REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Kingspark, Richmond - Do not go here! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/578201-kingspark-richmond-do-not-go-here.html)

TalonTurbo 06-05-2009 10:20 AM

Kingspark, Richmond - Do not go here!

Worst Service EVER

I went there for breakfast and no one offered to seat me.

I sat down, waited for about 10 minutes before I was able to flag down a server. I asked for a menu and as she is walking to get it she mutters "Next time you wait to be seated".

I was stunned! I responded "If there was someone to take me to a seat, I would've waited."

Disgusted with the attitude, I got up and walked out. On my way out, I told her to enjoy working here for the next 10 years.

carmaniac 06-05-2009 10:24 AM

How long did you wait to be seated?

TalonTurbo 06-05-2009 10:27 AM

Good 5-7 Minutes

carmaniac 06-05-2009 10:34 AM

I personally would have waited a bit longer. But yea, Kingspark is bad for service, seems like they're always chatting with each other at the register.

If you want good Chinese Western food, try Cattle Cafe on Alexandra. Although be sure to order in Chinese or point out what u want on the menu, the servers' English is quite poor.

TalonTurbo 06-05-2009 10:38 AM

The main point I'm stressing is that as a paying customer in a restaurant - regardless if I seat myself or not, that kind of snarky comment is ridiculous from a server.

q0192837465 06-05-2009 02:30 PM

Is that a younger or older person who served u? My guess is an older one cuz the young ones usually have great services.

Not really racist! 06-05-2009 03:13 PM

I normally have a good time when I go to Kingspark... but I never go for breakfast so I dunno abt the morning.

achiam 06-05-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalonTurbo (Post 6452697)
Worst Service EVER

Disgusted with the attitude, I got up and walked out. On my way out, I told her to enjoy working here for the next 10 years.

That was ..... COLDDD BLODDDEDDDDDD

albert116 06-05-2009 03:27 PM

what did the server look like?

was it the Chinese girl?

There is a skinny and pale looking Chinese guy there that usually give pretty decent service.

bbbj 06-05-2009 10:17 PM

I always go to kings park.. never had any problems there and the food is good. its true that sometimes the waiters don't see you or even pretend not to see you but every hk style cafe is like that.. KINGS PARK IS THE SHIT

Cman333 06-06-2009 09:18 AM

I go there, service is mediocre. Usually have to flag ppl to down to take my order. But other than that, it's not bad IMO.

Gnomes 06-07-2009 01:55 PM

Service is not superb but food is great and fair price too. I go there for the food, not for service. I admit, I never been there for breakfast though, only dinner.

quasi 06-07-2009 09:41 PM

At least you did the right thing and left. I hate shitty service I don't care what restaurant it is. I'm not saying a server should kiss your ass but they should be polite at worst. Treat people how you want to be treated and don't be a bitch or a cock. Good on you for calling her out to. I try and be nice to people but if they flip the bitch switch on me I'm bringing it back 3 times worse and right in their face I'm not mumbling it under my breath.

keifun 06-07-2009 11:22 PM

where is this place.?

The only HK cafes I go to are all in Vancouver. haha

B-DiZzLe 06-07-2009 11:40 PM

IMO Kingspark has better service than some chinese cafe's and the food is better hands down.

The service is not great but I have seen a lot worse, the only person I have a problem with at Kingspark is the dude with the honger hairdue, super scronny and smiles like a retard. When I ordered I specifically spoke in english, I said the name of the plate AND the order number (eg. A 8 ) and he writes it down and when the food comes it wasn't what i ordered. So I told him and he brought out the slip that he wrote down and said "you see, this is what you ordered" and pointed it out on the menu. I said "that's what you wrote down, not what i ordered, there is a clear difference between what is written down and I ordered, dont get them mixed up" He shakes his head and walks away to get my correct order. This is the only dude I have a problem with, the others are often pretty good.

dark0821 06-08-2009 11:03 AM

lol.. i guess.. well.. youa re going to an asian restaurant.. being asian myself.. i dun realli expect much in the service part.. i am there for the food.. thats it..

TalonTurbo 06-09-2009 08:58 AM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasi (Post 6455797)
At least you did the right thing and left. I hate shitty service I don't care what restaurant it is. I'm not saying a server should kiss your ass but they should be polite at worst. Treat people how you want to be treated and don't be a bitch or a cock. Good on you for calling her out to. I try and be nice to people but if they flip the bitch switch on me I'm bringing it back 3 times worse and right in their face I'm not mumbling it under my breath.

TalonTurbo 06-09-2009 09:04 AM

There is a difference between no service and bad service.

I also do not think because it is an asian restaurant that it is exempt from its responsibility to provide appropriate service to a customer.

In this case, it was a server mouthing off rudely to a customer, that is not acceptable in any place of business, by any standard.

cho 06-10-2009 10:03 AM

i used to be a server at school (vcc) and these 2 caucasian guys were making fun of this girl in our class (yan-yan) saying stuff like " go back to f-ing china you can't even pour wine"

...security was there within minutes

dark0821 06-10-2009 12:47 PM

man.. like seriously.. servers become tired of the same shit over time i guess

wahyinghung 06-11-2009 12:04 AM

The only 2 HK style cafes I would go to in Richmond is either e-canteen or Kingspark wouldn't even bother with the rest....... As for the service there is pretty much minimal service in these HK style cafe and I am pretty much use to it by now.

Teriyaki 06-11-2009 06:07 PM

No one is going to bring up the infamous dude that works at Alleluia? Everyone I talk to knows of the guy and his "service".

Synapz 06-11-2009 06:56 PM

they're not expecting a good tip, or even a tip sometimes, why would u give u good service?

sas 06-11-2009 07:21 PM

What is a HK Cafe? I'm imagining a Chinese Tim Hortons? Never even knew we had these cafe's

Not really racist! 06-11-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahyinghung (Post 6460776)
The only 2 HK style cafes I would go to in Richmond is either e-canteen or Kingspark wouldn't even bother with the rest....... As for the service there is pretty much minimal service in these HK style cafe and I am pretty much use to it by now.

I'm never going back to e-canteen because of the horrible experience I had...