REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Throwing _______ out of car while driving in front of A hole driver? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/578422-throwing-_______-out-car-while-driving-front-hole-driver.html)

AVS_Racing 06-07-2009 09:51 PM

Throwing _______ out of car while driving in front of A hole driver?

heres a situation that ive encountered today, so there was a a hole driving and swerving in and out of lanes, cutting off other drivers, speeding.

lets say im driving in front of the car that is swerving and i pour out some motor oil on the road, sand, nails, bricks etc. and some how that driver crashes. will i get in trouble or its purely that drivers fault. :confused:

Eff-1 06-07-2009 10:04 PM

lol

Raid3n 06-07-2009 10:27 PM

haha, who do you think you are? James Bond?

AVS_Racing 06-07-2009 10:40 PM

well just out of curiosity cuz ive heard of a story where a person was cut off and almost rear ended the car in front so he drove next the the car (that cut him off) and threw a steering wheel lock at the car and dented it lol

SumAznGuy 06-07-2009 10:45 PM

I'm going to assume you are serious. Well, the accident was a direct result of you dumping/pouring something on the road whether it be oil, sand, nails, etc...
If there were witnesses or proof that those things came from your car, I see ICBC pinning the fault of the accident on you.

As for trouble from the police, I can see them giving you a littering ticket if they can prove it. Maybe some other charges like vehicular assalt maybe?

Five-Oh 06-07-2009 10:51 PM

I'd say ICBC would probably find you at fault for the accident so you would have to pay for it. Plus you could probably be charged criminally with mischief, criminal negligence, etc.

Aggressive drivers should not be on the road, but if you do something stupid like that you are no better than them.

mickz 06-07-2009 11:00 PM

Pretend it's Mario Kart and throw some banana peels.

Preemo 06-07-2009 11:53 PM

Usually with idiots like that i box them in.

TheSalesman 06-08-2009 12:21 AM

ummmm the cops couldn't help me at all when something like this happened...not while i was driving but my ex gf brother smashed my rear window while i was in the car....i came out of my car and he was running away with all his friends. So I called the cops and icbc and in the end, i had to pay for it myself. No charges were laid and nothing happened with them because they said they didn't doit. whatever...

greendb7 06-08-2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druggie (Post 6456003)
ummmm the cops couldn't help me at all when something like this happened...not while i was driving but my ex gf brother smashed my rear window while i was in the car....i came out of my car and he was running away with all his friends. So I called the cops and icbc and in the end, i had to pay for it myself. No charges were laid and nothing happened with them because they said they didn't doit. whatever...

did you kick his butt or what?

TheSalesman 06-08-2009 12:46 AM

nope....i was about to meet up with him cause he said he will pay me back to get it fixed...so i brought a few friends with me..like 3...and he had a car full of guys with him. Saw him go around the block and never came back...so i called him and he said im not gonna pay u now cause u got your big friends with you. He was probably planning on jumping me anyways. So one of his friends that were in the car with him, says hes gonna call his brother right now and hes gonna kill us. So we waited and they don't show up. sooo yeah....thats all.

simsimi1004 06-08-2009 01:17 AM

^^ offtopic* just reading ur nickname and only the post above, makes it sound like a drug deal straight out of a movie lol

whats the fine for just regular littering, not hitting any cars.

TheSalesman 06-08-2009 02:11 AM

lol...funny thing is i never even done drugs before...=/
not even tried smoking weed...but people always assume that im a drug dealer or look like I blaze but i dont. That's how i got the nickname lol
besides, what kinda drug deal would involve calling the cops? lol the cops won't help you there....

Quote:

Originally Posted by simsimi1004 (Post 6456052)
^^ offtopic* just reading ur nickname and only the post above, makes it sound like a drug deal straight out of a movie lol

sho_bc 06-08-2009 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druggie (Post 6456079)
lol...funny thing is i never even done drugs before...=/
not even tried smoking weed...but people always assume that im a drug dealer or look like I blaze but i dont. That's how i got the nickname lol

And thats something you're proud of?

Quote:

besides, what kinda drug deal would involve calling the cops? lol the cops won't help you there....
You'd be surprised. Kind of like when people who have grow ops in their house call 911.

TheSalesman 06-08-2009 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho_bc (Post 6456107)
And thats something you're proud of?

You'd be surprised. Kind of like when people who have grow ops in their house call 911.

proud of the fact i havn't done drugs before. you wouldnt?

Soundy 06-08-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVS_Racing (Post 6455813)
heres a situation that ive encountered today, so there was a a hole driving and swerving in and out of lanes, cutting off other drivers, speeding.

lets say im driving in front of the car that is swerving and i pour out some motor oil on the road, sand, nails, bricks etc. and some how that driver crashes. will i get in trouble or its purely that drivers fault. :confused:

A bigger concern might be how those things would affect the other innocent drivers BEHIND said a-hole...

stutterr 06-09-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVS_Racing (Post 6455813)

Well its all about what you can prove. You could always do what is in your legal rights and call a non-emergency number and report his plate. The driver will get a letter stating that on this day he was seen driving erratically, etc.

Why gives you the right to cause damage to this said vehicle? You would be then committing a crime and screwing yourself over, not to mention causing unnecessary attention to yourself as well. Not only would you probably get into more trouble than the bad driver, but he would probably go free. Just because he is wrong doesn't give you the right to do something to damage, and break the law. I think you would be experiencing something called Road Rage.

Didn't you learn these simple rules as a kid?

Let the Police do their job, investigate and charge accordingly.

Raid3n 06-09-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simsimi1004 (Post 6456052)

2000$ for littering on a highway

BNR32_Coupe 06-10-2009 11:02 AM

I got a question for the officers on this board. Would it be OK if I threw an empty turtle shell at another car if he cut me off?

Drift_Monkey 06-10-2009 11:35 AM

You need a star to be invincible on the road or you can cast a lightning which should shrink all the vehcles into a small little go cart.

When you see it turn into a small little go kart, you should now be able to run over and flatten it.

zulutango 06-11-2009 12:57 PM

I'm just trying to imagine what the sound would be like as thousands of ambulances being chased by lawyers, screached to a halt as the lawyers bailed to chase you and sue you for tossing stuff on the roadway that may cause a crash? :)

buddy 06-11-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift_Monkey (Post 6459646)
You need a star to be invincible on the road or you can cast a lightning which should shrink all the vehcles into a small little go cart.

When you see it turn into a small little go kart, you should now be able to run over and flatten it.

:rofl: