REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 04-14-2015, 12:13 PM   #19526
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Lol I don't really get bored of seeing something that I like, you guys are just too judgmental , most places won't see this many exotics/supercars.
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2015, 12:19 PM   #19527
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Its like saying
"Man, I sure am sick of all these big tits on Brazzers."
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:47 PM   #19528
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
The reason so many porsches get posted is because
A) They are fucking awesome
B) They are far more common than any exotics

The thing that makes porsche so awesome is they are the somewhat attainable, and somewhat practical supercar. There are 100 nice porsches to every ferrari on the roads. It doesn't make them any less awesome.
Agreed on the practical part. My sister rented me a Ferrari F430 in Vegas for my bday last year and although it was fun and fast and has mega cool factor I wouldn't wanna drive it again let alone own one. At the same time I was also looking around for a used Cayman S and i not only would own one I'd daily it. The f430 sure is a lot faster but honestly scared the shit outta me going into corners lol. I do realize its apples and oranges here but the cayman just seemed to be more well rounded. I'm willing to bet other Porsches will have very similar driving experience
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #19529
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

LeftCoastNSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:41 PM   #19530
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhari View Post
I think it just gets a bit redundant. For example, if there is two straight pages of Lamborghini Aventadors, people would get bored/annoyed even though they are crazy cool cars!
Hmm, I see mine everyday as I walk out the door - still hasn't become redundant, yet.

Let me check again.

... Nope. Seeing it still makes me giddy like a schoolgirl.

Last edited by SkunkWorks; 04-14-2015 at 03:14 PM.
SkunkWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2015, 02:00 PM   #19531
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
My sister rented me a Ferrari F430 in Vegas for my bday last year and although it was fun and fast and has mega cool factor I wouldn't wanna drive it again let alone own one.
I've been raised around some serious automobiles, and have driven my share of unimaginably sick rides in my time. So needless to say it takes something crazy to get my heart beating these days. A lightly modded Aventador is good, a wrapped FF with wheels and aero is better. Hell, maybe even a Bentley GTC with an exhaust could get me to smile. But stock exotics have become a little pedestrian in Vancouver. How many Bugattis come here during the summer? Now those are the ultimate custom, but I digress...

I still enjoy seeing an exotic. The sights and especially the sounds that these cars create will hopefully always make me smile. But I don't really want to drive or own an exotic. I have access to some fine cars, a mere phone call away. But the cost of owning them, both financial, and one of privacy is too high. The last time I was driving a convertible F-car (yo Marco911!), I felt like I was on show. Give me a G55 if you want to be fancy, but please tint the windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
Hmm, I see mine everyday as I walk out the door - still hasn't become redundant, yet.

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:39 PM   #19532
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Quote:
Its like saying
Nothing wrong with DFC
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:40 PM   #19533
Need to Seek Professional Help

** just to clarify, I was talking about seeing these cars on this forum, not seeing/driving one everyday.
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:04 PM   #19534
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,315 Times in 370 Posts
Quote:
Its like saying
you always come up with the best analogies lol

never disappoints
jmanhas is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2015, 08:41 PM   #19535
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
The reason so many porsches get posted is because
A) They are fucking awesome
B) They are far more common than any exotics

The thing that makes porsche so awesome is they are the somewhat attainable, and somewhat practical supercar. There are 100 nice porsches to every ferrari on the roads. It doesn't make them any less awesome.
Replace all the Porsches with Corvettes and tell me if you would feel the same. If you're a fan of them then great, but for those of us who don't like Porsche having 1/3 of the thread filled with Beetles gets old.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2015, 08:52 PM   #19536
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
I didn't think this thread would turn into the "Fucked up shit what makes you laugh NWS" thread.
Everyone has their own definition of a sick car as with things that make them laugh. If someone
thinks those prank videos are funny and you dont, then scroll past them cause I'm sure there is
someone that appreciates them. Same applies to cars posted in this thread. Too many Porsches?
Scroll pass them. Contribute your own photos of other cars you have spotted. Can't believe people
are even debating this non-issue.

EDIT: disregard what I said above. we should just have one of these then since "Sick" seems to change week-to-week.

- Voting occurs once a week
- Only cars in the Cool and Sub Zero categories may be posted
- Cars from the Seriously Un Cool and Un Cool columns will be treated as trolling and points will be given out
- ????
- Profit

Spoiler!

