REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

'Unnecessary loud exhaust noise'

I checked the sticky at the top of the forum to see if there are points attached to this violation, Section 7A.01.. and its hard to tell, its either 0, or 3 from the table. If someone could clarify that would be great.

It's weird, the officer gave me a ticket for this.. but no VI ? I was at 97dB or something.
Advertisement
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,309 Times in 1,777 Posts
Go get your ticket, go read it and then post the exact section it is quoting from.

This is eliminate all of RS from guessing. It'll save you time and save ours as well.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Did you also want a VI? I'm sure he would be happy to issue one if you contacted him? Get the noise level lowered and you likely won't get stopped and ticketed again.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #4
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Did you also want a VI? I'm sure he would be happy to issue one if you contacted him? Get the noise level lowered and you likely won't get stopped and ticketed again.
That would be true in the perfect world.

In the same perfect world I can tell people all mechanics are honest and fix cars properly without ever scamming customers.

You have to admit there are bad apples in real life.
JL9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
RS controls my life!

Where and how was the measurement taken?

No points with this ticket...

2010 Touareg V6 TDI - Loving the green power
2011 Audi S4 - order picked for production... will be a late xmas present!!

hardSLAM
yvrnycracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

I got a Sheepdog twin exhaust and cops have never bothered me before.
Its been half a year, and Im usually on Granville Street.
let us know whats the "LAW"
Kapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
Retired Traffic Cop

7A.01 MVAR does have points. It is the only regulation that does.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
That would be true in the perfect world.

In the same perfect world I can tell people all mechanics are honest and fix cars properly without ever scamming customers.

You have to admit there are bad apples in real life.

I believe that you told us you got stopped for having a loud exhaust. If that was the reason you were stopped & ticketed, does it not make sense to you that IF your exhaust was not too loud, you would not have got stopped and been ticketed? This has nothing to do with a perfect world...and everything to do with why even YOU say you got stopped? Yes I agree there are "bad apples". By your own admission, you must be one... If you define them as being people who break the law..& in this case you were one......or does it only apply to really serious crimes...like mechanics who scam people?
Old 05-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
7A.01 MVAR does have points. It is the only regulation that does.
Thank you to the people that answered my question, other replies are irrelevant, CRS your reply really made no sense, but thanks for the effort. Skidmark can you tell me if this is 1, 2 or 3 points please? I'm guessing 3? I find it strange that a ticket for this would have points attached.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvrnycracer View Post
Where and how was the measurement taken?

No points with this ticket...
He asked me to rev it to 3k rpms, and i think he held the device close to my muffler.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #11
I don't get it

Quote:
I believe that you told us you got stopped for having a loud exhaust. If that was the reason you were stopped & ticketed, does it not make sense to you that IF your exhaust was not too loud, you would not have got stopped and been ticketed? This has nothing to do with a perfect world...and everything to do with why even YOU say you got stopped? Yes I agree there are "bad apples". By your own admission, you must be one... If you define them as being people who break the law..& in this case you were one......or does it only apply to really serious crimes...like mechanics who scam people?
Nice memory... almost, but there's no need to get all excited with your assumptions and sarcasm there.

I was stopped because of my exhaust being aftermarket, period. The officer did not perform any tests, and he never heard my exhaust or mention anything about it being loud. As far as two RCMP officers I've talked to about this are concerned, I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time, which is not something at all preventable in life. This is the reason why I'm disputing the ticket, even though I'm the guy who is against the ticket-disputing system for the most part. I really wanted to just pay for the ticket and move on but the officers I talked to urged me to use the system. I will get a first hand experience on whether it works or not.

Again, I've dealt with countless professional police officers, and that's why I say there are bad apples instead of condeming the police as a whole. This guy was not professional, and he was in charge of training the new guy, go figure.

But of course, you're offended somehow and think you're always right, so the discussion ends here. Thanks and have a good day.

Last edited by JL9000; 05-03-2009 at 08:03 PM.
JL9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #12
RS Peace Officer

So you are saying you got a VT for loud exhaust? Now you give us some details about "professional Police"...now we understand that is what you are talking about. From what you said in your earlier post I thought you meant dishonest mechanics...not Police who did not measure up to what you wanted them to be. You may have understood what you meant to say in your post but it was not clear to others.

Yes there are some Police are "unprofessional" , as there are also unprofessional mechanics, pilots, store clerks etc. In my past experience the 'unprofessional" label for Police usually means the client got charged/ticketed for something they did not want to. I have had dealings where I gave someone a # 3 Notice and Order for defects that should have had the vehicle removed from the road on the spot. I could have written at least 6 individual tickets but let the guy go with a fix it N & O #3 . His response was to file a complaint against me for oppressive behaviour, abuse of power and unprofessional conduct. After it all cleared, my supervisor's response was that I should have written the tickets and issued a #1 on the spot. Some people are not ready to accept that the laws actually apply to them personally. They are the ones most likely to cry "unprofessional" and what they really want is the VT or VI canceled so they don't have to comply with the laws.

If you had a problem with the way the Police dealt with you, and you are serious, then please do the proper thing and file a complaint. Don't expect that posting one side of an encounter here on this board will change the way things are done. In every case there at least 2 sides and sometimes the truth may be a combination of both of them. Sometimes satisfying the client will not satisfy the law.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:25 AM   #13
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
I was stopped because of my exhaust being aftermarket, period. The officer did not perform any tests, and he never heard my exhaust or mention anything about it being loud.
Quote:
So you are saying you got a VT for loud exhaust?
Wow, serious reading fail there. ZT, you shouldn't be posting at 10:19pm - it's way past your bedtime. Your 3:30am drunk postings tend to be much more astute

*nudge nudge*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:37 AM   #14
RS Peace Officer

"Every day, in every way, I'm feeling better and better, thank you"