REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #26
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I would tell her mom asap because you dont want to ruin a good relationship with her since you work with her. Just tell your gf that the sooner you can tell the mom the sooner u guys dont have to hide it. Must be a shitty feeling not to be able to show your affection in public. If she's sees u as a good guy then I don't see what the problem with u dating her daughter is.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #27
VLS Head Mod

why not just tell the mom that you guys are into one another and would like to see where things go. If you end it in a couple days than at least the mom knows and you guys aren't sneaking around. Even if you do end it as long as it's on good terms and no one was an ass than there shouldn't be any problems between the mom and you.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
Old 06-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #28
Blood tests positive for LOL mod

Thanked 1,263 Times in 325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I spoke to her about telling her mom. She insists that it isn't a good idea, and wants to wait a few weeks, and see where we're at. What do you mean by official? We haven't done it, but we've been making-out a lot. She wants to make-out more than I do, and she's probably hornier than I am. It's hard to resist her wishes, as I'm a sucker for T&A.
That's the problem with younger girls; I'm a total sucker for it too!

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Proud member of G.R.A.P.E -- Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
Old 06-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #29
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Lol why am I thinking having a 3 some with the mom and the daughter O_O.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #30
This title intentionally left blank MOD

^ Because you read most threads with your pants around your ankles.

You're caught in the "don't tell/can't tell" game, unfortunately. You need to tread carefully and make decisions based on what you feel is appropriate, and best.

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #31
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Biggest thing though, if mom asks DO NOT LIE. There's nothing worse than that. It'll make you look like a shitty person, especially if you really like her and want things to work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #32
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

First question, how important is this job to you? The longer you wait the tougher it'll probably be. You've already said she's got a feeling something is up. She's probably waiting for either of you to just tell her.

Why you wonder why I asked you how important this job is to you? If it's a career job or a job you really need then you don't want to screw it up. If you wait too long and then you bring it up, she'll probably ask why it took so long. It could make things awkward with the mom at work.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I spoke to her about telling her mom. She insists that it isn't a good idea, and wants to wait a few weeks, and see where we're at. What do you mean by official? We haven't done it, but we've been making-out a lot. She wants to make-out more than I do, and she's probably hornier than I am. It's hard to resist her wishes, as I'm a sucker for T&A.
LOL I really think you should wait...

Give her more time to commit to you before you go through all the hassles. You two have only been seeing each other for less than a week now, and it sounds like things are still pretty light aka. not that serious/not "official" yet

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
Old 06-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #34
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I have a feeling, her mom isn't gonna be happy either way... what mom would like to see her 20yr old daughter going out with a 30yr old man... but the sooner you get it over with and tell her, the better life at work will be~ then again, if the mom resents it too much, she might make things hard for you two and put a strain the relationship that way~ The question is... you wanna be happy during or after work?
Old 06-13-2009, 12:52 AM   #35
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Thanks for the opinions, folks. It's given me some insight on some things I hadn't considered. I've decided I'm going to hold off to see where the relationship goes first. Psychologically, I can see that it's stepping up our relationship to another level, and I can see her perspective on not wanting to tell her mom, yet. We'll get to know each other more, before we become official.

On a side note, I've given her permission to help choose clothes for me. She really likes the way I currently dress, so I feel it should be okay to get her help on some new threads. She was ecstatic. Did I just give her the equivalent of Power of Attorney? Oh, crap. Haha.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:58 AM   #36
Banned (ABWS)

you seem to care about this girl and the situation quite a bit.
also, from the way you response, u seem well mannered. So i think ur co-worker would accept the fact that u do date her daugther since she is already talking good about you.

Soon as things get serious i would suggest you to break to news to her before she finds out herself or brownie points deducted big time.

But i think you really have to ask yourself this. Would you beable to see her mom at work everyday and then when you go over to ur g/fs house and see her mom some more??

if it works,it would sound quite close to marriage to me. But say one day you and g/f have an arguement and she balls her eyes out..

Man,you would get it at work lol.. but neways best of luck to your situation
Old 06-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #37
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
I like how from the main page, the thread title gets truncated to:

"Telling mom that I like her..."
Old 06-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #38
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
I like how from the main page, the thread title gets truncated to:

"Telling mom that I like her..."
LOL~ that'll be one messed up thread~
Old 06-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #39

This sounds all to amateurish for my liking. You just started dating, so calm down on having to tell her mom and tell the world. Let things brew for a little.

Imagine if you told her, and then a month later you broke up because your realized the age was a big deal. Imagine going to work the next day and having to talk to this girls mom.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #40
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
IMO I would just be totally upfront about it. No need to dance around your words just be totally straight up and the sooner the better. The longer you wait the worse it is. She will find out eventually anyways so might as well be now.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
Old 06-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #41

I always believe that honesty is the best policy - even if you fuck up, at least people will be able to trust you as you're transparent.
I'd talk to the Mom and if its cool, its cool. It'll also show that you have values and respect the parents too!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:47 AM   #42
The "You'd Know" Moderator

That thread title made me think that you like your little sister...

Now that I've read the whole story, it almost seems like the mom is interested in you.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:25 AM   #43
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
haha this is getting interesting.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #44
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

So you going to see her mom during the day and during the night.

What happens if her mom asks why you are so tired today? lol

Good luck with this, you are 30...you should be able to figure this out on your own right? Your a man now and have been for awhile now.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #45
Zombie Mod

Well, it looks like mom knows, dad knows, and the sister may still be trying to figure it out. While no words have been said to make it official, it's hard for anyone to not see the big picture. They're okay with it. In their eyes, I'm too good of a guy to refuse. Just gotta keep appearances wholesome. .
Old 06-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #46
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

SHIT SON!

How'd that happen?

FS: CAVI/SUNFIRE ECOTEC 2.2L OEM ENGINE PARTS
(CAMS, HEAD, VALVE COVER, BLOCK, AIR BOX, ETC ETC)

FS: OEM CAVALIER/SUNFIRE SEATS - 9/10.[/SIZE]
Old 06-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #47
Zombie Mod

Well, mom asked, well not asked, more like stated, that I took a day off to see her, and my girl blew the cover by giggling happily instead of denying everything. It seems like mom is okay with it. I think she expects that I'm the one that's going to marry her daughter. I have some time to think about how I'm going to talk to the mom about this, since she's in Colorado until Sunday.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #48
you
Banned (BBM)

^^uh oh mommy's not home
Old 06-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #49
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

NICE.

Fail on the girl.

FS: CAVI/SUNFIRE ECOTEC 2.2L OEM ENGINE PARTS
(CAMS, HEAD, VALVE COVER, BLOCK, AIR BOX, ETC ETC)

FS: OEM CAVALIER/SUNFIRE SEATS - 9/10.[/SIZE]
Old 06-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #50
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Lol why am I thinking having a 3 some with the mom and the daughter O_O.
Dont worry, you aren't the only one with this line of thinking LOL
Closed Thread