REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 01-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #3076
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,730 Times in 374 Posts
Didn't know this thread was called Sickest Houses in vancouver
Advertisement
rJZx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #3077
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Are you sure that list includes every house? Or just ones that are up for sale?
Those are assessed values and pretty sure anyone who is a realtor can check assessment values. I don't believe most of those homes are for sale
Posted via RS Mobile
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #3078
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
i doubt that house is low to mid 30M, check this page out, http://greatestates.ca/stats_westvancouver.html

top houses in West vancouver in assessment value and market value, don't see that house u posted on the list and 1st place is 35M and last place is 15M
well when i was working up there a few neighboring houses which are dwarfed by that one were listed at 12, 15, 17, and the house we were building will probably be pushing between 17-20 by the time it's done

those properties listed just seem to be the primest of the prime, i'm sure there are plenty of properties in between and around that Bosa house in terms of value, but they are not as elite as that one for sure

the best of the best in west van is obviously the water front stuff

edit* actually i'd say the one i had pictured is most similar to:

[#11] 1685 Marlowe Place

on that list, so it's more likely to be valued in that range of the 20 mill

EDIT* EDIT*

Holy fucking shit @ #1 in BC.. potentially a 60 million dollar estate lololol fuck

Last edited by Hondaracer; 01-04-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #3079
Hyde's Understudy

I'd say one of vancouvers prime real-estate is Belmont ave.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #3080
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
I'm surprised this area you guys talk about aren't on greatestates or top 20 valued houses in bc
Posted via RS Mobile
It's literally a brand new development so that doesn't surprise me. Most of the lots are still empty. Also, keep in mind that while there are dozens of properties in Langley that are valued in the multi-millions, much of it is due to the amount of land the house is sitting on. My buddy's dad has a house that wouldn't look out of place in your typical Surrey suburb... But the ten acres that surrounds the house gives it an assessed value of nearly $7 million.
Posted via RS Mobile
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #3081
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
/Sick Homes in Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
wtf.. 30 million in langley?..
where is this house? and where is the 20 million one? are they part of the highpoint development?
this is a house across the street from the one we were building, id probably value it at low-mid 30 million, it's amongst the biggest lots in BP

when places like these are 18-35, i dunno wtf a langley house is going for 30 mill for, does he have like stables and 30 acres?
The $30 million dollar one is owned by the owner of a shipping company, and is a true estate property unlike the homes in British Properties. The problem with the homes in British properties is the complete lack of privacy, I remember working on the home with a hot tub off the front of the house so you can enjoy the view well sitting in it, but you can see the hot tub from the street. Who the wants everyone driving by to watch them in their hot tub, how are you supposed to fuck in it? The most valuable lots in British Properties are the ones at the very top that back onto green space that have a small amount of privacy, that corner lot is big but the home isn't worth anywhere near $30 million. Plus, every home in upper British Properties has that same view.

Quote:
i just find it funny if there is a 30M house in this area and its not listed in the top 50 assessed BC properties. 30M should place it first place, according to the 2010 assessment.
http://greatestates.ca/stats_bc.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Are you sure that list includes every house? Or just ones that are up for sale?
That list is far from comprehensive. Harrison Ford owns a mansion on a private gulf island only accessible by helicopter, but its not on the list; most wealthy people would rather have privacy than bragging rights to complete strangers on the internet.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #3082
Hyde's Understudy

I doubt the price per square feet in Langley is anywhere near Vancouver . A 7M place in point grey is small per se compared with a 7M dollar huge ass land in surrey Langley coquitlam etc
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #3083
Hyde's Understudy

Mindbomber : how do u know it's worth 30M? Is that the market value or the assessed value? It's not whether famous ppl like to brag to strangers on the net. It's for tax purpose that they have to have their place assessed. Its not hidden, if u want to say who and who have a more expensive place then u can check thus years assessments
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #3084
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
Mindbomber : how do u know it's worth 30M? Is that the market value or the assessed value? It's not whether famous ppl like to brag to strangers on the net. It's for tax purpose that they have to have their place assessed. Its not hidden, if u want to say who and who have a more expensive place then u can check thus years assessments
Posted via RS Mobile
The assessed worth is necessary for taxes, yes. Its not like you can go to city hall and ask for a list of the most expensive homes in the city hough, someone brought those places to the websites attention. Hence why the list is far from complete..

I know the value of the homes I work on, because I usually ask the contractor/home owners what they're worth and they don't have a problem telling me. If I were a sketchy day labourer they'd probably assume I was casing the place lol
Old 01-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #3085
Hyde's Understudy

I was thinking any realtor could get a listing of assessments because it's not supposed to be hidden.

Personally I'd rather live in west van than a huge 7 acre place in Langley or surrey granted they were of the same value
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #3086
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
I was thinking any realtor could get a listing of assessments because it's not supposed to be hidden.

Personally I'd rather live in west van than a huge 7 acre place in Langley or surrey granted they were of the same value
Posted via RS Mobile
Everyone's different. The quality of the homes is pretty much identical, it's just a matter of how important privacy is to you and if you own horses.

I'd never live in British Properties, the homes are way to close together and it feels like a contest to see who has the biggest mansion. I much rather have the identical home in High Point with acres of space to play with and enough land to own horses. If I were going to live in wealthy suburb with small lots it would be Point Grey, no question.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #3087
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
found this one from a little while ago.. oct i think
sorry for the bad pic
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #3088
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

What I have is faster than you have, money in your mouth and i'll see you at mission. Wager starts at 1k and an additional 1k for every automobile I have that is faster.
Thanks for playing.
Quote:
lol at the guy who drives this

I hope ur xb is faster than this 10 sec shit evo and looks cooler
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Brookswood is a great area, especially considering you can buy a property with acreage and lots of privacy, while still being surrounded with other million dollar homes. I've worked on Will Smith, Oprah, Steve Nash and Harrison Fords homes and some at the very top of the new development in British Properties. None of those homes compare to one of the homes in High Point, where each linear foot of every wall in the house cost $1000 a linear foot just to paint, I use the term paint very loosely.
can you give me a hint of what house you are refering to? i have been there several times since the last couple of years and my fave is still that black chateau style home with the huge boulders.

i didn't think high pointe was part of brookswood and never thought the homes were $30m. i figured less then $10M max
winks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #3090

here is more info on it. max size lot is 4.25 acres. also some maps on the website

http://16thave.ca/high-point.html/photos-10021587
winks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #3091
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
fuck take it to the chat or make a new thread.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #3092
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winks View Post
can you give me a hint of what house you are refering to? i have been there several times since the last couple of years and my fave is still that black chateau style home with the huge boulders.

i didn't think high pointe was part of brookswood and never thought the homes were $30m. i figured less then $10M max
That $30m home isn't in High Point, the black chateau style home is awesome, definitely one of my favorites.

Will Smith's is on the northwest side of the development and is very private with multiple garage bays.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #3093
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
What I have is faster than you have, money in your mouth and i'll see you at mission. Wager starts at 1k and an additional 1k for every automobile I have that is faster.
Thanks for playing.
HAHAHAH , okay 1k is big money for you i guess, you talk pretty big, what are these fast cars whom you speak of? is it a super duper fast Kar named XB?

How about putting up 10K for who shows up with the most expensive car? step your game up instead of being a pussy 1K. Game ,set, match, your welcome

Last edited by BlackZRoadster; 01-04-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #3094
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

More sick cars and less homes and arguing about who has a bigger dick.
PavelGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #3095
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livre View Post
More sick cars and less homes and arguing about who has a bigger dick.

couple of my spots
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #3096
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
^ sick porsche
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2011, 05:53 AM   #3097
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,563 Times in 171 Posts

Always see it at Easypark in gastown by Water St.
________
Emillia

Last edited by Fappin; 08-15-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Fappin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2011, 06:35 AM   #3098
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:

where is this house? and where is the 20 million one? are they part of the highpoint development?

this is a house across the street from the one we were building, id probably value it at low-mid 30 million, it's amongst the biggest lots in BP

view from the house we were building

when places like these are 18-35, i dunno wtf a langley house is going for 30 mill for, does he have like stables and 30 acres?
Wow.
Makes this house look really affordable.
http://www.soprovich.com/home1999.html
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #3099
I STILL don't get it

Quote:

view from the house we were building

My parent's live in that area... not even close to 30 million. You could buy that house 5 times over with change.
It'd also barely make the top 10 largest lots in the BP's, if it made it at all.
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #3100
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
IMO, having a "Sick Houses" thread wouldn't be a bad idea at all.