REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   some guy just took a picture of my car on the road, speeding ticket? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/575637-some-guy-just-took-picture-my-car-road-speeding-ticket.html)

insomniacRA 05-13-2009 02:08 PM

some guy just took a picture of my car on the road, speeding ticket?

i was on northbound willingdon, just over the bridge and suddenly this guy went to the middle of the road and took a picture with a digital camera, he was wearing normal clothes with a visibility vest, but no sign that says he's rcmp or anything

what was he doing? giving out tickets? is this possible? i was not even speeding

Soundy 05-13-2009 02:54 PM

Probably just a road worker or city engineer using a break in traffic to take a picture of the street there...

CRS 05-13-2009 05:40 PM

Stalker.

BNR32_Coupe 05-13-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6422279)
Stalker.

This is a serious thread. Please keep your replies serious.

zulutango 05-13-2009 08:54 PM

No Traffic Police I know of would ever step out in plain clothes and take a photograph of some car to issue a speeding ticket. No point. Get the BCL of the vehicle and served the registered owner later. You don't need a picture. There could be thousands of legitimate reasons for somebody to take a photo of the roar. Cops have Radar and Laser...we don't need Kodak moments.

insomniacRA 05-13-2009 09:01 PM

thanks for the reply guys

SlowRider 05-13-2009 11:06 PM

WOW your 1 sketchy driver..... lol say no to meth ...

zulutango 05-14-2009 06:53 AM

Just remember....you are NOT paranoid, IF the world really IS out to get you! That is my philosophy whenever I ride my motorcycle and it has worked so far.

CRS 05-14-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BNR32_Coupe (Post 6422535)
This is a serious thread. Please keep your replies serious.

I am absolutely serious.

He asked what it could be and I put an extremely valid comment based on the context of the situation.

Keep useless comments to yourself.

insomniacRA 05-14-2009 09:16 AM

lol wtf

Uncle Benz 05-14-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniacRA (Post 6422022)
i was on northbound willingdon, just over the bridge and suddenly this guy went to the middle of the road and took a picture with a digital camera, he was wearing normal clothes with a visibility vest, but no sign that says he's rcmp or anything

what was he doing? giving out tickets? is this possible? i was not even speeding

Do you drive something unique or have a unique body kit on your car?
It is possible the guy saw liked something on your car or your car itself and wanted to take a pic of it for that reason only. Maybe there is a thread on a forum somewhere asking "What kind of a body kit is this?" I've come across threads like that before on various forums.

Of course if you drive something totally generic like a stock Civic or Corolla that theory goes out the window and I'd have to side with CRS.

insomniacRA 05-14-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Benz (Post 6423222)
Do you drive something unique or have a unique body kit on your car?
It is possible the guy saw liked something on your car or your car itself and wanted to take a pic of it for that reason only. Maybe there is a thread on a forum somewhere asking "What kind of a body kit is this?" I've come across threads like that before on various forums.

Of course if you drive something totally generic like a stock Civic or Corolla that theory goes out the window and I'd have to side with CRS.

ahahaha, a rental stock hyundai elantra

CRS 05-14-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniacRA (Post 6423244)

:thumbsup:

Uncle Benz 05-14-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniacRA (Post 6423244)

LOL. Well in that case my theory is out the window.