REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:44 AM   #1
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Reasonable cleanliness vs hypochondria

After having a discussion with a fellow mod about our mutual need for cleanliness I realized that some of the things that we were discussing may border on OCD or hypochondriac behavior. I'll spare you the details but they involved a mutual disdain for used or library books and why picking up a dusty tin of coffee can ruin the shopping experience.

At what point do you cross the line between being reasonable and ravenous? How sterile is TOO sterile?

El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Some stuff that concerns me:

-restroom door handles
-store door handles
-shopping carts
-gas pumps
-birthday cakes (with candles)
-waiting room magazines/toys
-toys at kids' play centres

I operate and maintain heavy equipment and don't have any problems working in a dusty/muddy environment or getting a bit greasy. It's not uncommon for me to be in searing heat, unbearable cold or soaking wet and yet I rarely get sick. My friends in offices, schools and restaurants get sick all the time. I guess my biggest issue is germs that come from other people - recycled air = so gross to me.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
How I Mod your mother

Shopping carts are big for me. My mom was watching the news once and they did a test for thethe dirtiest places and sure enough, shopping carts were somewhere near the top.

They even found fecal matter on shopping cart handles, (among other things, snot, saliva etc) how gross is that?

This is why its good to have some purell with you at all times
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
^ or pull the cart from the front corner lol i dont even use the handles anymore
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
I'm concerned with the things on fliptuner's list too. I also make a point of washing my hands (even if it's just water and no soap) after handling library books. Bugs me when my wife reads library books in bed. Ahh as long as she keeps them on her side of the bed! I also don't allow clothes that I've worn to go out on my bed (so only sleeping clothes, or underwear/naked).

I just don't like touching stuff that everybody else touches.

But after having a son, who's a bit over 1 yr old now, I've realized that it's impossible to keep him clean all the time. He touches everything, then goes to grab a cheerio and pop it in his mouth, etc. My feeling is that if he's kept in too sterile of an environment, he might get sick all the time once he interacts with the public regularly.

I guess I subscribe to the phrase "whatever doesn't kill you, just makes you stronger"...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
i have someone that won't buy a laptop unless it's brand new in a box from japan shipping to van.
i also knw someone that will NOT wear any clothes from the bathroom then RUNS into their bedroom cause their bedroom clothes does not belong anywhere except being in bed.

wiping clean passports and credit cards and wallets is border line OCD. if you purell everything... it's also a little OCD.
man, when did we ever have an issue when we were kids. i came from a poor family, ghezz, i have a 30 sec rule to everything.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #7
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
pfft you guys are fuckin nuts

personally i think im healthy enough and have a strong enough immune system that i can expose my self to things and it will only help not hinder due to the fact that im being exposed to them rather then worrying about it

to be truthful i probably wouldn't even be friends with anyone obsessive as you guys because it would piss me off too much lol
Old 05-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #8
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
all you people are going to die early
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #9
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,053 Times in 231 Posts
I disinfect all my electronic devices like once every 1-2 months. But never go all out on the purell cause that what leads to bacterial immunity right. How do you think all these new viruses and flu's get immune to our antibiotics. Just dont touch your face after you've touched the carts or handles and wash your hands asap with normal soap and water. I used to be SUPER OCD with germs for like over a year and throughout that year I never got sick. In turn my hands got all dry and nasty. Its just common sense and dont over do it.
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:57 PM   #10
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
to be truthful i probably wouldn't even be friends with anyone obsessive as you guys because it would piss me off too much lol

YOU'RE UNCLEAN! STAY AWAY!
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #11
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
so after i do my business in the public bathroom..1st i'd go for the paper towel. Turn on facet with towel..get soap with towel..wash hands..close facet with towel..get more towel to dry hands..then use all that to open the door...then chuck those towel out. I honestly cringe when the bathroom doesnt have paper towel and there's two doors to open to get to the exit.

I kick/push bathroom stall open...lock them with TP. i NEVER flush at the urinal (unless sensor). Double layer the toilet seat with TP. I use my foot to flush at the toilets. So if you see a little pool in your urinal..there's a chance it's left by me. I dont want to touch the same lever that some guy w/ his genital warts just came in contact with.

Other than bathroom, I'm concerned about bus handles, doctor's office/hospitals and gas pumps. Yet i throw my bag down on the filthy bus floor to make room for other smelly riders.

and condiments (sp) ...especially when the relish is sitting out in the open with the spoon handle sinked into it (a la Costco).

oh yeah, i dont like wearing street clothing on my bed.

AHH IM Germaphobic OCD!

Last edited by twitchyzero; 05-06-2009 at 12:19 AM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:10 AM   #12
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
so after i do my business in the public bathroom..1st i'd go for the paper towel. Turn on facet with towel..get soap with towel..wash hands..close facet with towel..get more towel to dry hands..then use all that to open the door...then chuck those towel out. I honestly cringe when the bathroom doesnt have paper towel and there's two doors to open to get to the exit.

I kick/push bathroom stall open...lock them with TP. i NEVER flush at the urinal (unless sensor). Double layer the toilet seat with TP. I use my foot to flush at the toilets. So if you see a little pool in your urinal..there's a chance it's left by me. I dont want to touch the same lever that some guy w/ his genital warts just came in contact with.
wow, so true abt the washroom part. thats y i rarely rerely RARELY take shits in public washroom, even if i'm having a bad stomach ache, i'll try and hold it in until i can't hold it anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #13
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,214 Posts
I try not to touch stuff in public washrooms, but other than that I don't really care, I just wash my hands before I eat and that is that.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #14

im gonna find a dirty syringe, wrap it with used bandaids and chase you guys with it
Old 05-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

Cash. I handle a lot of cash, and I try to wash my hands after every time I handle some. It's filthy.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:04 AM   #16
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
i'm still pretty germ obsessive. but not really. If i really have to i'll get down and dirty. but i prefer not to.

lol... public toilet seats scare me the most.

but yeah, I have the mental mindset of: I don't really get sick so, it's okay, it'll only make me stronger.

haha

if anything I'm more afraid of bugs that bite than dirt, motor oil, and public washrooms.

oh and i think kids are all fucked up these days cuz they're not allowed to get down and dirty in the sandpits anymore lol.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #17

Eating a chicken salad sandwhich at work here, few peices fell out onto my dirty jeans/dusty ground and guess what... I picked em up and ate them!!! 0h n03s!!! Lol
Old 05-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #18
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
^ you remind of some guy in high school.

his chip fell into the dirt ground..and when no one was looking he quickly picked it up and ate it.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #19
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
^ you remind of some guy in high school.

his chip fell into the dirt ground..and when no one was looking he quickly picked it up and ate it.
Hey man, don't waste your food, 5 second rule. I really don't give a fuck about stuff being clean unless i can actually see some residue/buildup of some crap on it. It's not like I'm going to eat anything afterward. And if I do, I wash my hands....usually, before I eat.
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:51 AM   #20
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Honestly.. How many guys actually wash their hands after pissing in a urinal?

I dont. I figure I wash my cock with soap and water every day. I also change my boxers everyday. My dick is cleaner than the faucet I would have to touch to wash my hands.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:00 AM   #21
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

as penner2k stated....

i wash before i grab....my balls are cleaner than my hands.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by penner2k View Post
Honestly.. How many guys actually wash their hands after pissing in a urinal?

I dont. I figure I wash my cock with soap and water every day. I also change my boxers everyday. My dick is cleaner than the faucet I would have to touch to wash my hands.
good point