Last edited by TOS'd; 04-14-2015 at 09:00 PM. Reason: cuz math
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2015, 09:46 PM   #19537
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Whoa didn’t mean to start anything! But yeah its true we all have our own tastes, old Porsches are not mine (I don’t like old cars in general). I will admit some are pretty sick though. I always rubberneck when a GT3 drives past, haven’t seen a 918 yet :/

As for contributing sick cars to the thread, I’ve been sitting in my house for the past 4 days studying for finals while all the sick cars are out in the sun.
Medina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:04 AM   #19538
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

I see a lot of talking, but I don't see a lot of sick cars.
LeftCoastNSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:28 AM   #19539

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
I know most people luv Ferraris and Lambos, I do too, but I do not want to own one or becuase I feel like a tool everytime I drive one. People are either drooling over your car or look at you with disgust. Very polarizing. Best time to drive a exotic car is before 9am because you can enjoy the car without too much attention. Let's face it, if you buy a crazy exotic, you are seeking attention regardless if you admit it or not. To me, Porsche is the best balance of attractive looks, great performance, and understated class.
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2015, 09:18 AM   #19540
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
I know most people luv Ferraris and Lambos, I do too, but I do not want to own one or becuase I feel like a tool everytime I drive one. People are either drooling over your car or look at you with disgust. Very polarizing. Best time to drive a exotic car is before 9am because you can enjoy the car without too much attention. Let's face it, if you buy a crazy exotic, you are seeking attention regardless if you admit it or not. To me, Porsche is the best balance of attractive looks, great performance, and understated class.
You can say that about cars that look better than Porsches but with lower performance. For example, an Aston Martin Vantage or Vanquish. -looks better than a Porsche. Classy. Porsche beats the Aston in terms of performance.
-still a sick car.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2015, 09:27 AM   #19541
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
I do not want to own one or becuase I feel like a tool everytime I drive one. People are either drooling over your car or look at you with disgust. Very polarizing. Best time to drive a exotic car is before 9am because you can enjoy the car without too much attention. Let's face it, if you buy a crazy exotic, you are seeking attention regardless if you admit it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
I don't really want to drive or own an exotic. I have access to some fine cars, a mere phone call away. But the cost of owning them, both financial, and one of privacy is too high. The last time I was driving a convertible F-car (yo Marco911!), I felt like I was on show.
We are either brothers from a different mother, or just getting old.

14 years ago I never would have believed that the demographic of RS would change so much as to have multiple members admit to not desiring an exotic. Especially considering the cars that you and I have owned. No one could say that we weren't "car guys". Maybe it is a sign of maturity to want to enjoy something for what it is, and not the attention it gets. Or maybe its a sign of the times in this city?
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2015, 09:30 AM   #19542

^ I think Aston's is as exotic looking as I am willing to go....always looks classy without looking douchey. Aston tech and performance are light years behind the competition, but you know what? I just don't care because I just feel really special everytime I drive the aston. You really do feel like James Bond! lol! The Aston & speeding laws have really changed my perspective from what I really want from a car toy. Porsches to me or awsesome awesome cars, just not very special (except GT & air cooled) and are great daily drivers
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2015, 09:35 AM   #19543

Quote:

14 years ago I never would have believed that the demographic of RS would change so much as to have multiple members admit to not desiring an exotic. Especially considering the cars that you and I have owned. No one could say that we weren't "car guys". Maybe it is a sign of maturity to want to enjoy something for what it is, and not the attention it gets. Or maybe its a sign of the times in this city?
haha! I think we are getting old. 10yrs ago, I would have sold a testicle to own a lambo or ferrari. Now I am willing to sell a testicle for a mint 87-98 911.
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2015, 09:39 AM   #19544

Quote:

I think you are right about the sign of the times in the city. I am asian and one key reason I don't want a Ferrari or Lambo is because I don't want to be grouped in with those 80lbs 20yr guys driving those cars. Let's face it, when a caucasian person sees a young asian person driving an exotic car, they assume you are from China, chances are they are right to stereotype! haha
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #19545

Quote:
I think you are right about the sign of the times in the city. I am asian and one key reason I don't want a Ferrari or Lambo is because I don't want to be grouped in with those 80lbs 20yr guys driving those cars. Let's face it, when a caucasian person sees a young asian person driving an exotic car, they assume you are from China, chances are they are right to stereotype! haha
They're just jealous.

I've seen a Caucasian guy drive his Gallardo spyder northbound on Knight Street. People assume it's a Chinese guy just because he's driving northbound from Richmond. I wasn't surprised that it was a white guy.

Haters are gonna hate, and be envious of the car that you drive because they know they can't afford the car. It doesn't always come to down to what ethnic group that the driver belongs to. People need to stop stereotyping.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2015, 10:08 AM   #19546
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
They're just jealous.

I've seen a Caucasian guy drive his Gallardo spyder northbound on Knight Street. People assume it's a Chinese guy just because he's driving northbound from Richmond. I wasn't surprised that it was a white guy.

Haters are gonna hate, and be envious of the car that you drive because they know they can't afford the car. It doesn't always come to down to what ethnic group that the driver belongs to. People need to stop stereotyping.
dosen't matter. it's like the first time i drove down to washington an i kept seeing hondas not being driven by asians and i was like
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:10 AM   #19547

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Shut the fuck up.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:12 AM   #19548

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Shut the fuck up.
Did I rustle your jimmies, bro?
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2015, 10:32 AM   #19549

-spotted this Ducati at work recently:

Last edited by pastarocket; 11-16-2015 at 09:40 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2015, 10:42 AM   #19550
Need to Seek Professional Help

sick porsche in the background
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: