REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Plantar wart (https://www.revscene.net/forums/576084-plantar-wart.html)

trd2343 05-17-2009 11:06 PM

Plantar wart

Tried salicylic acid and no results. I keep rubbing the dead skin off each night and it's still there. My doctor told me to put salicylic acid and duct tape over it. I really don't want to resort to surgery.

Is there anyone here with past experience as to how they got rid of it?

Thanks.

Or recommendation to a podiatrist that knows how to remove it without surgery?

SkinnyPupp 05-17-2009 11:47 PM

You won't need surgery.

You can either get one of those home freezing kits, which work most of the time if it's a small wart. Either that, or you'll have to go in and get it frozen by a doctor. Either way, it will take a few times to get rid of it completely.

Don't rub the skin off or play with it, or it will spread to your hands (or elsewhere)

trd2343 05-17-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6427154)
You won't need surgery.

You can either get one of those home freezing kits, which work most of the time if it's a small wart. Either that, or you'll have to go in and get it frozen by a doctor. Either way, it will take a few times to get rid of it completely.

Don't rub the skin off or play with it, or it will spread to your hands (or elsewhere)

Unfortunately, that's been done as well by myself and family doctor :(
Still no help.

SkinnyPupp 05-18-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reamemiya (Post 6427157)
Unfortunately, that's been done as well by myself and family doctor :(
Still no help.

I guess there's not much anyone here can do for you, not being able to see it, and not being doctors. But if it's a typical wart, you should be able to get rid of it with multiple freezes. Try a new doctor - I had a wart before, and the first doctor I went to was incompetent. The next doctor knew how to treat it (and now I do too).

trd2343 05-18-2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6427167)
I guess there's not much anyone here can do for you, not being able to see it, and not being doctors. But if it's a typical wart, you should be able to get rid of it with multiple freezes. Try a new doctor - I had a wart before, and the first doctor I went to was incompetent. The next doctor knew how to treat it (and now I do too).

Would you mind sharing with me how you treat it? This has been bugging me for more than a year and I haven't been able to get rid of it. Or if possible, can you tell me the doctor that helped you?

Thanks for your replies.

SkinnyPupp 05-18-2009 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reamemiya (Post 6427188)
Would you mind sharing with me how you treat it? This has been bugging me for more than a year and I haven't been able to get rid of it. Or if possible, can you tell me the doctor that helped you?

Thanks for your replies.

Like I said, you can buy the freeze stuff yourself at any drug store, or go to a doctor who will do it for you. I'm not sure why your current doctor told you to use acid and not freeze.. Acid rarely works, and often just causes it to split open and spread.

As for a doctor, I can't remember which one I went to. I don't have a family doctor, so I just go to random clinics. I do know that the idiot I first went to was on Saba road by HSBC in Richmond. I don't think he's there any more though.

nsmb 05-18-2009 09:22 PM

duct tape it... dont let it breath.. leave it on for ever how many days it takes...
if you access to a pool spend some time in the water... I combo of duct take and chlorine, worked for me.. The freezing, burning only works for tiny ones.
where do you have it?

RiceIntegraRS 05-19-2009 04:09 PM

when i was young i had one and i got it frozen then i took a really long bath like an hr or so and it came off on its own

trd2343 05-19-2009 08:30 PM

Appreciate all the replies.

SkinnyPupp: My family doctor did actually try freezing it, but it didn't go away, and I tried OTC freezing pack myself, but that didn't work either.

nsmb: I tried duct tape for a while, but it didn't really work, maybe I wasn't persistent and consistent enough. I will give it another shot since it's the easiest.

RiceIntegraRS: An hour bath is quite long...

twitchyzero 05-19-2009 11:52 PM

dont go swimming or the bowling alley
that's where people usually get them so you dont wanna pass them on

idunno if soluvent plus would work (it's got limestone to do the scrapping and then mild acid to dissolve it)

i just read wikipedia..and corn =/= plantar wart?

SkinnyPupp 05-20-2009 12:48 AM

I just remembered, I had these stubborn warts that wouldn't go away with OTC stuff. Before I got the chance to go to the doctor to get them frozen off, they just all died at once. What did I do that day to get rid of them all? I cleaned an entire house using Oxy-Clean. I don't know if that was exactly it, but I do know that after using heavy concentrations of oxy-clean to get rid of stains, my warts were gone the next day.

cunninglinguist 05-23-2009 03:12 PM

I got rid of mine with a home freezing kit. I sliced the wart as deep down as it would go without bleeding before the freezing. You need to kill the wart down to its roots like a weed.