REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

got into an accident today, no witness = 50/50?

got into an accident today at richmond.. i was going straight in an intersection when this car hit me as she was turning right.. my light was green at the time.. it was her fault but now she said it's my fault.. she can't even speak english too.. some gal from a business had to come out and translate to her..

if there is no witness, icbc usually give a 50/50?

btw, do we not have to go to icbc claim center and see an adjuster now?? i called icbc today and they just ask me to go straight to a body shop..
i had an accident before but i had to go to icbc claim center and let them see the damage.. and explain what happened..
Advertisement

Last edited by thebigbea55; 06-02-2009 at 10:00 PM.
thebigbea55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

more details please

In a situation like this it's gotta be somebody's fault.
bimmer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
what intersection, going what direction, what colour were the traffic lights. draw pictures if you think they will be legible.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
did she have stop sign? which intersection was this?
if there wasnt a stop sign, then it would be treated as 4 way stop which i assume she arrived first or at the same time as u, she has the right of way
if she had the stop sign then it's obviously her fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
did she have stop sign? which intersection was this?
if there wasnt a stop sign, then it would be treated as 4 way stop which i assume she arrived first or at the same time as u, she has the right of way
if she had the stop sign then it's obviously her fault.
wow so many replies already... i had the green light when i was going straight.. it was near lansdowne mall where that mcdonalds is..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
what intersection, going what direction, what colour were the traffic lights. draw pictures if you think they will be legible.
my friend said if no witness, we can say whatever we want so hard to win..
Old 06-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

I think he means he got to an intersection with traffic lights on every side. His light was probably green, he went straight through. Lady drove up to traffic light going perpindicular to him but is taking a right turn at the traffic light. Her light is obviously red, but she can take a right turn if the way is clear. The way obviously isn't clear as this guy is driving through. They collide. If this is the case, then it would be her fault.

That's what I think he's saying.
ELITE_TRAYUNZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE_TRAYUNZE View Post
I think he means he got to an intersection with traffic lights on every side. His light was probably green, he went straight through. Lady drove up to traffic light going perpindicular to him but is taking a right turn at the traffic light. Her light is obviously red, but she can take a right turn if the way is clear. The way obviously isn't clear as this guy is driving through. They collide. If this is the case, then it would be her fault.

That's what I think he's saying.
yup.. tha'ts about it... but with no witness, pretty much hard to prove who is right or wrong??? my whole side of the car was damaged.. her car was only the front left bumper..
Old 06-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #8
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
how is it possible that in that busy part of richmond, there were NO witnesses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #9
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Wouldn't they make it her fault? I mean they'd pretty much have to argue you ran a red light to place any blame on you. You're driving straight and she's the one who is to proceed when it's clear. I had an accident exactly like this 10 years ago, 100% the car making the turns fault.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #10
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
kinda off topic, but just for the future you should look into this.
you would've been saved this time too.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/drivi....html?t=566442
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #11
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
the lady can be a bitch and turn the story around and claims he ran a red or late yellow which will deem to be his fault i believe.

but if the lady sticks to the story that she turned on a red, then its 100% her fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #12
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Yeah, the only way you could even be partly at fault is if she argues you ran a red light, because otherwise the onus would be on her to make sure it's clear before turning right. Hope she's stupid and decides to use some other argument instead...
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:55 PM   #13
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
the lady can be a bitch and turn the story around and claims he ran a red or late yellow which will deem to be his fault i believe.

but if the lady sticks to the story that she turned on a red, then its 100% her fault.
Ya, that might be the case. This shit anoys me so bad I can't stand people who lie when in an accident.

I think the problem is many parents don't do a good job of teaching their kids morals, right and wrong and how to take responsibilty for actions. I'm far from perfect and I make mistakes from time to time, I never ever place the blame on others. If I fuck up at work I'll be the first one to admit it is my mistake and do whatever I have to do to fix it. I work with people who will pass the buck every chance they get, I hate this quality in people. I'm ranting now but seriously shit happens, when it's your fault own it. [/rant]

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:58 PM   #14
RS controls my life!

I had a similar situation in my supra...I was driving straight through an intersection and some hindu lady decided to do a left turn and we collided. ICBC found it was her fault...in most cases it's the person whos turning that gets screwed. You have right of way as your going straight.
mas604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #15
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

It's sketchy if there aren't any witnesses. It becomes your word versus hers. She simple needs to say that you ran a red and it becomes 50/50.

It's sad that most people construe a red light to mean "proceed with caution" when they are turning right. It means coming to a full stop. Nothing less.

Hopefully, she does say that you ran a stale yellow. That would mean her light was red and she would be completely at fault for failing to stop and/or yield.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #16
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
how is it possible that in that busy part of richmond, there were NO witnesses?
There got to be witnesses. It's just they don't want to get involved or they don't care.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:29 PM   #17
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigbea55 View Post
got into an accident today at richmond.. i was going straight in an intersection when this car hit me as she was turning right.. my light was green at the time.. it was her fault but now she said it's my fault.. she can't even speak english too.. some gal from a business had to come out and translate to her..

enough is said.
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #18
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
start posting notices around that area to get witnesses,
Also if u know any friends in that area (sneaky sneaky, RS members probably know tons of ppl in richmond neways) say they were biking by or walking past etc, when they saw it.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:41 PM   #19
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

There is no way ICBC will fine you at fault even if you ran a red since the damage is to the SIDE of your car. She pretty much drove into you.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:08 AM   #20
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Quote:
enough is said.
Agreed. You win, provide that evidence and she is at fault 100%
ELITE_TRAYUNZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:06 AM   #21
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,179 Times in 301 Posts
u shudve fone the cops whn the accident happened
boatcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:37 AM   #22
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
This is such a silly incident. Honestly.

I mean I had an accident before and anyone with any sense of logic and understood physics, could of easily figured it out. But I got the 50/50 anyway.

Quote:
yup.. tha'ts about it... but with no witness, pretty much hard to prove who is right or wrong??? my whole side of the car was damaged.. her car was only the front left bumper..

I wouldn't even need to hear the testimony. The damage says it all.

Fact: Lady's car has damage on her front bumper. OP's car has damage on the side of his car. Conclusion: Lady driver basically T-boned him.

I mean I don't know... she can say you ran a red, but the fact is she still turned into you. So if you were running a red, then conclusion is, she purposely ran into you despite seeing the intersection wasn't clear... so wtf?? Either way, it doesn't make logical sense on her side...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:50 AM   #23
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

they'll rule it's her fault for sure
scheng924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:56 AM   #24
I STILL don't get it

sometimes ICBC can look at the way the car is damaged to sort of re-picture the moment it happend, i had the same incident where i was going straight on green, and some lady turning left on opposite direction and hit me, damage was in my left front fender and for her it was the whole front bumper, ICBC some how came to the conclusion base on the fact she was turning and the point of damage.

i dunno how they came to the conclusion about the point of damage.. but they got their ways thru.
Evolutionian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:05 AM   #25
I don't get it

They will rule her fault for sure. She has to wait for clear before she turns right.
ryugeeh is offline   Reply With Quote