REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 04-05-2011, 02:55 AM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
MAL has always sold fan bans i think like 10-15yrs ago or so they were even busted for it (i may be wrong and confusing it for another place though)

also I dont think FanBans are the only reason... in fact Ive said piracy is a "Small Part" of the reason why
even if MAL sells the same movie for the same price as other online competitive stores, ppl would jus download. Trust me on this. 8/10 ppl will engage in it. Why pay when you can get it free right? Theres always a few ppl that actually support but very little as of today.
Advertisement
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:01 AM   #52
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
RIETI (research institute of economy, trade & industry) Japanese govt. research

has found that piracy has increased sales of anime and did not affect rentals
http://www.rieti.go.jp/en/publicatio.../11010021.html

^^^ pirating anime is likely more widely done than Chinese movies and it has actually increased sales which means people who download do buy

again to assume 80% of the world pirates movies instead of buys (and doesnt buy even after pirating) is absolutely retarded.. im sorry... i really am, im just going to end it here

edit: okay i said ill end it but just another point to add... video games consoles, Wii/Xbox have been hacked for years... yet Nintendo makes an unbelievable killing in the games market and so does Xbox; if Developers felt they were losing their money on these consoles due to downloaders they wouldn't make games for them and only make them for Playstation (which until very recently wasn't hacked and even now has barely taken off)

MAL sucks cuz they don't know how to do business and they're in a dying Format industry; plain and simple

Last edited by StylinRed; 04-05-2011 at 03:15 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2011, 03:10 AM   #53
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
RIETI (research institute of economy, trade & industry) Japanese govt. research

has found that piracy has increased sales of anime and did not affect rentals
http://www.rieti.go.jp/en/publicatio.../11010021.html

^^^ pirating anime is likely more widely done than Chinese movies and it has actually increased sales which means people who download do buy

again to assume 80% of the world pirates movies instead of buys (and doesnt buy even after pirating) is absolutely retarded.. im sorry... i really am, im just going to end it here
this is why i thanked u for, its not retarded, its a fact. I have personally worked as store manager at HMV therefore i have all the experiences. Ppl come in and jot down names of movies and go home to download, even ones that are on sale for $6 lol.
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:15 AM   #54

yes im well aware why you thanked me, it was quite obvious

and to bring up HMV omg.... OMG..... hmv didnt die because of pirates... god....

why would people go into hmv to write down names of movies.... instead of browse amazon or something... lol god.... (you must be confusing people who are smart shoppers, who come in to compare prices and they're writing down how much you want for them so they dont forget when they're inside Futureshop)

HMV was mainly a music store their downfall came because people wanted MP3s instead of CDs

HMV turned to movies... unfortunately they can't compete with the competition and their prices...

They still exist but have downsized because in their format medium market + competition that's all they could do
They're still breathing though

Sectors like Itunes, NetFlix, Appstores etc WOULDNT BE GROWING/Flourishing... if people would rather Download for Free than pay... (And they're not even getting a Physical item now so there's less of an advantage but still Paying2Download is growing)

That's why people were initially doubting Blu-Ray (Apple still does) because they say the world is headed to downloading their content (not for free... but for pay) because people don't want Clutter

Its the same thing the Music Industry noticed... people just wanted their Music as MP3s rather than physical CDs and that launched the billion dollar industry of MP3 players and files

here read this too the Movie industry has actually grown in the face of "piracy"

http://www.ime.edu/Portals/41606/doc...ieindustry.pdf (even the mpaa only pegged piracy to take up 14% of its sales worldwide and that's through their biased analysis, a far cry from 80%)
Not from higher prices but from more people buying/watching films

by the Institute of Media and Entertainment in conjunction with the IESE Business school (top 10 business school of the world)

Last edited by StylinRed; 04-05-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #55
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

The HK movie industry is dead because they keep making movies without HK flavouring and it's all produced and made in China with happy China propaganda endings that suck the creativity out of the films.

Also, all these so called HK movies are filmed in Mandarin now. Sad.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #56

Quote:
Shaolin - Andy Lau, Jackie Chan, Nick Tse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlqMD9ehtHk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLWox3z93WE

available for dl for a few weeks now it lokos like, just found out though
the movie was so-so... hardly any martial arts in it (like zilch from jackie if you were expecting it) and was basically a movie dissing the west

but it wasnt a bad movie what martial arts there was in it was nice, and the story isn't horrible its alright along with the acting

6/10 (its just over 2hrs long too btw)
Old 04-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #57
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

This is a really good war movie set in the period right after world war 2. Has lots of battle scenes and is a pretty emotional movie too. Highly Recommended

canucks_fan2 is offline   Reply With Quote