REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Is it too late to learn how to skate? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/577007-too-late-learn-how-skate.html)

RenoMan 05-26-2009 03:36 PM

Is it too late to learn how to skate?

I use to skate but as i grew up i dropped it. So my question is, being 21 now is it too late to learn how to skate and become a good skater. Where would you learn to skate is there classes out there.

RayBot 05-26-2009 05:04 PM

my friend started to ice skate last year....hes 29.

There are skating lessons out there, but jump into a public skate first. U said you used to skate, so it might just come back to you. If thats the case, no need for lessons. But if need so, there are adult classes i know in richmond. If you don't require it, then take power skating sessions....that will bring your skating to the next level. A lot of people here will recommend it and have good experiences with it. I used to do power skating when i was involved in minor hockey as well.

RRxtar 05-26-2009 05:22 PM

I was a terrible skater as a kid and never played hockey. Didnt really ever skate other than badly at public skating when I was a little kid.

fast forward to when I was 23, I spent a winter playing pond hockey and by the end of the winter I could skate well enough to keep up with quicker games. The year after, people would ask me how long I played hockey for. 3 years later, Im playing drop-in shinny and could probably play lower teir beer league and not suck

so to answer your question, no its not too late to learn how to skate

RiceIntegraRS 05-26-2009 05:48 PM

me 24 and my buddy 28 started skating last year for the first time ever cause we joined a beer league. and we were the fastest skaters on the team and were both top 5 in scoring in the league. so anyone can learn at anytime

Leopold Stotch 05-26-2009 07:16 PM

Just be ready to put time into it and it sucks at first so don't be discouraged

what might help is why you want to get back into skating?
Is it for Hockey? cause if that's so skate around for a few weeks or a month and then go to power skating .

i wish i went to power skating. makes you a much better skater.

GL

Keroleen 05-28-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilsonSo13 (Post 6438365)
I use to skate but as i grew up i dropped it. So my question is, being 21 now is it too late to learn how to skate and become a good skater. Where would you learn to skate is there classes out there.

never too late
some of the women in my hockey teams didnt learn to skate or play hockey until they are over 40

RayBot 05-28-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroleen (Post 6441327)
never too late
some of the women in my hockey teams didnt learn to skate or play hockey until they are over 40

So true exactly....who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Okay, that was bad...i'll shut up now. :(