REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 05-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Question about things in storage - Things damaged.

So I have some things in storage and recently went to go grab some things from there. I opened up the door and find the ceiling has collapsed and there is damage to some things, along with water damage, and mold as well.

I don't know the extent of the damage yet, the storage company is opening up another bin close to my current location so the things can be moved to a new location, and so everything can be sorted through for damage.

I have taken pictures of the bin and what happened so no one can deny anything. They seem to be reasonable with everything so far, but of course I want to cover myself too.

As for things damaged/ruined, for replacement does it go as for replacement value? IE. What it would cost to replace or what the item(s) are worth?

The management of the storage company does not want to go through insurance if they don't have to because of the deductible.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Advertisement
Bruceod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Force them through storage insurance, as in this case, as long as what you said is true. You should be well in the right.

You should be compensated for the damage as the building was moulded and caused the shoddy ceiling to collapse.
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote