REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Angels and Demons (https://www.revscene.net/forums/575937-angels-demons.html)

!SG 05-16-2009 12:50 AM

Angels and Demons

never read the books, but heard this was a prequil that eventually led to the book, davince code.

i found it a pretty entertaining movie...

BinsentoW 05-16-2009 11:15 AM

is it a prequel even if the stories have nothing to do with each other? Its just the same guy in both, but I dont think they have anything to do with each other. I might be wrong though, read the books years ago

postcode 05-16-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bali Vince (Post 6425625)
is it a prequel even if the stories have nothing to do with each other? Its just the same guy in both, but I dont think they have anything to do with each other. I might be wrong though, read the books years ago

nahh! your right, both books have nothing to do with each other except the main character is the same in both

quasi 05-16-2009 03:00 PM

I'm going to watch it tonight. I liked the other one but I hadn't read the book. I've heard from people who have read the books that the movies are a dissapointment. I think not having read them makes the movies more enjoyable however the book is almost always better then the movie.

!SG 05-16-2009 11:16 PM

well i see where ppl that had read the book are coming from. there are a lot of times throughout the movie, you sit back and wonder, how the fuck the guy piece that together?!

its like macgyver, but he doesnt have the tools, or the cool mullet!

postcode 05-17-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !SG (Post 6426234)
well i see where ppl that had read the book are coming from. there are a lot of times throughout the movie, you sit back and wonder, how the fuck the guy piece that together?!

its like macgyver, but he doesnt have the tools, or the cool mullet!

pretty much, its better explain in the book

quasi 05-17-2009 08:40 PM

My wife and I both enjoyed the movie, about what we expected.

unidentified 05-18-2009 12:41 AM

I just saw the movie tonight and I'm not too sure what to make of it. It was very fast-paced and confusing at times. I kind of walked out of the theatre trying to piece parts of the movie together in my head. I assume that the book explained it all much better than the movie.

sexyflanders 05-18-2009 01:50 AM

The movie was not as bad as people claimed. But I wasn't expecting to like it since the Da Vince Code was a crapfest.

I didn't understand it at all because I didn't read the book. However, Ewan McGregor was well worth my $12. I'd definitely turn christian if priests looked like him :D

Grandmaster TSE 05-18-2009 02:35 AM

yea, in the book they go into more detail about how he figures things out

int36ra 05-18-2009 04:04 AM

I didn't find the movie to be a disappointment when being compared to the books.. so many little things that most people passed over were in the book.
I thought it was worth the money to see.

feelthesunrise 05-18-2009 11:39 PM

i preferred the first movie more but still a decent watch for $12.

RayBot 05-19-2009 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasi (Post 6425835)
I've heard from people who have read the books that the movies are a dissapointment. I think not having read them makes the movies more enjoyable however the book is almost always better then the movie.

You're going to find this aspect in EVERY single book which has a movie adaptation. The main reason for this disappointment is because the movie industry is all about $$$, and in order for it to maximize its revenue...a movie production has to appeal to the intellect of the average AMERICAN,...

...which we all know, is not that smart.

However....the reviews were so bad in the DaVinci code, that they needed to look at all the bad criticism they got from the first movie so they don't repeat the mistakes they made from the first movie. Although they are completely different storylines, as a movie...Angels and Demons was a much, MUCH better made movie.

hotjoint 05-19-2009 06:29 AM

watched it on sunday night, not my kind of movie but I actually enjoyed it.

hamsup 05-19-2009 07:12 AM

watched it on Saturday.... great movie.. i thought it was better than the first =)

**never read the book**

btran 05-21-2009 01:26 AM

was it comparable to da vince code in the sense of suspense n shiet?

mrclean604 05-22-2009 01:00 AM

just saw it tonight. it was okay but i liked the da vince code better

Spoon 05-22-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btran (Post 6431212)
was it comparable to da vince code in the sense of suspense n shiet?

imo, the previews gave away too much regarding who the antagonist was. so before you watched it, you already know who to look out for.

i still enjoyed it though.

TRDood 05-23-2009 11:59 PM

just came back from the theatre...
wow, that's pretty good.

It felt like watching National Treasure 1 but with all the religious things attached to it.

k20a 05-24-2009 01:52 PM

bORing movie la.