REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Getting gift/flower for a guys convocation (https://www.revscene.net/forums/575475-getting-gift-flower-guys-convocation.html)

tecra2 05-12-2009 09:04 AM

Getting gift/flower for a guys convocation

not sure if this is the right place to post this. Please move to appropriate place mods thanks.

My bf grad convocation is in June. What do you guys suggest as a grad gift and what type of flowers (color etc.) Or... do we even give flowers for guys?

Thanks all !

urrh 05-12-2009 12:00 PM

i don't see anything wrong with it... just that it doesn't normally happen
but i think he'll be happier with a BJ coupon. ;)

6793026 05-12-2009 12:40 PM

nah, too much pressure in getting himsomethign too crazy

promise to take him on a get away.
whistler/ victoria... etc.. hotel.
enough said.

you 05-12-2009 01:30 PM

just show up in a bath robe and be done with it

miss_crayon 05-12-2009 02:59 PM

i think flowers for guys are unnecessary (unless he likes them..)
as for a grad gift, i know this might sound lame but a frame for his graduation diploma. you'd be surprised how expensive those frames can be!

plus a night of sex is always nice no matter the celebration.

liu13 05-12-2009 03:23 PM

i rather get a pack of cheap cigarettes than flowers

asian_XL 05-12-2009 07:53 PM

any car part...

how about a muffler?

tiger_handheld 05-12-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6420779)
as for a grad gift, i know this might sound lame but a frame for his graduation diploma. you'd be surprised how expensive those frames can be!

plus a night of sex is always nice no matter the celebration.

HELL YES!! Frames are like $60 .. WTF???

ScizzMoney 05-12-2009 09:50 PM

A watch is usually a safe bet, Cufflinks maybe, a good money clip with something engraved, etc. Shit like that. Unless it's a Master's or PHD most guys don't give a shit, I wouldn't frame it. Anyone can get a Bachelor's degree. Flowers are a bit weird though.

achiam 05-13-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScizzMoney (Post 6421304)
A watch is usually a safe bet, Cufflinks maybe, a good money clip with something engraved, etc. Shit like that. Unless it's a Master's or PHD most guys don't give a shit, I wouldn't frame it. Anyone can get a Bachelor's degree. Flowers are a bit weird though.

Exactly. Most of my friends were bent on other professional degrees and didn't even bother going to their Bachelor graduation ceremony.

6793026 05-13-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6420779)

to tell you the truth, that was the ONLY thing i HAD to buy before i left SFU.
i told myself, "SFU, u have ripped me off in these 4 yrs, i will let u rip me off the LAST TIME". i bought the most expensive picture frame. Cause if u don't, i'll be just a piece of paper that u'll never be able to put up.
Flower for a guy is not necessay but it's nice with pictures. (oh, get it from safeway, not on SFU)

Quote:

great ideas, but its more like a bday, celebration gift. Plus, 90% of the time girls get gay ass shit the guy has to pretend to like.

sweetiee 05-13-2009 09:08 AM

Flowers look awesome in pictures!! picture frame =)

nipples 05-13-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 6421218)
HELL YES!! Frames are like $60 .. WTF???

where are you looking? the ones they were selling for mine were from 120-300!!

Fortunately I was at the costco in the states and found a couple for like 20bucks for solid mahogany, and bought the medallion off the company's website to save myself like 90bucks

tecra2 05-13-2009 05:38 PM

Thanks for the great ideas ! for the flowers what type and color should I look into? Although I know my guy quite well..... when i comes to flowers and guys.. I am a newbie..

any advice would help! thanks

Gumby 05-14-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecra2 (Post 6422276)
Thanks for the great ideas ! for the flowers what type and color should I look into? Although I know my guy quite well..... when i comes to flowers and guys.. I am a newbie..

any advice would help! thanks

Haven't you noticed that all the responses in this thread have said that flowers for a guy is kinda weird?

Since you know your guy quite well, does he even like flowers? I know I wouldn't want flowers!

Teriyaki 05-26-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 6423139)
Haven't you noticed that all the responses in this thread have said that flowers for a guy is kinda weird?

Since you know your guy quite well, does he even like flowers? I know I wouldn't want flowers!

+1. No to flowers please, unless you know for a fact that he LIKES them. You wouldn't want him to be the only one guy with flowers at grad would you?

diesel_test 05-27-2009 11:40 AM

give him some McLov'in. :D

Good_KarMa 05-27-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 6423139)

I love flowers!

It's always nice when a girl opens the door for you, pays for dinner, or buys you flowers!

Ulic Qel-Droma 05-28-2009 05:58 AM

it doesn't really matter what item my gf gives me on my convocation. i'd be happy with anything she gave me, as long as it wasn't a mcdonalds coupon or something.

is that hint enough?

by the way when guys say weird to give flowers to a guy, the term weird is not the same term that women use.

when women use it they mean weirdo

when guys use it they mean unusual, but not necessarily bad, like out of the ordinary.

trust me, it doesnt matter what you give your bf.

Gumby 05-28-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 6440854)
by the way when guys say weird to give flowers to a guy, the term weird is not the same term that women use.

when women use it they mean weirdo

when guys use it they mean unusual, but not necessarily bad, like out of the ordinary.

trust me, it doesnt matter what you give your bf.

Holy shit, I just realized that you're right (once again). I did mean weird, in the sense that it's unusual or out of the ordinary...

:bowrofl:

Ulic Qel-Droma 05-28-2009 11:12 PM

of course i'm always right, who do you think you're talking to? hahaha...

stewie 05-31-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

money clip = good idea

i got one as a gift for a birthday last year...use it all the time....silver and carbon fiber....sexy as fuck...even has my name engraved in it.

orange7 06-05-2009 07:33 PM

I'm sure your BF is not me but as for me if I were to receive flowers regardless whether I want them or not, I would honestly not care what type they are. What's important is that you were the one who went out and picked them. So I suppose the question is what types of flowers are appropriate for graduation, and I have no idea about that.