REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:18 PM   #1
Banned By Establishment

Prohibition- Can I take Class 5

I got prohibited from driving about 3-4 years ago for some speeding tickets when I had my N. I got my N back, and drove for 2 years without any violations. I got a ticket today for speeding. Will I get suspended automatically without warning? And Can I write my class 5 if I do not dispute the ticket??

I see on the ICBC website it says I must have drove 24 consecutive months without any violations to do my class 5 road test. Can anyone confirm this?
Advertisement
JudeChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
once you come off prohibition you are automatically on probation which means zero tolerance. ICBC says 2 years, however they track up to 5 years and at anytime when they review your file it goes back 5 years.

Ultimately though, it is up to the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles.
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
well if u look at the back of ur licence itll tell u when u can take the test. unless the Superintendent sends u a letter telling u otherwise. Take ur road test asap. or u got urself another 3 years of the N BS to go through.

Probably wont be the most popular suggestion but you should dispute the speeding ticket to give urself enough time to pass ur class 5 roadtest. Cause the violation isnt official till u pay for it, or ur found guilty in court.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #4
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

step 1 - get your ass off revscene and onto I.C.B.C's website and book that test now!

step 2 - wait like 28 days (out of the 30 allowed) to goto tthe driver services center and dispute the ticket.

step 3 - take and pass your dam class 5 test

step 4 - goto court date and hope the cop dosent show up

the trick is, the court dates are not usually recivied in the mail for atleast 6 months. usally a ICBC roadtest is booked 3 months in advance. what you are trying to do is pass your class 5 roadtest BEFORE YOU ARE FOUND GUILTY OF THE TICKET.

book a good driving school for a refresher course b4 your class 5 test, no matter how good you are, they might point out what could be possible deductions.

once you pass your class 5 roadtest, even if your found guilty of the charge from when you are on your "N", they cant make you re-start your "N". so if you do still get prohibited, be a man and suck it up, because when you do get your license back, you will have a class 5 license and not have to worry about that stupid "N".

also, when u get ur class 5 license, if you goto court and the cop dose show (your guilty). pay the ticket and wait in teh mail for a probation letter, then write the superintendant a letter stating how you completed your class 5 roadtest prior to your probation and hope that he will put you on a typically 1 year "you better not get ticket or we will take your license away this time" as i like to call it.

now, if you get your letter BEFORE your roadtest, wait as long as you can (says in the letter) and file for an adjurnment, which will postpone your court date, giving you time to complete your class 5 test hopefully.

anyways, good luck
cody69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #5
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
my court date is on july 31 but ill in edmonton on vacation is that a good enough reason for adjurnment
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #6

show them proof of the ticket being booked, do it within teh respected time and DO NOT SAY ITS FOR VACATION. tell them its for a family members wedding or something...dont say a death - thats just bad karma
Old 05-25-2009, 11:33 PM   #7

the letter i received doesnt show respected time i got it on may 5th
Old 05-25-2009, 11:35 PM   #8

it should have information regarding an adjurnment, if not goto the court's website, i think it is their in the FAQ. hell, search revscene for "adjounment" maybe you wil find something... i cant do all the work for you
Old 05-25-2009, 11:48 PM   #9

alright guess ill call the number tmr last question how long they postpone the date? cause idont take my class 5 til oct13 earliest
Old 05-25-2009, 11:49 PM   #10

call to find out how long you can wait b4 postponing it. and ya, i dont know how long.... but good luck. you can postpone a second time i think, but you need to talk to the judge and you better have a VERY good reason and proof.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #11
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
There is so much fail in this thread...

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #12
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

No kidding eh? I'm glad that the system usually works the way it's supposed to, and despite all of this trying to get out of it, the OP will still lose his licence.

Some would say, it's just meant to be...
Old 05-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #13
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

If your eligble to take the test now, book it and do it. after you get class 5, pay the ticket so you can get the 30 day discount.

You dont admit to the crime unless you pay the ticket or dispute it in 30 days, so for now it probably has no effect on your license.

If you cant take the roadtest
within 30 days of getting the ticket,
dispute it, take the test, then say you just wanna pay the ticket and cancel dispute.

BTW, your class 5 is driving road test, not
Quote:
write my class 5
What i did was, i got 2 tickets within 2 years, i knew a suspension would come with the 2nd ticket so i disputed it,
waited till my road test date came, got class 5,

and i still havent got court date yet. but it doesnt matter cuz i know im guilty, just too lazy to go and pay it.
simsimi1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #14
c32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

GO TO ICBC AND DISPUTE ALRDY!!!! after thats done u can take the test!!! USE SOME BRAINS MAN!!!

disputes take a while so the speeding ticket wont be on ur liscence till the court date is over
c32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #15
Banned By Establishment

I have booked the road test already. I am definately going to dispute it. My question is not whether I should or should not do the class 5 road test. I have already came to a conclusion in that regard. The question is whether or not I will lose my liscence if I do not complete my class 5 road test in time. My previous prohibition was 3 years ago. So, wouldn't I be past my "probation" period already?
JudeChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #16
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

You can possibly still lose your license, but, if you do lose it and you already got the Class 5, at least you'll not need to do the graduated license program all over again.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote