REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 05-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Question Hyosung

are they any good? they look ok from exterior but never heard about them just until I found this website.

they're pretty cheap too...

http://www.hyosungmotorsusa.com/

Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
B&S Sexy mod

I've heard they're kinda OK.
The 650cc v-twin is essentially a replica of the SV650 mill (or some have speculated that they're manufactured at the same place) but the bike itself isnt great for fit & finish and is cheaply produced
stevo911_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:40 AM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
hyosung = hyundai

something you would never drive it
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
I don't get it

i dont know much about the quality, but i can tell it is definitely mass produced. its everywhere in korea...and they are complete knockoffs of yamahas and hondas.

i also agree that the fit and finish isnt all that great.
Minata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:40 AM   #5
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I'm teaching Engrish in Korea and was thinking of buying the GT250R as my first bike. Never ridden a bike before and was thinking of learning here. What do you guys think of Hyosung's 250cc as a first bike?
Boinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinky View Post
I'm teaching Engrish in Korea and was thinking of buying the GT250R as my first bike. Never ridden a bike before and was thinking of learning here. What do you guys think of Hyosung's 250cc as a first bike?
here's a review that was done by MCN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkqDzeCVkX0

The hyosung is a nice bike but I prefer the ninja 250. Although I don't know how the pricing is on both the bikes in korea so maybe the hyosung could be better bang for the buck. Regardless I think you will get bored of 250cc and maybe you will want to upgrade down the road. But pick which ever one you want because I'm sure either one will be a good first bike to learn on.
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #7
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanks for the video and your input! Japanese bikes are harder to find in Korea and they usually cost A LOT more than in North America (and I'm talking about used bikes). I'll probably be here for another year at the most so I don't really care if the Hyosung falls apart a year later.
Boinky is offline   Reply With Quote