REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 05-28-2009, 06:03 AM   #26
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Sorry, but I feel you have to earn the job you're applying for. That includes an impressive reference card.

And its not like I'm talking to just anyone when I'm reference checking. I want to speak with his direct supervisor or in lieu of that, HR. Jerry from the mail room isn't going to cut it.
Advertisement
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #27
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !NiteRaven View Post
picture this scenario:

You lie in your resume. Then you got lucky, got a job which you really liked and started to move up the ranks in the company, earning more money, doing less work until you are almost to upper management level.

Then comes a jealous co-worker who didn't like your success in the company, snooped around and somehow managed to get a copy of your resume from human resources. Looked around, poke and checked around till they found proof and confirmed you lied on your interview and resume. They proceed to bring it up with human resources or your superior, pointing out and blowing up the lie to epic proportions and flashed the message : "immediate dismissal".

It happens, that's why in alot of job applications it is in fine print stating all information fill out on the application should be the truthful. It serves multiple purposes when they put on that lil sniplet on the application.
inadmisable if they obtained it illegally, one can argue the resume was tampered with.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:06 AM   #28
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

pretty sure everyone lied on their resume.. just don't make it too obvious or blown out of portion..
Old 06-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS

You never lie on a resume. You can exaggerate, but that is not lying, you can just make the wording so that it sounds greater than it might actually be. In a resume if you have weaknesses, you reword them to make them sound less significant so they can work for you.
mc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:22 AM   #30
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
I've been on the other side of it. I've had to call references that someone gave and ask about their job position. Turns out that they not only did NOT do the job they listed on their resume but were let go during the probation period and ended up not having anywhere NEAR the length of employment at the job which pretty much was their crown jewel of experience qualifying them for the position they were applying for.
That guy shouldn't even get a interview anyways, if he's retarded enough to use a reference from his previous employer that he was let go for.

i remember reading, there is some stupid obscure law, you can only check up on references GIVEN to you, you can't call up companies on the resume with out consent. or smething like that?
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:52 AM   #31
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Sounds like hearsay. Just lie and be prepared to defend it all the way.
ultrabritea91f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:25 AM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,064 Times in 555 Posts
i think depending on the situations.. its ok to lie abt experience.. jsut make sur eyou dun fuck up.. while actually doing it?
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #33
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

If you are going to lie on your resume, don't ever tell anyone about it...especially your coworkers. Because if word ever spreads to management, your chances for promotion is significantly lowered. If you have to lie and cheat to get ahead, deep down at the end of the day, do you really feel good about yourself? Or does it not matter to you that you are living a life of lies? Personally, I'd like to say I got to where I am today through hard work and determination....not lying, cheating, and backstabbing.
//RacingSpirit>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:50 AM   #34
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

u could just dont get caught lol
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #35
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,064 Times in 555 Posts
lol.. thats what they said when you asked them if its good to rock the back xD ^
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #36
I am Hook'd on RS

u have to lie on ur resume....because 90% of the time, every1 else lying as well
j1mmyi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #37
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1mmyi3 View Post
u have to lie on ur resume....because 90% of the time, every1 else lying as well
I sincerely hope that this is not the case.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote