REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #7876
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 191
Thanked 365 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Supercar.net material!
Advertisement
Gallardo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #7877
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,116
Thanked 1,201 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstce92 View Post
Lol cause for every segment those 3 compete in, if you want something sporty, you'd go BMW, if you want something comfortable and luxurious, you'd go Merc. Audi has always been in an awkward place for me, not nearly as good to drive as a BMW, not nearly as comfortable as a Merc. They are gorgeous though.
Posted via RS Mobile
I just got a 2012 A4...I know it is not fair to compare to E60 M5, but I notice the details on the interior of the A4 are really cheap. For example, the turn signal stalks, buttons, HVAC controls are made of cheap plastic. Overall the interior execution design is very nice, just the materials and components feel really cheap...My thoughts are that a S4 would have nicer seats, steering wheel, etc, but I doubt the details are any better in a S4
__________________
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
11 Dinan S3-R 4.6 Stroker
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #7878
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,116
Thanked 1,201 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstce92 View Post
Lol cause for every segment those 3 compete in, if you want something sporty, you'd go BMW, if you want something comfortable and luxurious, you'd go Merc. Audi has always been in an awkward place for me, not nearly as good to drive as a BMW, not nearly as comfortable as a Merc. They are gorgeous though.
Posted via RS Mobile
I just got a 2012 A4...I know it is not fair to compare to E60 M5, but I notice the details on the interior of the A4 are really cheap. For example, the turn signal stalks, buttons, HVAC controls are made of cheap plastic. Overall the interior execution design is very nice, just the materials and components feel really cheap...My thoughts are that a S4 would have nicer seats, steering wheel, etc, but I doubt the details are any better in a S4
__________________
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
11 Dinan S3-R 4.6 Stroker
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #7879
My homepage has been set to RS
 
xpl0sive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burnaby,BC
Posts: 2,053
Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongy View Post
Maybe I should have got a 335is or m3 instead....

Yeah I understand where you guys are coming from but the way I saw it was that: Mercedes is too far in the luxury/comfort side, it felt massive and heavy in a good way but could feel no power; BMW was the complete opposite it seemed like sport or go home. Audi felt like the middle ground, nice exterior and interior, comfortable to drive daily and power when I wanted it.
That's why you buy AMG. I've had 3 Audis before I started buying Mercedes and I've never looked back. I've never owned a BMW and I don't tthink I ever will. Bmw's interiors do nothing for me. I hate their dash designs, button designs and the vinyl finishes on their plastic that wears off after a few yrs. Regular Mercedes are exactly like you say, too much luxury, not enough power. AMG on the other hand is the best of both worlds. When I want to go fast, I have 500whp on tap, when I want to relax, I put it in comfort mode and cruise. Short of an R8 v10 or the RS6, Audi doesn't make anything than can compete.
Posted via RS Mobile
xpl0sive is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #7880
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,116
Thanked 1,201 Times in 479 Posts
^ AMGs are great...at a drag strip.....unfortunately the steering feel and handling have allot to be desired......I agree BMW 3 series interior are sub par, but so are C-class mercs and A4s.
__________________
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
11 Dinan S3-R 4.6 Stroker
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #7881
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,116
Thanked 1,201 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
That's why you buy AMG. I've had 3 Audis before I started buying Mercedes and I've never looked back. I've never owned a BMW and I don't tthink I ever will. Bmw's interiors do nothing for me. I hate their dash designs, button designs and the vinyl finishes on their plastic that wears off after a few yrs. Regular Mercedes are exactly like you say, too much luxury, not enough power. AMG on the other hand is the best of both worlds. When I want to go fast, I have 500whp on tap, when I want to relax, I put it in comfort mode and cruise. Short of an R8 v10 or the RS6, Audi doesn't make anything than can compete.
Posted via RS Mobile
500hp w no LSD = one wheel wonder.

an aftermarket LSD would transform the C63. Just like it has on the Cayman.
__________________
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
11 Dinan S3-R 4.6 Stroker
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #7882
My homepage has been set to RS
 
xpl0sive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burnaby,BC
Posts: 2,053
Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
Quaife LSD was one of the first things I installed. Btw I have a CLS55 not a C63. I agree, the C classes interior is damn terrible.

