REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 10-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #6851
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by van_driver View Post

The Evoque arrived??!
Advertisement
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #6852
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
yeah man theres like 3 of them at land rover of richmond...

ford edge basically
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:59 AM   #6853
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Spoiler!

Vancouver is not China.

Thanks
Old 10-10-2011, 04:09 AM   #6854
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post

Vancouver is not China.

Thanks
But Vancouver..... (especially West Van / Richmond) isss the new China
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #6855
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_2011 View Post
redlines_daily, you also spotted yourself haha nonetheless, both yours and the GTR are nice cars
haha, my car doesn't deserve to be in this thread but it sneaked in with the GT-R
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #6856
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
why are ppl jelly with supercars with N? yumadbrahs is it cuz you cant afford it and they can?
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #6857
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronix View Post
why are ppl jelly with supercars with N? yumadbrahs is it cuz you cant afford it and their parents can?
corrected
zonda_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #6858
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
The Evoque will be to Land Rover what the Boxster was to Porsche......the evoque will cannibalize GLK and X3 sales big time.....I think it is a good thing that it is based on the Ford Edge electronics and drivetrain....at least this landrover won't have electrical issues
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #6859
I STILL don't get it

wow. feeling unreal to be in this thread with all the super cars.. looks like people still appreciate clean cars..
Evolutionian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #6860
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonda_s View Post
corrected
still jealous that their parents can/does and yours can't/doesn't
requieml is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #6861
hot rod waggin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
The Evoque will be to Land Rover what the Boxster was to Porsche......the evoque will cannibalize GLK and X3 sales big time.....I think it is a good thing that it is based on the Ford Edge electronics and drivetrain....at least this landrover won't have electrical issues
It's not exactly based on the Ford Edge. The chassis is a modified LR2/Freelander which is actually a heavily revised Ford Mondeo/Contour/Mercury Mystique platform (yes it's that old).

The engine is from Ford, the 2.0L Ecoboost from the Focus bumped up to 247hp. But AFAIK, the electronics are not sourced from Ford.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #6862
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

icemiko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #6863
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
Spotted this driving machine getting groceries in the rain at Superstore =(

swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #6864
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^ Omg
PavelGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #6865
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmaniac View Post
It's not exactly based on the Ford Edge. The chassis is a modified LR2/Freelander which is actually a heavily revised Ford Mondeo/Contour/Mercury Mystique platform (yes it's that old).

The engine is from Ford, the 2.0L Ecoboost from the Focus bumped up to 247hp. But AFAIK, the electronics are not sourced from Ford.
thxs for the clarification. Who do they source electronics from then? thxs
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #6866
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmaniac View Post

This thing is starting to sound mildly affordable. Also, that m3 is the best thing posted in the last 2 pages. Getting sick of brand new sports cars.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #6867
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 6,847 Times in 660 Posts
God damn that M3 is nice.

I saw these two Ferrari 458s today.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #6868
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everymans View Post
This thing is starting to sound mildly affordable. Also, that m3 is the best thing posted in the last 2 pages. Getting sick of brand new sports cars.
You sure? Dylan's spots were pretty good as usual from Dylan heh
Posted via RS Mobile
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #6869
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by requieml View Post
how am i jealous? i'm paying for my merc c300 out of my own pocket and i'm proud of it. my parents taught me that if i want something, i earn it myself and i did just that.

mods: sorry if i'm going off topic. just wanted to put that guy in his place.

Last edited by zonda_s; 10-11-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: addition.
zonda_s is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #6870
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by requieml View Post
I think that really is the reason (for the majority) whether people want to admit it or not. I know that's my reason if I want to be straight out honest.

Don't give me this BS that if your parents really had the money to buy you an exotic, you would decline and say, no, because you didn't work hard and earn it yourself. In a realistic situation, any of you would gladly take up that offer. Especially if the price of the car was just chump change for your parents. You wouldn't even feel bad about it, when they back it up with a reason. Such as it's YOUR SPECIAL birthday gift, or your CONGRATULATIONS of obtaining a class 5 license. You might even begin to feel you actually deserve it.

