REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   How much is too much alcohol? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/578704-how-much-too-much-alcohol.html)

AsBannedAsItGets 06-09-2009 11:25 PM

How much is too much alcohol?

Is drinking a beer everyday really bad for your health?
I don't know why but lately I've been drinking a lot.
For the past month or so I've been drinking at least a can/bottle of beer a week and on weekends really hard liquor. Should I give my liver a rest? I know drinking too much in the long run will affect my health.

ZhangFei 06-10-2009 12:09 AM

I don't think 1 beer a day would be that bad, but if you have been drinking every single day non-stop... I don't think that's good. everyone handles alcohol differently. If you are pondering about your drinking habits, chances are your body is telling you to ease up on the drinking.

and you gotta find out what is causing you to drink that much.

its like you are trying to numb of something. find out what it is and get to the root of the problem.

CanadaGoose 06-10-2009 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsRealAsItGets (Post 6459064)
Is drinking a beer everyday really bad for your health?
I don't know why but lately I've been drinking a lot.
For the past month or so I've been drinking at least a can/bottle of beer a week and on weekends really hard liquor. Should I give my liver a rest? I know drinking too much in the long run will affect my health.

LOL drinking 1 beer a week is NOT a lot, it's nothing...it will make no difference to your liver.

10/week is starting to get a bit much, but nothing unusual if you're young

20+/week... now you might have a problem.

How long has this habit been going on for? I wouldn't worry about it too much, you're only young once. Party it up while you can...you'll get bored of it soon enough anyways.

unit 06-10-2009 09:02 AM

1 a week? i think you're overreacting.
you're considered an alcoholic if you probably drink at least a six pack a day.

buddy 06-11-2009 04:53 PM

not too much when you can still ask yourself that question ..

liu13 06-11-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E N D L E S S (Post 6459162)
LOL drinking 1 beer a week is NOT a lot, it's nothing...it will make no difference to your liver.

10/week is starting to get a bit much, but nothing unusual if you're young

20+/week... now you might have a problem.

How long has this habit been going on for? I wouldn't worry about it too much, you're only young once. Party it up while you can...you'll get bored of it soon enough anyways.

20 drinks a week is too much?

K-Dub 06-11-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddy (Post 6461612)

not too much when you can still ask yourself that question ..

haha yes.

well it's like is drinking a glass of wine a day bad? nope, it's actually said to be good for you and is encouraged....

DavidNguyen 06-11-2009 06:31 PM

i have this one co-worker. hes an alcoholic. hes been drinking since he was in his early teen's and now he is in his mid 50's. he told me his doctor said. if he stops drinking. he might die. lol. i wasnt sure if he was serious, but thats what everyone was telling me about him too.

for lunch, in his "water bottle" ii believe it's vodka mixed with water lol.
scrawny guy but good worker.

Presto 06-11-2009 09:12 PM

^^^

He might be physically hooked. Alcoholics can get major withdrawal if they stop drinking.

Great68 06-11-2009 10:35 PM

I would say 2-3 beers spread out over the course of an evening is nothing... On a hot sunny day, if I'm working out in the yard 2-3 beers hardly even gets a buzz going for me.

The center for disease control and prevention defines moderate drinking as 2 drinks per day for men.

Alcoholism is when you have to be drunk to function. IE: Drinking in the morning, before and during work... You're not drinking to enjoy the liquor, but drinking because you have to get drunk.

unit 06-19-2009 10:15 AM

i started drinking beer every day and sometimes its so unsatisfying. when you've done some housework and you're sweating and tired thats when its the most amazing thing ever. when you're just sitting there watching tv and you decide to grab a beer, its like, meh.... could have gone without it. now i know when i can cut back and not drink and when its friggin awesome... definitely something i dont need every day.

WHEYsted 06-19-2009 10:27 AM

You guys are weak. Beer is like 2% alchohol why not try Crown, Henessey, Smirnoff anything above 40% and you'll shortly realize when it's too much. One shot of Moonshine will get you wasted. It singes your nose hair when you smell it.

quasi 06-19-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonamehustla (Post 6473161)
You guys are weak. Beer is like 2% alchohol why not try Crown, Henessey, Smirnoff anything above 40% and you'll shortly realize when it's too much. One shot of Moonshine will get you wasted. It singes your nose hair when you smell it.

Beer isn't 2%. I suppose you could be cool like my buddies old roomate and drink a 40+ of Vodka everyday for the last 4+ years only stopping for the night when you pass out. He obviously ain't weak so I guess he's strong. A good role model and someone I'd want my kids to emulate. If you're not drinking enough to piss your pants and not notice you aren't going nearly hard enough I guess? HARDCORE.........Loser!