REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Anyplace that offers LLQp and CSC/IFIC

Hi I am not sure if this is the right forum but if not, mods pleave move to the right section....
I wanted to know if there any companies out there that cover the cost of the course for csc/ific and llqp
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Advertisement
KoPuTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
Unauthourized Spammer

Most financial institutions that have an investment or insurance arm would likely cover this however it will depend on each company's benefit plan.

Typically you have to be working in a position within that institution first. If you're looking for a place to train you from the get go (like in that movie with Will Smith) you can look at places like Edward Jones etc.
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Any brokerage will offer that. Depending on the institution though, you may have to pay for the course yourself, which will depend on the firm. The reason for that is because the turnover is VERY high in the insurance/investment industry.

Basically it depends on whether you to run salary, salary + commission, or straight commission.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Correct me if I am wrong but as far as I have gathered these are types of jobs are straight commission.
Do you know of any firms that have a base salary + commission structure?
I am looking into two major firms sunlife and Investors group at the moment. I believe they make you sign a contract...
KoPuTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
Unauthourized Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoPuTT View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but as far as I have gathered these are types of jobs are straight commission.
Do you know of any firms that have a base salary + commission structure?
I am looking into two major firms sunlife and Investors group at the moment. I believe they make you sign a contract...
Unless you plan on getting your CFP, there are limited choices in terms of salary/base pay. I think Edward Jones has a compensation system where they pay for your classes and also start you off with a base pay job however in the long run I am not so sure they are the best choice as their commission structure is less that favorable compared to other firms.

Most of the decent jobs in brokerage houses are going to be commission based.

Not to sound like an asshole but it's a very demanding industry. As mentioned, the burnout rate is unreal. Most of the people who do it fail at it. You also need to decide if you're going to be a planner or a broker.

It sounds like you might be in need of a bit of job shadowing. The investment world pays very well to those who do well but it's a bitch to get there. I worked as a planner and was lucky enough to stay in the industry while moving to a different roll to make the big money.

I'm one of very few and I admit most of it was just being at the right place at the right time.
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote