REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   WTF, sudden wave of nausia while doing squats. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/578198-wtf-sudden-wave-nausia-while-doing-squats.html)

Ulic Qel-Droma 06-05-2009 09:59 AM

WTF, sudden wave of nausia while doing squats.

so in the past 3.5 years, this has only happened twice, and it happened again today.

legs day, i start off by warming up, by the time i get to my 3rd set, i feel way more sweaty than usual, and my rest time is fucking long, like i felt so tired, and then i got up to do a 4th set and i was just like, nah there's no fucking way, i almost couldnt make it back to the locker room, felt like i was gonna puke, i was all sweaty (more than usual) and i felt like iwas gonna pass out.

exactly what happened a few years ago. it's not the temperature or anything that i can think of. i usually push pretty hard for leg day.

man hardest drive home, felt like i was drunk, i had the flu, and the fever. got home, passed out and 2 hours later im okay.

wtf!? has this happened to any of you guys? way to mess up my leg day, i might go back again tonight. haha.

L0uie69 06-05-2009 10:17 AM

ate less than usual? maybe dehydrated?

hal0g0dv2 06-05-2009 11:27 AM

could be the heat, did u eat b4 u went to the gym

abinga 06-05-2009 12:17 PM

I know at least 3 people who had the same experience while working out this week. I have theory's but am not sure what it is.

Ulic Qel-Droma 06-05-2009 01:36 PM

hm, i ate 50minutes before the gym, just a light meal and i was plenty hydrated cuz i pissed 2 times before the gym and pissed once at the gym and i downed like 500ml water JUST during those 3 sets. i usually down 750ml in an hour at the gym. yeah my body told me i needed that water though, i felt like.. fuck i felt really bad.

Jer3 06-05-2009 01:46 PM

i use to get that early on when i started to workout. not sure the exact cause but i would say its over-exhaustion. i got over it after a few months as it became less frequent and now i never get it anymore.

SizzleChest 06-05-2009 02:42 PM

sounds like early signs of shock. do you hold your breath between reps? did it feel like cold (or cool) sweat?

Ulic Qel-Droma 06-05-2009 03:05 PM

no i always exhale as i contract and inhale when i relax.

well it was really hot at first, obviously cuz it's a hot day and i usually sweat when i do squats anyways, but i kept sweating and it was cool.

Timpo 06-05-2009 03:07 PM

that's what happend to me before as well...

I was doing the Stairmaster for like 10 minutes, then I felt like I was gonna puke and drunk.
I waited for like 15 minutes and didn't get any better, So I had to go home...and while walking towards home I had to stop walking several times and kinda had to go on my knee and hand for few seconds because I felt like I was gonna puke.

if you don't know what stair master is, this is what it looks like...it's meant for cardio but the motion is sort of like squats.
anyways, I went home and had a nap for couple hours and I felt fine.
http://www.globalfitness.com/images/...tepper_lrg.jpg

Ulic Qel-Droma 06-05-2009 03:10 PM

yeah i basically felt like that.

f00tzilla 06-05-2009 03:33 PM

could be caused by build up of lactic acid from your workout.. too much lactic acid may cause 'exercise induced nausea'

had this once before.. when i went to the locker room i decided to drink my afterworkout protein shake and i puked.. not cool :(

SizzleChest 06-05-2009 05:27 PM

you're not taking ephedra are you???

SkinnyPupp 06-05-2009 09:31 PM

Sounds like dehydration to me. If you pissed 3 times in 50 minutes, and were thirsty enough after that to down half a litre of water, you are probably dehydrated.

eclipseman 06-06-2009 01:03 AM

lactic acid build up. It happens...some people even say squat til you puke, but realistically, just take more time in between sets. It's not uncommon.

fliptuner 06-06-2009 10:56 AM

I agree with all 3 comments.

It was pretty hot out.
Good chance of still being dehydrated.
Quads are your biggest muscle group.

Combine the 3 = :drool :dizzy:

ajei 06-07-2009 03:10 PM

happened to me 2 times as well....always when i squat heavy; i believe it occured when i was trying to get back into working out after a 2week or more break. I'd second the lactic acid suggestion. happened to me on the press...felt like puking, then went to lie on a bench for 20 min cause my eyes started seeing black/stars....then just drank some water and left as i didn't think i should be lifting heavy objects anymore

will068 06-08-2009 06:47 PM

That happened to me a couple of times nearing the end of a workout. I think it was just exhaustion/ exerting too much out myself. Either that or the wrestling team just wreaked like crazy when I was working out at the Bog (@ SFU) at that time.

I had to sit down for 20 minutes. I felt like I was going to throw up the whole time. A footballer player passed by and said "hey, I see you had and intense work out... that's awesome".... I was like http://www.majhost.com/gallery/ispea...2/kobe_wtf.gif

Edit: It was a leg day work out as well... first time I reached 3 plates for squats at that time.

B-DiZzLe 06-08-2009 07:10 PM

I've gotten this almost every summer, not this year YET, but i'm sure i'll get it. I have come to the conclusion that it's the combination of the heat/dehydration/nutrition/sleep. I think the heat plays the biggest part here, so I would suggest keeping yourself extremely hydrated and make sure you had a full meal to eat. I have also noticed that if I dont get enough sleep I'll feel quite nausiated as well.

SkinnyPupp 06-08-2009 08:28 PM

People who push themselves to exhaustion and vomiting = idiots

hal0g0dv2 06-08-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6457212)
People who push themselves to exhaustion and vomiting = idiots

gotta get that heart rate up some how

SkinnyPupp 06-08-2009 10:49 PM

Do jumping jacks for 5 minutes