are in their late 20s, you'll agree with me. we get more and more attractive while girls get super desperate. what i'm saying is, if you ever met someone that aren't ready to be a good gf yet, instead of trying to get into her pants, treat her as a regular friend and one of these days the girl would be like wow, this guy is really cool and cute, why not give him a shot.