REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
noob

Ear Wax not in my earhole but above it

Shits been bothering me for a long time but don't know what the heck is up with my ears. Everybody gets a little ear wax so its normal. Thats what Q-Tips are for. Thats all good but for some unfathomable reason I seem to get a huge build up of ear wax not in my ear hole but above it in that little ridge. I don't know the proper name for the spot.
Its annoying because I have to use like 5 Q-tips to dig out the shit that seems to love making its home there. Its not only annoying but embarassing if I don't clean it out cause people will obviously be able to see the wax.

I clean my ears with a Qtip once a week. I always clean my ears with soap when I have a shower. Do I have a weird condition that I don't know about?

AsBannedAsItGets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
HELP ME PLS!!!

try going for an ear candle treatment.

but once a week? i do it after each shower.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
Retired moderator

a Q-tip is actually a bad idea unless you're only drying the outer parts of your ear or that top ear part. The Q-tip will actually push more ear wax inside your ear.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
ear wax is very good for you ear and actually helps it from dust and sound. Your not supposted to clear it all the time.

Sounds like it from when you sleep next time just try to use a towel in the shower that should help it. If not go ask your doctor what to do best.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

He said it's not the earwax inside the ear canal, but the ridge on the outside..

The area called "concha"

I get that too, just wax buildup. Does it look like wax? I would just clean the area after a shower with a cloth or q-tips it'll take forever to clean it out if the stuff is dry.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #6
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
i get stuff there too..i thought it was just dried skin..meh
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:02 AM   #7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

The material accumulating outside your ear is not earwax, also called Cerumen.
Cerumen is a fatty oily material secreted by glands inside your outer ear canal just ahead of the ear drum.
Using a Q-Tip is a horrible idea, as it only allows removal of buildup around the edges, resulting in compression of earwax further in the canal.
The skin in the canal grows and naturally moves outward slowly, and this is usually sufficient for natural removal.

The stuff accumulating outside in that area is most likely oils accumulating, due likely to an overactive collection of oil glands. Not to be gross, but can you describe the stuff more? (e.g color, texture, smell, etc.)
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
noob

^ yeah the texture is definitely waxy/greasy. I don't really analyze it because I'm too focused in getting that shit out of my ears. Its nasty gross.
I guess I'm fortunate I don't have a bad case of ear hair.
I find that Q-Tips work the best. Sometimes I use tissues but thats only when I'm out of q-tips.
AsBannedAsItGets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #9
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

use a medicine dropper and drop some lukewarm water in the ear hole
get the water to come out and you should feel little better
if u go to a doctor they will do the same thing
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #10
Banned By Establishment

I often don't get dry skin, but I actually do get wax there.

I use a tiny stick to clean my ears, and have been doing that since i was a little kid. Very easy, and often can be used if you have an itchy ear. I clean inside, and out.

it's similar to this

http://www.jbox.com/SEARCH/Hand-made...ni_ear_Cleaner

but it has a fluffball (which i never use) where they have a charm.

I only ever got one, and my ex brought it back from the philippines for me...
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote