REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   So You Think You Can Dance - Season 5 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/578173-so-you-think-you-can-dance-season-5-a.html)

Laundry 06-05-2009 04:23 AM

So You Think You Can Dance - Season 5

Anyone watching? Top 20 was revealed on thursday...

I'm officially throwing my support to Evan Kasprzak.

bsftong 06-05-2009 06:25 AM

sucks for the guy who had a contract with some ballet company, but I guess a contract is a contract.

Phillip Chbeeb gets my vote (as of right now) I can see him doing well outside of his genre

akira112 06-05-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsftong (Post 6452507)
sucks for the guy who had a contract with some ballet company, but I guess a contract is a contract.

Phillip Chbeeb gets my vote (as of right now) I can see him doing well outside of his genre

Too bad, he was a vancouver boy.

RacePace 06-05-2009 07:29 AM

Go Asuka :D

bsftong 06-05-2009 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6452536)
Go Asuka :D

:thumbsup: :D

urrh 06-05-2009 08:18 AM

looking forward to the season!
i can't remember any names yet... but i do love when they find out they're top 20

i wonder if the canadian version will air right after this one... the timing seems right

JKam 06-05-2009 06:27 PM

go asuka! too bad ricky didn't make it..

i was pretty sad when that guy couldn't get into the top 20 becuase of the contract...

cheering for phillip too, he does some crazy waves.

Another favourite is that guy who's always smiling. The one that Mia doesn't like.

Ilagon 06-05-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKam (Post 6453278)
go asuka! too bad ricky didn't make it..

i was pretty sad when that guy couldn't get into the top 20 becuase of the contract...

cheering for phillip too, he does some crazy waves.

Another favourite is that guy who's always smiling. The one that Mia doesn't like.

I think his name is Brandon. I personally am routing for him too.

Here's a link to the guy with the contract, he's under Principal Soloists:

http://www.miamicityballet.org/super_human.php

FlyNvBaller 06-06-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilagon (Post 6453600)
I think his name is Brandon. I personally am routing for him too.

Here's a link to the guy with the contract, he's under Principal Soloists:

http://www.miamicityballet.org/super_human.php

That guy is Alex Wong, I believe he went to Magee

dark0821 06-08-2009 10:40 AM

its ok.. i watch it on youtube during work xD

Not really racist! 06-08-2009 03:40 PM

rooting for brandon and asuka!

waddy41 06-10-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyNvBaller (Post 6454161)
That guy is Alex Wong, I believe he went to Magee

OOOOHH that's why he looks so familiar...i went to school with him

carisear 06-10-2009 06:59 PM

my friend took ballet with him ... she said she has lotsa home vids of him :P

Not really racist! 06-10-2009 07:07 PM

pretty good episode today..

started off with a great performance :D

JKam 06-10-2009 07:40 PM

wow tyce didn't give asuka and vitolio a good routine... sucks for them.

urrh 06-10-2009 08:10 PM

so far, the first routine is my fave

JKam 06-10-2009 08:20 PM

Mary is on drugs too..

Ronin 06-10-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urrh (Post 6452576)
looking forward to the season!
i can't remember any names yet... but i do love when they find out they're top 20

i wonder if the canadian version will air right after this one... the timing seems right

The Canadian version sucks ass. The judges love everything...the camera-work is shoddy, and the talent is just not up to par.

I'm really liking this season but it's very clear that some couples aren't getting great luck when it comes to the routines they get. I mean, the first Tabitha and Napoleon routine that Philip and his partner got was amazing but the one that the second couple got was average at best.

Laundry 06-11-2009 01:48 PM

Favorite routines:

1. Jeanine Mason Phillip Chbeeb Hip-hop
4. Randi Evans Evan Kasprzak Jazz
9.Melissa Sandvig Ade Obayomi Contemporary
10. Kayla Radomski Max Kapitannikov Samba

Overall great start, I think there wasn't really luck involved in picking routines, almost all couples got the style that one of its members specialize in... Asuka and Vitolio were one of the ones that didn't and it kinda sucked...but the other ones that didn't, stepped it up (bollywood, foxtrot)...

bsftong 06-11-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 6460704)
The Canadian version sucks ass. The judges love everything...the camera-work is shoddy, and the talent is just not up to par.

I'm really liking this season but it's very clear that some couples aren't getting great luck when it comes to the routines they get. I mean, the first Tabitha and Napoleon routine that Philip and his partner got was amazing but the one that the second couple got was average at best.

I think the talent of dancers in Canada is more at par with the states, compared to singers (American/Canadian Idol), but maybe I'm just being bias :p

I really liked the 1st hip hop routine, jazz, and bollywood.

Caitlin's mannerisms remind me of Chloe from 24...lol

Ronin 06-11-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsftong (Post 6461499)
I think the talent of dancers in Canada is more at par with the states, compared to singers (American/Canadian Idol), but maybe I'm just being bias :p

They're really, really not. If you watch the auditions for the Canadian show, their movements aren't as precise or as fluid (for the most part) as the American show. If you are an avid viewer of the show, you'd notice.

Either way, the production quality of the Canadian show is WAAAAAY below.

carisear 06-11-2009 06:35 PM

canada has only had 1 season -- did you watch the 1st season of SYTYCD usa? ... i know i didn't so i can't compare :P BUT from what others have said, comparing the 1st season to now (4th season at the time) was like apples and oranges.

I know i thought the canadian version was definitely weaker ... but i'll still be watching the 2nd season.

and i hate leah miller. she sucks ass. she's only good when i have the tv on mute. oh and tre too as a judge. can't stand her. she's so 'meh'. oh and also the choreographers are WEAK.

as for the show last night -- i really liked the 1st hip hop, and then the contemporary with ade.

i think tabitha and napo are fucking dope when they do choreo to ballads!

carisear 06-11-2009 06:36 PM

oh forgot to add i LOVED The bollywood routine! that was prolly my favorite one of the night

Gumby 06-16-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carisear (Post 6461750)
and i hate leah miller. she sucks ass. she's only good when i have the tv on mute. oh and tre too as a judge. can't stand her. she's so 'meh'. oh and also the choreographers are WEAK.

Hey - I happen to think Leah Miller is HOT. But yeah putting her on mute is recommended. :D

Ronin 06-16-2009 12:10 PM

Leah Miller is HOT as fuck but her commentary is terrible, she's not funny and she seems to love everything. Cat Deeley supports every dancer but doesn't coddle them and has much more personality.

Yes, I did watch season 1. The host that season was terrible too but the talent, routines, etc, were of excellent quality. Season 2 was even better and it has gotten better every season since.

However, the Canadian one is just weak overall. The choreographer talent just isn't there unless they pull in the big guns from the US like Wade Robson, Tyce D'orio, etc.