REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Acura RSX radio code

Hey guys,

My mechanic needed to change the battery on the RSX but afterwards its asking me for a radio code but I can't find my manual and there's no sticker on the side of the glove compartment or anywhere....

How else can I obtain it? I bought it second hand...
Can I just go to any dealership and give them my reg paper and VIN# and look it up?

and does it have to be service department? Because I don't think they're open on the wkends...

thanks!
Advertisement
scheng924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Some dealerships will give it to you, some won't
Exact same thing happened to my Integra, I called one dealer and they said unless I had proof that the car was mine, meaning I had to bring the car in with all papers then they won't give it to me so I was like wtf..
I called a different dealer, I believe it was Lougheed Acura and they gave it to me
all you need to do is give them the S/N of your CD player
I'm not sure if it's the same, but I had to crawl and lay on my back and stick my head under the dash to get the S/N on mine
greendb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:10 AM   #3
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

^ possible on an integra, not on a RSX

when it happened to me, i had to bring the serial number to a honda dealership and they had to call or check online or something.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
I don't get it

check ur service invoice from the acura dealerships, the top where it list ur make, model, VIN#, etc, it will have ur radio code. i'm not sure if all acura dealerships do this but i used to bring my car to richmond acura and the invoice shows my radio code.
pwp type-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:17 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

don't you just go hold 1 and 6 on your radio while its off, turn on the power, and call acura and give them the code that appears on the radio, then they put it through the computer and give you another code that you input into your radio?

i know that's how it's done on a honda, not sure if it's the same on an acura... i'm guessing it should be the same.
mrclean604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #6
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I remember I called 1800 # that shows in the manual and through the phone they would give it to you with ur vin#
aspenwrx is offline   Reply With Quote