As far as the handling and steering feel goes... Which is the typical argument for any BMW driver, all I gotta ask is how many times have they taken their BMW on a racetrack or even on a spirited drive through the twisties in the back country. Most would say seldom or never. I'm talking about the best all around daily driver here. I have a choice of suspension settings in my car between comfort, sport 1 and sport 2. Comfort the ride is nice and soft, great for highway cruising. Sport 2 is almost too hard for daily driving and there's barely any body roll. For me, an AMG is the best all around daily driver when compared to similar cars from other manufacturers. I drove a 650i for a while when I was considering buying one, and it did not impress me. I also drove an M6, and to get any power out of it you gotta be above 5k rpm. That's terrible for a daily driver. My car has 600 ft lb of torque, so its effortless to accelerate from a light or merge on the highway.
Posted via RS Mobile
xpl0sive is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #7883
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,391
Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
My car is from 1995...as far as I'm concerned, the interior on my friends C300 is fucking amazing.
kwy is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #7884
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,116
Thanked 1,201 Times in 479 Posts
^ I agree with you that a CLS55 or CLS63 are great cars, just like M5/M6s are...but in a different kind of way.................I love my M5 becuase of how you generate the power, high rpms.....so I guess in the end, it is "different strokes for different folks".

I have a good buddy with a CLS 55 with the active body control and to be frank with you, at 70% or lower it works really well, however above that, it feels very artificial how the car is fighting off the body roll....
__________________
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
11 Dinan S3-R 4.6 Stroker
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #7885
My homepage has been set to RS
 
xpl0sive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burnaby,BC
Posts: 2,053
Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
Well considering the car weighs more than 4000lbs, its going to be impossible to eliminate body roll completely.
Posted via RS Mobile
xpl0sive is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #7886
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,946
Thanked 13,524 Times in 1,746 Posts
Yeah AMG cars in general feel like boats.
Had a 04 E55 AMG for a little while (stage 1 chipped), amazing power + interior and so on just a bit too heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
Do you have an high res file for this pic? I want to put it up as my wallpaper.
Sure, PM sent.
Not great quality though since it was hand held + high ISO.
__________________
PHOTOGRAPHY / FLICKR
1exotic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #7887
I STILL don't get it
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancity
Posts: 465
Thanked 526 Times in 136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
Quaife LSD was one of the first things I installed. Btw I have a CLS55 not a C63. I agree, the C classes interior is damn terrible.

As far as the handling and steering feel goes... Which is the typical argument for any BMW driver, all I gotta ask is how many times have they taken their BMW on a racetrack or even on a spirited drive through the twisties in the back country. Most would say seldom or never. I'm talking about the best all around daily driver here. I have a choice of suspension settings in my car between comfort, sport 1 and sport 2. Comfort the ride is nice and soft, great for highway cruising. Sport 2 is almost too hard for daily driving and there's barely any body roll. For me, an AMG is the best all around daily driver when compared to similar cars from other manufacturers. I drove a 650i for a while when I was considering buying one, and it did not impress me. I also drove an M6, and to get any power out of it you gotta be above 5k rpm. That's terrible for a daily driver. My car has 600 ft lb of torque, so its effortless to accelerate from a light or merge on the highway.
Posted via RS Mobile
I know a lot of BMW drivers that track and or go for spirited drives through the twisties in the back country. Not to mention, even in city driving you can appreciate the superior drive. IMHO, a sports car is about a car's ability to be driven in a sporting manner; which personally for me is more about the handling and steering feel than raw acceleration.
BMW, Audi, Merc, all have their merits; but it's just my opinion that if you're looking for a sports car, it's really a no brainer. manual M car or manual R8.
wstce92 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #7888
nuggets mod
 
freakshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: richmond
Posts: 6,621
Thanked 2,959 Times in 810 Posts
Parked next to this beauty when I went for dinner.. crappy iPhone quality..

__________________
Feedback | South African Products

I searched for truth, and all I found was You

'00 323i (Sold)
'01 Civic Si (Sold)
'95 240sx (Sold)
'02 LMB M5 (Sold)
'92 4Runner (Sold)
'92 Civic VX (Sold)
'03 SL500 (For Sale)
'92 NSX
'99 M3 (Totalled)
'07 Audi A4 (Sold)
'01 CB M5
freakshow is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #7889
:: Resident Tofu Salesman ::
 
tofu1413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,280
Thanked 7,088 Times in 1,997 Posts
^ both are nice... looks like a le mans blue E39 M5...
__________________
87' (E30) BMW "super" 325 coupe - Alpinweiss // Widebody - "Cohiba"

13' (F10) BMW M5 Sedan - Alpinweiss


Only Bought. Never built.



- Murica'
tofu1413 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #7890
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 703
Thanked 439 Times in 152 Posts
That feel when you'd never in your life daily drive a super car because of the outrageous maintenance costs...
Everymans is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #7891
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,116
Thanked 1,201 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
Parked next to this beauty when I went for dinner.. crappy iPhone quality..

what kind of rims on the Z8?....they look at least 20s.....
__________________
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
11 Dinan S3-R 4.6 Stroker
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #7892
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,116
Thanked 1,201 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstce92 View Post
I know a lot of BMW drivers that track and or go for spirited drives through the twisties in the back country. Not to mention, even in city driving you can appreciate the superior drive. IMHO, a sports car is about a car's ability to be driven in a sporting manner; which personally for me is more about the handling and steering feel than raw acceleration.
BMW, Audi, Merc, all have their merits; but it's just my opinion that if you're looking for a sports car, it's really a no brainer. manual M car or manual R8.
totally agree with all your comments.

As great as AMG, RS Audis, and M cars are as DD, for pure unfiltered orgasmic performance, nothing comes close to P cars......
__________________
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
11 Dinan S3-R 4.6 Stroker
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #7893
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,391
Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
what kind of rims on the Z8?....they look at least 20s.....
Might be Alpinas.

kwy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #7894
Editor
 
!e.lo_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,383
Thanked 2,906 Times in 810 Posts
I saw an old Aston, possibly DB5 down by waterfront/convention center.
This was Saturday where I was ... sorry no pic.
__________________
['00 Integra Type R][My Feedback]
!e.lo_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #7895
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond
Posts: 788
Thanked 5,744 Times in 570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
what kind of rims on the Z8?....they look at least 20s.....
Some sort of Wald rims...
__________________
My photo page on Facebook
My photo page on Flickr
Dylan K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #7896
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 784
Thanked 1,321 Times in 262 Posts
Not a bad lineup of cars
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 276.jpg (66.1 KB, 0 views)
Paradise240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #7897
Welcome to Planet Power ///M
 
CharlieH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,429
Thanked 2,962 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongy View Post
Maybe I should have got a 335is or m3 instead....

Yeah I understand where you guys are coming from but the way I saw it was that: Mercedes is too far in the luxury/comfort side, it felt massive and heavy in a good way but could feel no power; BMW was the complete opposite it seemed like sport or go home. Audi felt like the middle ground, nice exterior and interior, comfortable to drive daily and power when I wanted it.


i test drove an s4 at open road audi a while back. good power and the interior was really nice but i was disappointed with the clutch and steering. clutch was way too light, and had absolutely no feel, and the steering felt disconnected from the road. one thing i've noticed about bmws is how much better the steering is than the competition. even the 7 series and x5 inspire tons of confidence when you're driving it hard just because the steering feedback is so good. but in all honesty if i was to pick between a 335 and s4 again, i'd take the s4 instead. can't deny that the s4 is a beautiful car, not to mention that driving a 335 will make you feel like shit when you see an m3 LOL.
CharlieH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #7898
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ☑
Posts: 529
Thanked 279 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWong View Post
Audi always feels like a souped up VW to me, perhaps due to the interior and how the button clicks. Maybe Im just wierd...
Well they own by the same company
Firmware is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #7899
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lower Mainland
Posts: 337
Thanked 129 Times in 22 Posts
Saw a white Audi R8 in Kwantlen richmond campus covered parking lot.
I was late for class so no pics
K-bad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #7900
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,116
Thanked 1,201 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
Might be Alpinas.

looks nice with the alpinas
__________________
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
11 Dinan S3-R 4.6 Stroker
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net