REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 10-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #10926
Tq
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Saw that today on knight i think some chick was driving it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjc11 View Post
Advertisement
Tq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #10927
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
wow that GN is very cheap. these usually go for around $15-20k in nice shape....

Pretty cool F650 I saw yesterday.... Nothing like a $100k+ truck lol

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #10928
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
jesus christ that is a semi truck
I wonder what its actually used for
Old 10-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #10929

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Probably taking the attention away from his tiny package.

In reality, most big trucks like this that I see never see a dirt road, let alone go near mud or rocks or hills. These guys just jack them up, get massive tires and awesome suspension and then tell their friends, "Look how nice my truck looks."
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #10930
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
This isn't anything like the rest of what's posted in this thread..but imo, GNXs and Grand Nationals are some of the coolest American cars ever made..found this one for 8k..someone's gonna score. Wish it was me, but not in the position to pick up another car right now. These are getting rare too.

I bet most younger people won't know what this is or appreciate it..but these things are incredibly badass.

RARE..84 Buick Grand National

depends on the history of the car
winks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #10931
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogenfruz View Post
Probably taking the attention away from his tiny package.

In reality, most big trucks like this that I see never see a dirt road, let alone go near mud or rocks or hills. These guys just jack them up, get massive tires and awesome suspension and then tell their friends, "Look how nice my truck looks."
Hey yogenfruz, I did a quick search on google. I don't think that truck was randomly jacked up with some big fat tires.

If you take a look on Ford F-650 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You will see that it's an actual Ford model, the "F-650"

Quote:

"The Ford F-650/F-750 Super Duty are medium-duty commercial trucks produced by Ford Motor Company. They were introduced by Ford in 2000, replacing the previous-generation F-600, F-700, and F-800 trucks introduced in 1980. They are made mainly for use as utilitarian trucks for towing, heavy hauling, use in construction and are intended to appeal to businesses and municipalities.[1] They are mainly Class 6/7 trucks, but the 2011 model year F-750 has extended its reach into Class 8 with a GVWR of 37,000 lbs due to frame and chassis upgrades."
Gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #10932
I STILL don't get it

Thanked 3,710 Times in 328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
This isn't anything like the rest of what's posted in this thread..but imo, GNXs and Grand Nationals are some of the coolest American cars ever made..found this one for 8k..someone's gonna score. Wish it was me, but not in the position to pick up another car right now. These are getting rare too.

I bet most younger people won't know what this is or appreciate it..but these things are incredibly badass.

RARE..84 Buick Grand National

I love these things, there's just something mean and beastly about them. The GMC Syclone and Typhoon also come into mind, turbo V6 power
DEADBEA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #10933
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo View Post
Hey yogenfruz, I did a quick search on google. I don't think that truck was randomly jacked up with some big fat tires.

Quote:

"The Ford F-650/F-750 Super Duty are medium-duty commercial trucks produced by Ford Motor Company. They were introduced by Ford in 2000, replacing the previous-generation F-600, F-700, and F-800 trucks introduced in 1980. They are made mainly for use as utilitarian trucks for towing, heavy hauling, use in construction and are intended to appeal to businesses and municipalities.[1] They are mainly Class 6/7 trucks, but the 2011 model year F-750 has extended its reach into Class 8 with a GVWR of 37,000 lbs due to frame and chassis upgrades."
City of vancouver uses them as work trucks. But a lot of people buy these things and pimp them out with all sorts of chrome and bigger ass tires then use them as grocery getters. See it all the time in alberta.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #10934
J.C

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
yeah a girl drives the orange m3
i see it pretty often along 49th
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #10935
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
The F650 is a 5-ton chassis and engine; the above is a variant of the standard commercial model with a shortened frame, pick-up box, polished tanks, and a better interior.

It's really, really, really stupid, because driving an F650 is not enjoyable. A 1 ton has loads of torque, a decent ride, and it's enjoyable to rip around town, because it's size doesn't impede it too much. A 5 ton also has loads of torque, but the gearing is completely different so it accelerates like an 82' Tercel, the ride sucks because of the heavy duty suspension, and it's so wide that you barely fit in traffic lanes and is to big to park anywhere so driving is more of a chore than a pleasurable experience. The F650 also doesn't have airbrakes, so there's no cool 'pssstttt.'

The only advantage that this truck has over an Escalade or 1 ton pick-up, it's huge (which is also the biggest disadvantage) and it's carrying capacity (but, most people could never even max out a 1 tons capacity).
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #10936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo View Post

Quote:

Thank you, I am aware of their existance on the F series. I forgot to mention that these same kinds of people will buy an F-450 or larger, and use it to do what? Get groceries, take attention away from their insecurities and try to look cool/rich. Half the people with large trucks like this, that aren't businesses, use them for nothing that they're meant for.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #10937
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc95 View Post
yeah a girl drives the orange m3
i see it pretty often along 49th
da car as nice as the girl?
pics?
Stiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #10938

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
f-650 huh......

must be getting all the girls in the 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #10939
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADBEA7 View Post
I love these things, there's just something mean and beastly about them. The GMC Syclone and Typhoon also come into mind, turbo V6 power
This one looks super clean.

cool and rare 1991 GMC syclone

Cool piece of history. Not a bad investment at 8k.

Something's not quite right with this SVT Lightning, but these are pretty cool as well.

1998 ford f150 svt
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:09 AM   #10940

Thanked 1,360 Times in 315 Posts
G55 + Granturismo

Last edited by broken_arrow; 01-18-2013 at 06:20 PM.
broken_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #10941
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
holy fuck resize those ^
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #10942

Thanked 1,360 Times in 315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
holy fuck resize those ^
No idea how to do it my friend. I'm a computer illiterate...
broken_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #10943
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogenfruz View Post
I forgot to mention that these same kinds of people will buy an F-450 or larger, and use it to do what? Get groceries, take attention away from their insecurities and try to look cool/rich.

It must suck to derive self esteem by cutting down others.
Do yourself a favor. Log off, and do something with your life before your hatred ensures that you'll never move out of your mom's basement.

On route to Rocket Rally for the big turbo upgrade.

Coming back from buying a classic VW in Kamloops

Sometimes size doesn't matter.

so small...

I don't have any pics of the 20,000# worth of tractors we use the truck to haul, because frankly, those are boring. I really don't like to tow trailers. It's uncomfortable when you're blasting down the Coq with a couple thousand pounds hanging off the back. Towing with a truck that's made to tow makes it a lot easier to deal with our harsh weather conditions, and alpine level highways.
As for grocery shopping, have you ever driven a truck, let alone one this big? It's a bitch to park, not to mention the cost of diesel.

hope I was able to change your mind on things.

Last edited by originalhypa; 10-05-2012 at 09:27 AM.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #10944

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
I don't have any pics of the 20,000# worth of tractors we use the truck to haul, because frankly, those are boring. I really don't like to tow trailers. It's uncomfortable when you're blasting down the Coq with a couple thousand pounds hanging off the back. Towing with a truck that's made to tow makes it a lot easier to deal with our harsh weather conditions, and alpine level highways.
As for grocery shopping, have you ever driven a truck, let alone one this big? It's a bitch to park, not to mention the cost of diesel.

Glad to know someone out there uses their truck as a truck. However, back in Kamloops, more than half of the people who I've met who own large trucks, whether they are jacked up with large tires, or in the lines of the F-450 or higher, use it for the sake of being able to say "Look at my nice truck." It's just a lot of wasted money in my eyes if you're not going to put it to use, they might as well just save the money on gas/diesel and get a car or SUV.

I drive a stock long box, extended cab F-150. Not the largest truck, just a little long. I've never had an issue driving/parking it, I'm sure if I was in a wider truck I'd have issues as parking spots aren't exactly wide these days.

Back on topic:
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #10945
kwy

I don't think it's fair to give guys shit for driving huge trucks. No, they might not all use them to their full capacity..but neither do most people with fast cars.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #10946
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts

personally im not down with the whole matte movement. got played out so quick.
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #10947
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Meh why hide the beautiful Aston Martin paint? Matte black cheapens that car so much.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #10948
kwy

ughh..
Old 10-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #10949
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post

I was scrolling though, looking at the pictures of you towing little trailers a 1 ton could easily manage, wondering why you had a F650, then finally you mention you actually do tow commercial weight trailers

I'm surprised you use a bumper pull not a fifth wheel or gooseneck trailer if you tow frequently.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #10950
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

that matte black aston doesn't even look like it's vinyl wrapped. I see it a few times a month and the texture looks like rubber rather than the normal smooth texture from vinyl wrap and factory paint.

in fact, it looks like it got plasti dipped or maybe the owner cheaped out on vinyl which is already considerably cheap.
mikey2781 is offline   Reply With Quote