REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   [Confidential] Somethings turning me off (https://www.revscene.net/forums/574765-%5Bconfidential%5D-somethings-turning-me-off.html)

El Bastardo 05-05-2009 05:18 PM

[Confidential] Somethings turning me off

The following is an Anonymous submission from a Revscene member. If the OP would like to respond to anything said in this thread, please PM me.

I met this girl, she's really upbeat and fun to be with, pretty cute face also. Got to know her pretty well and we both show mutual feelings. But the thing is, I'm really turned off by her height. I'm 5'11 and shes around 4'9ish, she's really tiny. I'm usually more into taller girls around 5'5-5'9. She's got a pretty face but I don't know why I just feel repulsed by her height.

So what now? Something's just stopping me from starting a relationship with this girl but it's been 4 years since I've met a girl I got along with so well with. I feel like a jerk since I can't ask her to grow taller but what can I do? I'm more of a long legs kind of guy.

Would any of you guys be a bit repulsed by a girl that short or would you go for her anyways? Anyone dated one? Feel weird?

BoneThug 05-05-2009 05:31 PM

try it. if it dont work, then leave

Jmac 05-05-2009 07:05 PM

I'm 5'9" and my GF is 4'10" and I don't really have any issues with it.

However, if you're not attracted to her, it's probably not going to work. Better to save the hurt feelings down the road and just be friends.

Culture_Vulture 05-05-2009 07:06 PM

I'm not gonna lie, 4'9" is really fucking short.

But since it's biological and neither of you can really do much about it, why not give it a shot anyways?

edit: sexual appearance isn't everything in a relationship; some people can get past that, others can't (i.e. myself).

-Physixx

miss_crayon 05-05-2009 07:08 PM

i say you got nothing to lose and to just give it a try. if you still find yourself being turned off by this fact then at least you know you gave this relationship a chance and won't think about this years down the road. something like height is something i think a person can get over if the feelings are really there. you may love the long legs now, but maybe once you start to know her more you'll fall in love with her petiteness and small frame.

my b-law is 6'0 and my sister is 4'11.

i got to ask though, could the shortness turn you off cause it makes you think she looks a like a kid or something?

BoneThug 05-05-2009 07:32 PM

in other words, does she have tits? and can you post them.

asian_XL 05-05-2009 08:16 PM

if you need to ask here, then that means you care about her height, and it's tickling you.

forget about it, just be friend with her.

Fafine 05-05-2009 09:20 PM

im 6'1 and i dated a girl that was 4'11-5'0

didnt work in the end. something was bothering me LOL

hotjoint 05-06-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asian_XL (Post 6411426)
if you need to ask here, then that means you care about her height, and it's tickling you.

forget about it, just be friend with her.

:werd: or friend with benefits :thumbsup:

6793026 05-06-2009 08:38 AM

to tell you the truth, i met a girl like that too, i'm 5'5 and she's shy of 5.
very nice girl, very pretty but man, she is just so tiny and so petit that she doesn't have a nice rack or a butt or many she has them but she's just too tiny.

i'm a chubby chaser and i date tall girls no problem. She will just remain as a good friend.
i don't want to just waste someone's time cause i want to see if i can find an attraction later.

Adsdeman 05-06-2009 08:50 AM

her names not zoe is it? lol

Grandmaster TSE 05-06-2009 09:58 AM

no harm in trying it out if you really like her

tiger_handheld 05-06-2009 10:02 AM

^ LOLS ... Zoe .... does this mean his name is JOE ?? :S

taylor192 05-06-2009 10:27 AM

I'll date her if you won't. I'm 6'2" and love small girls, easier to toss around!

Ducdesmo 05-06-2009 11:04 AM

Just tell her to wear some high heels when u guys are together

hotjoint 05-06-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor192 (Post 6412058)
I'll date her if you won't. I'm 6'2" and love small girls, easier to toss around!

:thumbsup:

Soundy 05-06-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor192 (Post 6412058)

That was my first thought - think of the benefits! Just think, she can bounce on you all day without crushing anything!

Where's Lomac in this discussion anyway??

Noir 05-06-2009 12:39 PM

What's the big deal? It's just a preference IMO. Everyone has that. Even 4 foot gnomes will have preferences of their own.

you 05-06-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 6412129)
That was my first thought - think of the benefits! Just think, she can bounce on you all day without crushing anything!

Where's Lomac in this discussion anyway??

ohhh yeh:thumbsup:

eclipseman 05-06-2009 05:41 PM

one word. spinner ;)

El Bastardo 05-06-2009 07:27 PM

The following is a reply from the Anonymous member

I'm getting more and more attached to her. She's got a really cool personality and it's really attractive. I know this other guy is going after her too but she doesn't show interest towards him. For those who are wondering about body attractiveness, she's got B cup, not super skinny average body. When I look at her it's usually more towards the face, she's got a pretty face. She's attractive to me but I don't know just I feel that the height thing might look a bit weird and like I said before I like long legs right? Well it's kinda hard for her to get some long legs. She really hates wearing heels because she says it really hurts.

It's a dilemma for me, I don't know if it's a good idea to "try it out". Maybe to some of you height doesn't mean much but to me it's a deal breaker. Recently she's been hint asking if we are going to progress, I kinda just brushed it off and she didn't ask again. I think she's starting to think I'm wasting her time already cause it's been awhile now...I want to but I don't want to. If I just remain friends with her she won't devote time to me because she's crazy busy and she kinda became someone I look forward to meeting and talking with everyday after work.

Soundy 05-06-2009 07:43 PM

Okay, serious answer: have you considered just being straight with her about your feelings?

It'll mean really putting yourself out there, and possibly making yourself look like an asshole... but at the same time, it's more fair to her to know WHY you're being so tentative with her, than to leave her wondering. And if it's not going to work, it's probably better for her to hear it from you, rather than through the grapevine later on.

What I'd suggest, is to give it a shot, but be upfront with her that her height makes it a little weird for you. Be sure to emphasize what you DO like about her - which is pretty much everything else, from the sound of it - and tell her that you really want to get past the height issue, but it's not easy.

After that, you can leave it to her to decide whether she wants to continue to pursue something with you - whether she wants to just write you off as a shallow asshole, or help you get past your own prejudices.

Grandmaster TSE 05-07-2009 12:20 AM

get her some stilts

03aspec 05-07-2009 12:41 AM

or just use her as an armrest in public?

yuusha 05-07-2009 12:48 AM

If her body is in proportion to her height then I say there's nothing wrong. Just go for it. There are better obstacles in relationships to worry about than one's height.