REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #76
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goo3 View Post
What's the difference between grass-fed and grain-fed cows? How is grass-fed better? I heard that grain-fed ones are.. fattier and tastier LOL.
Much like humans weren't meant to ever eat grains, neither were cows and other grazing animals. There is plenty of information out there, that grain fed cows are less nutritious (grass fed will be richer in Omega 3 fatty acids, have more vitamins, and more 'good' cholesterol). Not to mention the ethical issues of how grain fed animals are treated. I don't know about you, but I will never, ever become a vegetarian. But I do see a point from some vegetarians, that some animals are treated poorly to be raised as livestock for us to eat. Grain fed cows, who spend their lives sitting in cages being stuffed with unhealthy grains and starches to fatten up, are a sad case indeed. I have nothing against killing an animal to eat it, but I at least don't want it to be tortured for its entire life until then.

Here's some quick info on the subject. Do some googling, there is tons of information out there. Buy grass fed if you can!

Old 06-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #77
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
london drugs carry's real coconut milk that has no sugar added. Straight from nam i believe.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #78
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
freerange eggs > eggs i get at the market.

I get my eggs from a monastery i visit in the states once a month and they are absolutely THE BEST EGGS i have ever had.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #79
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
have u tried chinatown? on georgia street between kerr and main street. there is a store there that sells eggs exclusively, its like a couple stores down from the corner. my mom swears they are farm fresh free range (and yes, we double checked they arent fake, since u know all that fake shit and being from a chinese shop)

they do taste more "eggy" to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
freerange eggs > eggs i get at the market.

I get my eggs from a monastery i visit in the states once a month and they are absolutely THE BEST EGGS i have ever had.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #80
Rs has made me the man i am today!

SkinnyPupp: What kind of meat do you eat? Organic grass fed beef or the regular beef?

Goo3: search "toxic steaks" bt underground wellness on youtube and you will find the answer.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:10 AM   #81
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddy41 View Post
SkinnyPupp: What kind of meat do you eat? Organic grass fed beef or the regular beef?

Goo3: search "toxic steaks" bt underground wellness on youtube and you will find the answer.
The beef I buy is locally grown in Hong Kong. Unfortunately I don't really know what they feed them.. But I don't really have a choice, so I live with it. I do eat a shit ton of veggies, fruits, and fish, so I try to make up for the shitty quality of the food here.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #82
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,064 Times in 555 Posts
wow...why did it get some technical all of a sudden..
Old 08-11-2009, 02:45 AM   #83
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Whole grains are much better than the other crap they gave to kids such as captain crunch, with all the fiber kids will be pooping away.. its a better choice.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #84
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I think that before we jump directly to any conclusions regarding "what humans used to eat way back when", we should look at the common fallacy that states that what we used to do in the past is how we should do things now.

http://anthroslug.blogspot.com/2009/...n-fallacy.html

That's not to say that we can't go back and see what was eaten back then, and then test to see whether it works now. It's just that we can't use that argument as fact/proof that it is the be-all, end-all of nutritional guides.