REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 06-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,317 Times in 5,637 Posts
Octoberfest in Germany?

Anyone ever been? On the verge of booking a trip with 4 others for 2.5-3 weeks to go to Europe and attend octoberfest
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
good luck buddy
my gf is from there and she said u need to book 1 yr ahead cause everything is booked, FULLY booked.
onceu get in u dont get out cause it's so hard.
bring lots of money.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #3
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,317 Times in 5,637 Posts
just acomadations or what?
Old 06-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
I don't get it

Accommodations could be tight. But you could also stay in Salzburg Austria, and daytrip to Munich using the Bayern Ticket for cheap (28 euros), since it's valid for up to 5 ppl.
rouentahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #5
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
good luck buddy
my gf is from there and she said u need to book 1 yr ahead cause everything is booked, FULLY booked.
onceu get in u dont get out cause it's so hard.
bring lots of money.
That is ones opinion and I would not let this deter me in going or not.

+1 to rouentahl's suggestion.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,047 Times in 551 Posts
cant afford.. would love to go though..
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:28 AM   #7
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
I was there last year. I spent one night in Munich and then headed into Austria and hit up Salzberg and then Vienna. Most of them had something going on for Oktoberfest so unless you had a specific city in mind, keep your options open.
Truthfully, what I'd recommend is seeing whats available on Craigslist (if you can't get a hotel). Just like Mardi Gras and the 2010 Olympics there'll be bound to be people profiteering off of folks just like yourself who can't find accommodation.

The good thing is that the Germans are notoriously awesome and friendly so you'll probably get your money's worth if you go for a B&B. German food is the best.

If you're going for a few weeks don't waste your time in one place. The close proximity to, well, everything makes for some awesome road trips. Berlin and Munich are about a three hour drive from Prague (but you'll thank me when you see the Czech women) and if you're feeling like an extended drive you can always head south and reach the north end of Italy.

Rent a car. Drive. You will enjoy what you see.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:36 AM   #8

Easiest way -> book a Contiki tour that hits up Munich during the festival.
Oh, and make sure there are some (hot) Asian girls in your group. Your group will then get to skip the ENTIRE freaking line. (one of the few times racial discrimination WORKS)

I know someone who did this, and the group got in after a minute or two. Nobody else on that bus made it in even after lining up all day.

Munich -> if it's your thing, visit the BMW Factory (they build 3-series there) tour, though it needs to be booked months in advance. Hopefully you're not too late. A quick train ride away is Ingolstadt (where Audi builds their A4), as well as Stuttgart (Porsche, and Mercedes-Benz C-class).

Last edited by slammer111; 06-29-2009 at 04:52 AM.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:30 AM   #9
I don't get it

Find a german family to take you in ... lol

My friends all go back for Octoberfest and most of them rent the tents .. so the whole family is pretty much shit faced 24-7 lol

Yea you should find accomedation outside of Munich and just train it in if possible. Make friends with a family or group who already have a tent then boom no line up!!!!
imiaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #10
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
If you're going for a few weeks don't waste your time in one place. The close proximity to, well, everything makes for some awesome road trips. Berlin and Munich are about a three hour drive from Prague (but you'll thank me when you see the Czech women) and if you're feeling like an extended drive you can always head south and reach the north end of Italy.

Rent a car. Drive. You will enjoy what you see.
+1
i goto prague frequently....czech and slovak women are ridiculously hot (well...higher likelihood than alot of other places....i think its the tanning and lots of walking along with some good genetics.)...Anybody been to Hungary?
ah...btw; if anybodys heading to prague and needs help/info...pm me.
ajei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #11

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
Just booked my ticket to go to Germany for Oktoberfest. Planning on starting off in Berlin and renting a car. Check out a few cities before ending off in Munich for Oktoberfest. Any tips or suggestions from people who have gone to Germany before?
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:13 PM   #12
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajei View Post
+1
i goto prague frequently....czech and slovak women are ridiculously hot (well...higher likelihood than alot of other places....i think its the tanning and lots of walking along with some good genetics.)...Anybody been to Hungary?
ah...btw; if anybodys heading to prague and needs help/info...pm me.
you go to praque freq? my gf and I are planning for next yr, any tips would definitely help me out. let me know what I need to know.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote