REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 05-27-2009, 05:45 AM   #51
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I'm that type of guy who doesnt ask much from the world. I think I am veru mature for my age and theres things i might not know, like what do i want to do with mylife or who i wanna be but i know whatever it is its with her. All I know is that I truly, madly, deeply in love with this girl and nothing, nothing at all can change the way i feel for her. I can honeslty settle down right now with this girl get married and have kids and start our lives together, i dont give a shit about anything else

xh3atyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:15 AM   #52
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
but she does. so that's a problem.

maybe you should explore what you have missed in life and go out and have fun. decide after if you really wanna settle down.

i used to be like you, until i decided to go out and live again, then i realised, yeah, settling down would be good, but I'm still young, i want to party hard while my body can still withstand it. i don't regret it. been partying hard since summer of 2006, all around the world. yeah 3 year party. like i said, i don't regret it.

you only live once man. well, so we think anyways.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 05-27-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:26 AM   #53
Banned (ABWS)

give it some time, try and talk to her as friends, go from there, keep things light hearted, tell her about how u feel
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:34 AM   #54
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
but she does. so that's a problem.

maybe you should explore what you have missed in life and go out and have fun. decide after if you really wanna settle down.

i used to be like you, until i decided to go out and live again, then i realised, yeah, settling down would be good, but I'm still young, i want to party hard while my body can still withstand it. i don't regret it. been partying hard since summer of 2006, all around the world. yeah 3 year party. like i said, i don't regret it.

you only live once man. well, so we think anyways.
ur single now, take some time to enjoy it.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #55
you
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xh3atyx View Post
Trust me everyone on here is going to think im nuts and i dont know what im talking about, I am 20 years of age. Trust me people i know what love is and i know im not fucking around i know i love this girl. Im not one of thoughs that fall in love and at young age and dont even know what it means. This is no puppy love or highschool bull shit, this is straight up true love.
damm hommie dats some really deep shit right there..
grabs popcorn**
but yeh i think ur nuts and dont know what ur talking about..how can u even say that this is truly what u want when u haven't even seen the other other side of the bridge (single life/dating other women)..
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #56
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
I always had a feeling her parents didn't like me but she always tells me they like me(well they dont hate me). I don't really like her parents that much but i always respected them, always helped them out and was always nice no matter what. We had little problems here and there, but we were not happy for awhile. I never saw it coming cause of how we were, it was little things but we always get over. We both had made mistakes by cheating, and when i say cheating i mean like real cheating, but i think its sometimes how pissed off we get and how much we hate eachother at the moment that makes us do this. I can explain lots of things to you guys but no one will ever understand our relationship, people will say why are you guys still together after this and that, saying something you guys are never happy together. We understand that or I understand that, in a relationship its not always happy and good there times when things are bad and I learned to just stick with it because no matter what happens I can never be mad at her for long. This girl was my life and still is, and yes I was going to marry her if she wanted to marry me. We search for girls our whole lives, or we go out with so many different girls to find "the one" well this is the one and i know it cause i would risk mylife just to put a smile on her face.
Her reasons of breaking up was because she had enough, things where building up. But what really happened was one day are aruged and i need some time. And when i was ready to talk again she dumped me, it backed fired on me somehow.
Trust me everyone on here is going to think im nuts and i dont know what im talking about, I am 20 years of age. Trust me people i know what love is and i know im not fucking around i know i love this girl. Im not one of thoughs that fall in love and at young age and dont even know what it means. This is no puppy love or highschool bull shit, this is straight up true love.

I understand what lil bastard said and ya you may be right, But this is something that can be fix and talked about. We never talked about the problems we had and tried to fix them. So i dont think it had to be over just like that. Ok saying it need to be over, but it hurts her so much cause it had to be done, as of how we are we would be able to at least talk about how it will be from now on. I dont really know how to say it but say if someone cheated you would never wanna talk to them again or something but this is just different.
Time dude. All you need is time. You need to grieve. The more you try to fight it, or the more you try to cure it will only impede your healing process. Just do your time and grieve. Hopefully your friends will be there to support you through it.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:46 PM   #57
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Your 20 years old and you both cheated on one another. Both of these are evidence that you'll forget about her in 2 months...and if you don't then your problem/insecurities with your own self are far more of a concern than your love for this girl.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #58
My homepage has been set to RS

take it from me bud, keep yourself busy, go hang out with friends uve lost, meet and chill with girls but dont get into a relationship right away. just relax, live ur life, dont try to make ur ex jealous or get back at her. forget she existed and move on. U might take this advice for granted or think that im just another member here giving general advice but u know what? i went through the same phase, almost exact scenario u did.

- 7 year relationship
- ex dropped the bomb on me
- i gave my heart to her, when she dumped me i hit rock bottom
- we started dating back in highschool
- felt really depressed all the time like im the only man on earth
- no energy for anything, even eating good food
- kept thinking about her and thinking she'd come back

all these things i went through and its definitely a crap situation to be in right now. But i got over it. Time heals wounds. You will rise to be a better person out of this. Im living proof! I have a nice car, i bought a house, i have a very loving and understanding fiance, i own 3 top of the line TVs, I enjoy going on trips with my fiance, and so much more. Feeling bad right now is normal and u will feel it for awhile. but when ur ready to get back on your feet you stand tall and proud knowing that u survived an epic battle with your emotion and live life anew.

Hang in there man, there is light on the end of the tunnel. It just depends how fast you wanna get there.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:46 AM   #59
Need to Seek Professional Help

dude you cheated on her, she cheated on you... is that not enough? id be done. when my gf got into her frist year of university, shit was fucked up. she attended all these events, met these guys.. started gettin flirty and shit. she admitted it all too me and she felt ashamed, like she took me for granted. i almost dropped this girl, but for anyone to admit what she did, that it was wrong and tell me she took me for granted.... well honestly she knew i would have never found out but she knew i aut to know. after that incident, weve been straight ever since. she doesnt attend school events anymore and everythings great. i knew she would never cheat on me and she knows i would never cheat on her. BUT for you to go and cheat... sorry dude but that aint right. EVEN IF she cheated on you first, i would expect a lot of people to be the better person.. not cheat to get back, break it off and move on.

to be honest with you, im 20 aswell and ive been w/ my gf for almost 6 years so.. take my advice and move on. if you cheated on her, shes not worth much..
Old 05-28-2009, 12:22 PM   #60
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
What is your background/lifestyle/interests?

I find that this situation more than often happens to dd's or dd-types
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #61
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 View Post
7 years holy fuck

i heard the maximum it should take to get over ur ex is half the amount of time you guys went out
or with enough amount of blow and stippers, it's easier.
A rebound helps a lot too. not joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann1984 View Post
i dont get it guys
i mean after going out with someone for even say4 years dont they know they wanna be together forever?? because you guys are used to eachother
i ask this question a lot too. when two people date for 3-4 year, DAMN, they better know what they have in store for the next few yrs. i ain't giong to waste time on a chick not knowing what compromises are.

Quote:
I can honeslty settle down right now with this girl get married and have kids and start our lives together, i dont give a shit about anything else
dude, you're two, started dating your first love and you want to get married and settled down. Try pushing in your fast forward button and imainge you're 30 with low level entry job living pay cheque to pay cheque, or your being in a low distance relationship, or your gf became way smarter than you, or you accidentally have a kid coming... There's a whole lot more than just 'settling down with one girl' you're 20 and you already think you got it all figured out for married. It's like saying when you're 8 and all you ever want is just chocolate for hte rest of your life..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsali View Post
dude you cheated on her, she cheated on you... is that not enough?
exactly, you've already cheated at an age when you're 20 are you fooking kidding me. Unless you have like a great epiffany or life changing experience, i really can't see how you two won't cheat again.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #62
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
What is your background/lifestyle/interests?

I find that this situation more than often happens to dd's or dd-types
what are dd's?
sweetiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #63
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymura View Post
take it from me bud, keep yourself busy, go hang out with friends uve lost, meet and chill with girls but dont get into a relationship right away. just relax, live ur life, dont try to make ur ex jealous or get back at her. forget she existed and move on. U might take this advice for granted or think that im just another member here giving general advice but u know what? i went through the same phase, almost exact scenario u did.

- 7 year relationship

all these things i went through and its definitely a crap situation to be in right now. But i got over it. Time heals wounds. You will rise to be a better person out of this. Im living proof! I have a nice car, i bought a house, i have a very loving and understanding fiance, i own 3 top of the line TVs, I enjoy going on trips with my fiance, and so much more. Feeling bad right now is normal and u will feel it for awhile. but when ur ready to get back on your feet you stand tall and proud knowing that u survived an epic battle with your emotion and live life anew.

Hang in there man, there is light on the end of the tunnel. It just depends how fast you wanna get there.
i found that a bit amusing
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #64
you
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymura View Post

- 7 year relationship

good shit
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #65
I STILL don't get it

^Agreed.

A while back, I made a post asking for someone who has sucessfully moved on from a serious relationship and for that person to share their experience. I wanted to know that it has been done before, because it has been over a year since my breakup with whom I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with and I still have random thoughts about her sometimes. Sometimes I feel I will never get over her, and I think it's unfair because she has moved on already and has a boyfriend now. Now I feel better knowing that someone else has moved on from a serious relationship to finding marriage with someone they love. I sometimes feel I just need some reassurance that it will get better.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:09 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann1984 View Post
i dont get it guys
i mean after going out with someone for even say4 years dont they know they wanna be together forever?? because you guys are used to eachother

but dam 7 years and she realizes that she doesnt wanna be with u?
thats rough man.. dam girls!!

its called the 7 year itch. usually at around 7 years if you are still in the bf/gf status ur relationship tends to fade away. at this point girls start thinking that this relationship is not moving on and they get too comfortable to the point that there is no longer the "spark" in the relationship. Guys sometimes feel that they've been with the same girl for that long that there is no longer anything interesting or the sex feels repetitive rather than exciting. (this also applies to the girl side)
They both get into the "too comfortable" phase and realize nothing interesting is happening anymore. They get bored of the relationship and tend to think that maybe there's something out there thats better for me. Thats when your world falls apart, black hole sucks you into isolation, zombies start nibbling on your heart, depression becomes your best friend, hate is your favorite game, jealousy is the air around you, and you just got hadoukened with a blast of regret.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:28 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
^Agreed.

A while back, I made a post asking for someone who has sucessfully moved on from a serious relationship and for that person to share their experience. I wanted to know that it has been done before, because it has been over a year since my breakup with whom I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with and I still have random thoughts about her sometimes. Sometimes I feel I will never get over her, and I think it's unfair because she has moved on already and has a boyfriend now. Now I feel better knowing that someone else has moved on from a serious relationship to finding marriage with someone they love. I sometimes feel I just need some reassurance that it will get better.
Dont worry shades, things will get better for you. in the beginning i was also still having random thoughts about my ex. i also wondered if i will ever get over her and i thought it was also unfair that im stuck thinking about her still while she's having the time of her life with her new bf. The trick is not to forget and move on. that will only lead you to remembering again when ur alone or sad. Instead, try to realize a few things:

1. as most RS members have pointed out, there's a reason why you guys broke up. understand that its not meant to be cuz if it was you'd still be together.

2. do no regret that you are not together anymore. Instead, be happy that you have spent time with this girl. you learned how to love and in return received love, you experienced things you probably never had before, you learned a lot about urself and now have more knowledge of what to expect.

3. If you believe in the phrase "the right one will come to you" then focus on that. Imagine if u forced this relationship to keep going.... that would mean you will never be with the "right one". remember, the right one is who your meant to be with. Not who your thinking it should be with.

As i have stated before, "There is light at the end of the tunnel. It just depends how fast you wanna get there"
Old 05-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #68
Why'd you do that for?

i feel ya man...the one i had to deal with was 4-6years ish on and off...

What really helped me was travelling...go for a month or so alone or with your buddy. It'll force you NOT to see or talk to her cause phone bills would be expensive as fk. Anyways try that...helped for me...and trust me, your only hurting cause u tHINK shes the one thats good for you, but you only think that way cause you been with her for a long time. Get out there, do shit...take some classes in school, meet new girls....ull get over it man...tough it out
rk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:49 PM   #69
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

thanks everyone for all the help and comments, but really I know what needs to be done and I know what I need to do myself but I just can't get it together no matter how hard I try. This is really fucked up, as guys were not emo towards eachother so i cant talk about this towards my friends. As for friends as girls i dont have any cause i gave that up being with my ex. I believe the right one has come for me and its gone and ill never find the right one but iim sure everyone will say ur wrong the right one will come. but when it comes you know its the right one but what happens when it leaves again, you going to say it going to come again so how manytimes is it going to come. you can go out with someone and they dont have to be the one but this is the one and its gone so fuck
xh3atyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:17 PM   #70

once again man, i understand what u feel. i mentioned in one of my replies that u will feel like ur isolated and the only man on earth with no one to make u feel better, be able to help u out, etc.
At this point ur feeling the withdrawal of being alone. you have been so used to being with her that u have built a "comfort zone". but now that she's gone the comfort zone has been compromised and now you are unfamiliar with this feeling. You dont know what to do and the heartbreak is still killing you inside. There's really not much u can do and any advice ppl give you will just bounce off ur "shield". The best thing to do is just grief about it one day at a time but also try to slowly reconnect with the world. Do not isolate urself or go crawling in a hole and go emo. Trust me, that will lead u to hitting rockbottom. I almost hit rockbottom and it was hard getting back up. if u have money, go take a trip. it helps ease the pain and at the same time u might find a new beginning to your life.

I will also point out another member's advice here. TRUST ME AGAIN ON THIS ONE... you might believe that she is the one but ur just blinded right now cuz u have fallen for this girl. You are young and i know ur probably gonna brush this off but i agree with others here, YOU DO NOT KNOW YET WHAT YOU REALLY WANT. Thats like a kid who sees a toy and thinks he really wants that and nothing else but once he gets it he forgets about right away. "Human nature tends to want what they cannot have but when they have it they take it for granted".
I can already tell u what ur next moves are gonna be:

- you will try to stalk her, maybe talk to her friends about how she is and if she still talks about u.
- go emo in your room, want to be alone all the time, maybe take short walks to think about things
- you try to access her facebook, friendster, etc accounts and see what she's been up to
- u brush off ppl's advice thinking that you know whats best for you
- u will wake up one day and say "what do i have to lose, im gonna try asking her to come back to me"

I can go on with a full list but my reply is getting long already. My point is, move on! if she comes back to you then she comes back to you. if she doesnt then accept the fact that she isnt coming back. She is not the only girl in this world. you just think she is right now cuz uve only spent ur life with her. your being ignorant right now cuz how could u possibly know she's the right one when u havent even gone out with others?
Old 05-31-2009, 11:43 PM   #71
I STILL don't get it

^Agreed with everything you said. You're pretty bang on about the steps to the aftermath of a breakup. I still do some of the things you mentioned like stay in my room and sleep all day. It's like I don't want to think about anything anymore and sleeping can do just that.

I would often ask for advice from my close girl friends and but I would always ignore what they have said. Their advice is not what I want to hear. I want someone to tell me to ask her back, but I've been unsuccessfull and I doubt anyone would ever tell me it's a good idea.

I never stalked her on facebook after the breakup. I didn't want to go on to see what I didn't want to see and bum myself out even more. It's like a self fullfilling prophecy.

What really helped me was working. When you're working 2 restaurant jobs back to back you really don't have much time to think about anything else. Making mad cash and spending it is a really good feeling. Working will also force you to make new friends and build new relationships with co-workers.

Perhaps the OP should it. Get yourself a new watch!
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #72
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
I feel for ya man. I'm actually still in the same shoes as you.

I was in a 1.5 year relationship, broke up and it has been over a year since the break up and I still feel like shit. Although I am a lot better now and not as emotional anymore, I still get bummed out from time to time.

It's because she somehow creeps back into my life. Because we have the same group of friends, I see her. In fact, recently I saw her new boyfriend. FUCK right? Yeah, I have to admit, I was bummed out, but it's been day 3 since then and I honestly don't feel a thing. It's just news to me now.

My advice to you is get yourself back up as quickly as possible. Wasting a year like me getting over some stupid chick is not worth it, especially you know she's out fucking around with other guys. Who the fuck cares if she's the hottest girl in the world and has the best personality, she's not going to get anywhere in life. She will probably become a part-time cleaning lady cleaning up your mansion in the British properties one day and then realize it's your home. Oh shit, will that be fun right?

One day when she's 28, I guarantee you, she'd look back and regret what she did to you. She will probably even call you, then like Noir said, she'll get her karma. This would only work if you stop moping as soon as possible and focus on your career NOW and don't do gay shit on facebook or text her. In fact, if you do, she will be annoyed and the karma shit you will do to her in the future won't work. "The power to any relationship lies with whoever cares less." If both of you were in a meaningful relationship, in her heart she will know you miss her, you don't have to express it.

The younger you are the better, too because that just means you will be success full younger. Don't waste your time like I did. Try to get over your feelings quickly and swiftly. Pull a fast and furious.

Getting over somebody sucks. I know. For me, I cried a lot. See this breakup as an opportunity to test yourself. Are you strong enough to get over this and jump start your career? It is then when ALL WOMEN want you. How good does that sound?
I feel exactly the same way as you do right. Acutally our situations are exactly the same.

To the OP, man i said same thing as you when me and my ex broke up, I would pass on jessica alba, megan foxx, or any other girl. I didn't want anyone else but her, but its been a year for me now and i admit its gotten a lot better. I noticed that when i worked a lot it really took my mind off her. Now that im back in school there are still those moments when i would think about her and she has been back in my life from time to time because we sort of have mutual friends. Im trying my hardest to get over her as well, and good luck to you. I can only imagine the pain you're going through right now, but its obvious that you are progressing, i mean, you haven't killed yourself yet right? So keep on living and enjoy everything that you missed. Talk to your friends again. Good Luck
Old 06-02-2009, 02:17 AM   #73
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I have to agree that girls are evil. My ex just dumped me 2 hours ago midnight. This two year relationship has been pretty good with not many arguments. Tonight she all the sudden decided that I'm not compatible and too young for her to focus on her life. She's 4 years older than me making her 26 and I'm 22. What the shit is this really? why are girls so cruel?
xpandabl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #74
Director of RS Cares

^girls aren't cruel, everyone is cruel in some way no matter the gender . everyone is going to be a dumper and a dumpee at one point in time.

and to the OP, 7 years is a long time so i don't doubt that you are in love with her and thinking she is "the one." but really, how can you base that fact when you've only dated this ONE girl in the past 7 years. you have no other experience to compare this relationship to. think about all the people in this world that have dated one person that they loved and thought was the one, only to break up and then be with someone else down the road and be so much more happy.

relationships is like a puzzle. each piece signifies what makes a relationship work. if the pieces (the 2 of you) don't fit, then the puzzle doesn't work.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #75
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
^girls aren't cruel, everyone is cruel in some way no matter the gender . everyone is going to be a dumper and a dumpee at one point in time.

and to the OP, 7 years is a long time so i don't doubt that you are in love with her and thinking she is "the one." but really, how can you base that fact when you've only dated this ONE girl in the past 7 years. you have no other experience to compare this relationship to. think about all the people in this world that have dated one person that they loved and thought was the one, only to break up and then be with someone else down the road and be so much more happy.

relationships is like a puzzle. each piece signifies what makes a relationship work. if the pieces (the 2 of you) don't fit, then the puzzle doesn't work.
wth are you talking about? ofcourse he doesnt have anyone to compare her too cause hes been in a 7 year relationship. who goes looking for seconds in a long-term relationship? then again, he did cheat