Lots of people are spoiled, but based on their parents wealth, and it's really subjective.
An example for myself is that, while my parents aren't that baller to buy expensive cars, I was able to go on a nice vacation
multiple times every summer. As a kid, I thought that was normal, and there would be no way I would even think of rejecting that offer.

It wasn't until later, I realized... Not everyone in this world can afford to go on nice vacations every year.
That being said, I can't say I feel bad for those people that had parents that made less than mine. I don't know are they mad and jealous at me. Maybe they are.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 10-11-2011 at 09:28 PM.
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #6871
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I think that really is the reason (for the majority) whether people want to admit it or not. I know that's my reason if I want to be straight out honest.

Don't give me this BS that if your parents really had the money to buy you an exotic, you would decline and say, no, because you didn't work hard and earn it yourself. In a realistic situation, any of you would gladly take up that offer. Especially if the price of the car was just chump change for your parents. You wouldn't even feel bad about it, when they back it up with a reason. Such as it's YOUR SPECIAL birthday gift, or your CONGRATULATIONS of obtaining a class 5 license. You might even begin to feel you actually deserve it.

Lots of people are spoiled, but based on their parents wealth, and it's really subjective.
An example for myself is that, while my parents aren't that baller to buy expensive cars, I was able to go on a nice vacation
multiple times every summer. As a kid, I thought that was normal, and there would be no way I would even think of rejecting that offer.

It wasn't until later, I realized... Not everyone in this world can afford to go on nice vacations every year.
That being said, I can't say I feel bad for those people that had parents that made less than mine. I don't know are they mad and jealous at me. Maybe they are.
QFT.

If your parents worked like half their lifetime for an expensive present for you, then that is a different story.

People generally dont say "No thanks" to things that they've wanted. Especially if the gift is expensive, but its no big deal in terms of money for your family.

It all depends on one's situation.
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #6872
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:

I was that kid that didn't get family vacations.

However, what you just said, has been said many times on this forum yet people still instantly hate on nice/expensive/whatever cars with N or anything on them.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #6873
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,153 Posts
when I was young...I feared this

artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #6874
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
^I swear, the feathers were there just for extra grip.

I don't think I've ever seen my parents dust anything with those.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:58 AM   #6875
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:

exactly, and this is what i dont understand. there will ALWAYS be people better than you, so its just natural for people to feel jealous towards other people, no matter who you are. Yet, most people, especially on internet forums, are too scared/sour to admit it.

Jealousy is not really something to that you are too shy to admit. without jealousy you would not want to improve your life at all. instead of using forums as a medium to show other people (whom you will probably never meet/interact with in real life) that you are a hardworking person who has bought everything for himself, just admit you are jealous. the drive that you get is greater than anything else in terms of motivation

trust me, most (not all) people with BMW's have a stronger feeling of wanting to work harder so they can get a ferrari. same thing for people with ferrari toward bugattis/zondas etc,

as for the person saying paying for his own c300 and putting me in my place, good luck having the drive to progress further in life when you sound so satisfied on an internet forums for having a c300 (not that its not a nice car) and being so proud of doing so. Pride will weaken you and your will, where as jealousy will keep on reminding you that you still have a long way to go and push you to your limits

I'd much rather be a guy using the $1000 i have to make $10000 and admitting i have done so using someone else's money than some random person flaming someone on the internet just because they were able to make $1000 from the $0 that they've started with. its what banks do, so i dont see why people should be upsets about kids making money with funding from their parents. no matter how stupid those little racing asian kids are, they probably make more money than you by themselves after the first initial funding bit from their parents and thats what will matter in the end. the society only cares about the process after they've looked at your results.

Last edited by requieml; 10-12-2011 at 01:04 AM.
requieml is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: