REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:18 AM   #26
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

have had this happened to me in 2007, old italian guy in a rented chrysler 300 saying he has to catch a flight and needs to sell these leather jackets.
Advertisement

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:18 AM   #27
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Got the exact same scenario when I was at my moms grocery store. Two foreign lookin' cats come in and ask for directions to the airport. I tell them the right way, he comes in lookin' all greased up and happy holding 3 Armani leather jackets, 2 for men 1 for women. Tells me I can have them all at the price of 1 due to high taxation of bringing them back to Italy. I said nah I'm good and he just packs his shit up and leaves. Also mentioned that he was just at a fashion show.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:14 AM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

hahahahhahahahhhahah....same guys did the EXACT same thing to me on Main st...when I said no they kept driving up to people asking them!!!
choda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #29
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
wow this scam is pretty common eh LOL
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:36 AM   #30
I am Hook'd on RS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYJnR01oApE
SR604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2009, 02:38 AM   #31
I am Hook'd on RS

http://www.discovervancouver.com/for...er-t48232.html
SR604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:42 AM   #32
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri View Post
So I'm getting in my car yesterday evening when this guy in a rented black Grand Cherokee pulls up. He rolls down his window and in a very heavy accent asks me directions to the airport. I tell him to pull over because there was a car behind him so he does. He gets out and walks up to my window and starts asking for directions. I start giving him directions and I ask him where he's from and where he's flying back too and he's like Italy but didn't suspect anything because this guy was well dressed and wasn't bs'ing about been Italian because his accent was really heavy.

I start my car up thinking the guy is done but he's not. He starts telling me how he was at some fashion show in downtown and he got 3 Armani leather jackets but he couldn't take them back to Italy because of customs and taxes so he goes he'll give me all 3 for the price of one. I said no thanks and he quickly walked back to his rental and drove off. I suspect this a scam so beware of this guy.

hahaha same thing happened to me and my cousin, probably the same guy he gave my cousin his business card too and told him he'd be here every few months

he said he works for armani and brings these sample collections to a show for the local high end shops to check out to see how much they'd order and instead of bringing the jackets back he sells them to ppl for profit on the side

these were Suit jackets and Blazers though not leather jackets, have to admit though the jackets looked remarkable and felt exquisite even if they were fakes they're too high quality to sell for so cheap

didn't buy any though he didn't have our size
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:28 AM   #33
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

i'll have to remember the speaker one in case it happens to me
MegaMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #34
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR604 View Post
its funny how the people who were scammed try to justify shelling out for fakes.
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #35
Banned By Establishment

happened to me at the RIchmond costco parking lot. couple of years ago
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #36
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
ok so it's a scam
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #37
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfetched View Post
its funny how the people who were scammed try to justify shelling out for fakes.
It seems theres a lot of these going on with the deals always varying.

The deal I got was $900 for 8 jackets. Works out to be $112.50
Assuming they had all fit, and were acutally all men's jacket, that would of been a wicked deal regardless if it weren't Armani stamped, since designer clothing means absolutely nothing to me. I did take a look at the jacket's, and whether they were authentically made by Armani or not, none the less, they were quite good quality jackets. They aren't stuff you would find in chinatown for sure.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:31 PM   #38
Need my Daily Fix of RS

the guy probably watched "the real hustle" and tried to do it
sil3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:26 PM   #39
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub.g View Post
exact same story with me, except with 2 guys in a chrysler 300

about a year and half ago, i walked out of starbucks with a buddy, and then 2 guys in a 300, wearing a suit pulls up in front of us asking directions to the airport, blah blah, showed us the suits, still in plastic on the backseat..

Exact same thing happened to me 3 years ago in Stanley Park at the lighthouse parking lot.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:15 PM   #40
Banned By Establishment

lol imagine the guy asking you for directions has a GPS right infront of him
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:47 AM   #41
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR32_Coupe View Post
lol imagine the guy asking you for directions has a GPS right infront of him
Its in English bro. She talks too fast for me. Its not like you, you're a nice guy bro.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #42
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Its in English bro. She talks too fast for me. Its not like you, you're a nice guy bro.
I'll take 2 emporia versachi, and 2 jugo boss
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #43
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub.g View Post
exact same story with me, except with 2 guys in a chrysler 300

about a year and half ago, i walked out of starbucks with a buddy, and then 2 guys in a 300, wearing a suit pulls up in front of us asking directions to the airport, blah blah, showed us the suits, still in plastic on the backseat..

LOFUCKINGL i saw this guy today! 1 italian guy that could barely speak english in a grey 300c, i was havin a smoke in the richmond centre parking lot and this guy pulled up asking directions to the airport, i suspected nothing and tried to remember how to get there and then he brings up he works for armoni and hes the manager there... INSTANTLY this thread came to my mind and i almost coudlnt keep back my laughter as he throws me his sales pitch.

same story 3 armoni jackets he could sell me 2 of the 3 if i wanted for cheap because he was catching a plane.

i was going to ask him if hes ever heard of revscene because he is famous on there but didnt get the chance.

next guy to run into him should ask if we could do a rs group buy.
classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #44
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
lol, bumped

This happened on Friday afternoon but I was just about to leave for a trip so I didn't have computer access until now.

He called me over, said he wanted to ask me a question. Then asked me where the airport was, he was an Italian designer. Wanted to sell me something. Usually, I would just say not interested. But because suddenly, this thread clicked in my head, I wanted to do some "investigating."

I don't buy Italian baller stuff so I wouldn't know what to look for fake or real, but at least I can tell you what happened.

So the guy said his name was "Enrique" (I believe that's what he was saying, hard to hear with that heavy Italian accent). He said the same story as above. Has to leave in one hour. He has 8 jackets. Buy one, get all of them. So I asked him how much for one. He brushed the question off by showing me some jackets. Saying it will only take 2 minutes. come look, etc. I asked him again after he showed me one jacket, he kept changing the subject, telling me to look at more jackets. He let me feel the leather, lit a lighter on the leather to it to show it didn't burn. Then he finally said, buy one for $900, and you can have the other 7 for free. For some reason, twice during the conversation, he pulled out a ton of bills form his pocket, saying he had a few thousand dollars. I couldn't really understand why he did that, he was talking rather fast with the heavy accent, but he said something about having a few thousands in his pocket right now. (and he backed that claim up by showing me the bills).

So after that, I just said.. ohh.. 900.. i don't have that much... then said maybe next time. I got his license plate down too just because. But I didn't even remember to take note of what kind of black minivan it was.
haha I bumped into this guy just last Thursday as I was about to leave Chevron on Rumble and Royal Oak. Exact same story and adding that he was a model. Really wanted to show me the jackets so I check them out...did the whole lighter trick and all. He was talking pretty fast with the heavy accent and out of nowhere reaches into his pocket showing me a wad of cash...Im like wtf ok felt like jacking him right there lol. He didn't ask for directions but just said he had a plane to catch which was leaving in three hours. I had to ask him how much he was asking for them like four five times before giving me an answer. I started getting irritated and he starts apologizing "sorry sorry I am Italiano my english no good" lol He had two bags with seven jackets in the back seat of a rented Black Jeep Liberty. I offered him $50 for all of them lol He says "no no no...these jackets are for a model..I am a model. I tell him "OK bye" and take off. He looked so disappointed after haha
Originally posted by bwco
There's enough money to save a few countries out of the poor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GreenAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:58 PM   #45
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

has anyone seen a post about street racing recently? some guy apparently from argentina with a thick accent came up to me last week or so asking me if I was asian, then telling me he is a big street racer in argentina, that everyone knows his name and his car was in a freight container being delivered in today and he wanted to race in richmond and wanted directions to where "young guys" go. I repeatedly told him that I didnt know, but he kept asking me about richmond over and over again, as if he would squeeze a hint out of me. my buddy told him to go to revscene so he would go away not a scam...but just plain weird. He also kept brushing up against my arm, trying to pickpocket me? Beware of the foreigners! lol jk.
dhawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #46
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

lol saw this guy today at Vancity on Victoria and 40th. Gave me the same pitch and tried to sell me the jackets haha. I'm Chinese, and first thing he asked me was if I spoke Italian. wtf!
Tofuboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:04 AM   #47
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

is it illeagal?
can we call the cops on them?
who carries 900$ cash around on a regular basis?
say, lets go to bank, call cops.
simsimi1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:45 AM   #48
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Someone really needs to take a picture of this guy and post in here, haha.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #49
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
FUCK ME
SORRY FOR REVIVING 4 YEAR OLD THREAD
I JUST GOT SCAMMED FUCK SAME SHIT
FUCK ME FOR BEING UNAWARE
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #50
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
the guy probably watched "the real hustle" and tried to do it
Which episode was it again? I remember seeing it like 3 years ago
nvm found it
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote