REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Where do you Tune Up your Bicycle? I'm looking for a place

hey guys. so i went to a bike shop on commercial and it's $65 just for a tune up. granted, it's a 53 point inspection and all that jazz but i'm looking to pay $20-25

where do you guys go?
or if you do it yourself, would you mind looking at my bike?

i just need the front and rear brakes re-adjusted and to look at my gears.
as the tech at the bike shop said that's all that i needed tuning. my brake pads were find he said.

thanks!
Advertisement
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

snowcovers

-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
she's a whore. you're a loser.
in the garage:
'05 Dodge Ram 2500
'06 BMW 530i
'08 Chevy Equinox LT
the_rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
You can check out Bike Doctor.

http://www.thebikedr.com/

They have 2 locations (Vancouver and Burnaby) and the Burnaby one has been around for years so I guess business has to be good.

[edit] I just called them cause my bike needs a tune up and the person on the phone said it costs $50 and it'll take a couple of days because they're extremely busy right now due to the excellent weather we've been having.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
You can check out Bike Doctor.

http://www.thebikedr.com/

They have 2 locations (Vancouver and Burnaby) and the Burnaby one has been around for years so I guess business has to be good.

[edit] I just called them cause my bike needs a tune up and the person on the phone said it costs $50 and it'll take a couple of days because they're extremely busy right now due to the excellent weather we've been having.
Take it to Dunbar Cycles, great people who work there and they're actually bike enthusiasts. I went to Bike Doctor before I was serious about biking and it was mediocre, but Dunbar Cycles is a good reputable shop. I take my bike to Cove bikes now, but thats because I have a Cove and get deals there.
BrendanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,027 Times in 547 Posts
i take it to bike doctor cuz it liek across the street.. but ya.. do have to agree with Dunbar Cycles though
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote