REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
three-one (3-1)?

got stopped by the VPD today for running a red light and possible speeding (w33rd/arbutus).

i was the last car following a string of other motorists trying to pass on the right of a slow-moving backhoe that wouldn't use the slow lane. i was 99.9% sure the light was a solid green. my car has no cats (only a small non-oem 100 cell) so it's not quiet either, but i wasn't paying attention to my speed because i was pacing the car in front of me.

while he was chewing me out (he said it was definitely red), his partner ran my DL and my records should have me as relatively clean (illegal front tint 5 years ago, left turn during prohibited hours 7 years ago).

he had his ticket book out but i thought i heard an emergency call coming over his radio so i think he decided to cut things short. he then said he was giving me only a verbal warning and a "three-one (3-1)"?

... what is a three-one? three strikes and i've just used up one? points on my license?
Advertisement

Last edited by thumper; 06-10-2009 at 07:03 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:41 AM   #2
The "You'd Know" Moderator

May be he meant "free one", aka free out of jail card?

If you were on 33rd (which is a 1-lane street), you aren't allow to pass the "slow moving vehicle" unless that vehicle is turning left.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #3
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
May be he meant "free one", aka free out of jail card?

If you were on 33rd (which is a 1-lane street), you aren't allow to pass the "slow moving vehicle" unless that vehicle is turning left.
free one... doh. am i that lucky?!? i blame being 1/2 awake at 6am for my lack of comprehension "i'm not issuing you a ticket, but i'm putting you down on record as a "free one""... that's how he said it. i didn't ask and he was in a rush to leave, but i'll take it.

yes u are correct. i was passing on the right and he was not turning left. westbound it becomes 2 lanes only before and after the intersection for right turn/transit, then becomes single lane again because of a crosswalk island on the curbside (ie. in front of the cemetery).

it's bad habit. been following it for 3 city blocks at 30km/h and everyone was trying to get past him on the right at every intersection... but of course copy cat me got nailed.

Last edited by thumper; 06-10-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
aren't they not allowed to use main thoroughfares during rush hour?

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
aren't they not allowed to use main thoroughfares during rush hour?
i don't know. is 6am considered rush hour? i use that route regularly and there is always a lot of slow moving equipment at all times because of the cambie corridor construction. most pull over to the right if there is space for it, but there are instances like today where they don't and just trundle along at around 40km/h with everyone lining up behind it for blocks... whenever there is a break to pass, everyone makes a mad dash for it.