REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 05-31-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
Jet
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Ruth's Chris 50% off Gift Cards

Not sure if anybody knows what Ruth's Chris is but its a steakhouse that I would say rivals the best steakhouses in the world ...

Price is about on par with places like Morton's, Hy's and Gotham's but blows them all away in terms steak quality ... I was pretty skeptical when I first heard about them, friend keeps nagging at me to try it out ... the closest one we have here is down in Bellevue, WA and so I went to try it out, ordered the Porterhouse for 2 and eating the fillet part for the first time, I've never had meat literally melt in your mouth like that ... they don't actually add anything to the steaks, just age and season them and it comes out in a crazy hot plate ... and all you have on your plate (which is also crazy hot) is melted butter ...

Just found this on RFD, they have a one week sale on their gift cards ... for $44 you get an $88 gift card ... it says only in certain locations you can buy them (2 in Ontario) but that's only if you do walk in, you can order them online from anywhere and you can also use them in any Ruth's Chris place in the world except Hong Kong (a friend called in to ask, sucks for him since he's in HK) ... limit 10 gift cards ...

If you haven't tried out RC before, this is as good as any to try it out ...

http://www.ruthschris.ca/email/GC/index_ca.html
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
I don't get it

I've been to the one at San Diego waterfront. Good sauteed scallops ($15 or so), mediocre rib steak for about USD$45. Maybe it was an off-night but I thought it was a little overrated.
rouentahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #3
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
It's weird how they only mention the two Ontario locations and at the end says that they redeemable at any location lol
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
It seems to get 'ok' reviews in general online.

I wanted to try it out in Calgary, but the reviews don't seem to be good haha.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
Resident Bullshitter

i still think morton's is better
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

1 1/2 day promotion...ended 15mins ago

Quoted from website :

Due to an overwhelming response we have had to end our $88 for $44 gift card promotion early.

Effective Immediately - Wednesday, June 2nd @ 2:30 pm this offer is no longer valid.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #7
Jet
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I've tried Mortons and they are good but comparing both porterhouse for 2 side by side, Ruth's Chris totally wins over, Mortons was just okay and RC uses a hell of a better oven to make the steaks, that thing is gigantic, I think you can ask them to see it too if they aren't too busy ...

It was posted on RFD so I guess the RFD effect strikes again ... 50% off is a killer deal ...
Old 06-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #8
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender Unit View Post
1 1/2 day promotion...ended 15mins ago

Quoted from website :

Due to an overwhelming response we have had to end our $88 for $44 gift card promotion early.

Effective Immediately - Wednesday, June 2nd @ 2:30 pm this offer is no longer valid.
yeah wtf
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote