REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Negotiation room for C350..

Hi guys,

need some advice here..

I'm trying to get a C350 4Matic with premium package.. the sticker price is MSRP is $55,375 + $1,995 freight/PDI = $57,370. Mercedes already has a $2000 cash purchase incentive so that brings it down to $55,370. How much more room do I have in terms of negotiation.. I got a quote on a 335i in BMW and they knocked off 6k even without me bargaining. Can I expect similar discount at Mercedes? If not.. what would be a reasonable price to ask for?
Advertisement
bradcc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
isn't there some website that tells you how much is the dealer cost to get a car?
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
HELP ME PLS!!!

you can't expect similar discounts from mercedes. they won't move that much
aim for 1000-2000 on top of the cash purchase price
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
did a search for you and found it

http://carcostcanada.com
http://www.carquotes.ca/
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #5
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Actually when I was shopping for a car a few months back the salesperson at the Benz dealership in the Richmond Automall said he would match BMW pricing. Go around the different dealers and see what they can offer and also check out mbworld.org and see what other local owners paid for their C Classes.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #6
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
The C is a nicer looking car, but just for the price and performance advantage, I'd look into the BMW,

C wins in interior and exterior styling and quality though, I'd get the C300 4 matic, The 350 is simply not worth the extra money at almost 60k!

Maybe because this car is new and still has a lot of demand, they don't need to discount it for you
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #7

Isn't Mercedes giving crazy deals for the C63? And isn't the C63 under $65,000?
Old 06-15-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
The new C-class is selling like hotcakes cause everyone likes the exterior styling. Dunno why, it looks like bastardized Accord. The interior is even worse, terrible layout and hard plastic-y dash materials.

I guess people are willing to overlook Mercedes terrible quality record on the W203 too. The W204 is supposed to be much better quality, actually tested this time (vs computer simulation before) yet some of the first W204s showed repeats of the same terrible quality that plagued the W203.

Definitely get on MBWorld and read more.

Considering the 2 dealers I've been to (Broadway and Richmond) both serve people with far more expensive models, I wouldn't expect much dealing from the salespeople, nor great service. I'd rather buy a BMW or Audi.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #9
F**K YOUR HEAD

Yup, my 203 had a broken aircon, and the lightbulbs constantly burnt out, sunroof didn't work properly, power locks... everything, luckily sold it last year, would've wasted a shitload of money

Mercedes service is the worst, they take customers for granted.

But If you want good service go buy a lexus
Old 06-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #10

I've seen a few lease take over offers for the new C popping up on craigslist over the last few months, I wonder if the new gen have issues.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #11
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
The new C-class is selling like hotcakes cause everyone likes the exterior styling. Dunno why, it looks like bastardized Accord. The interior is even worse, terrible layout and hard plastic-y dash materials.

I guess people are willing to overlook Mercedes terrible quality record on the W203 too. The W204 is supposed to be much better quality, actually tested this time (vs computer simulation before) yet some of the first W204s showed repeats of the same terrible quality that plagued the W203.

Definitely get on MBWorld and read more.

Considering the 2 dealers I've been to (Broadway and Richmond) both serve people with far more expensive models, I wouldn't expect much dealing from the salespeople, nor great service. I'd rather buy a BMW or Audi.
I agree completely with most of what you mentioned, and as for buying a benz for service and reliability, that's laughable.
I'm pretty sure the majority of benz owners in Richmond buy it because of the brand name, straight up. I say this because its especially true where i come from.

With that said, i LOL'ed at your post when i saw your avatar is the benz logo hahah (no offense intended)
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:09 AM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerFX View Post
I agree completely with most of what you mentioned, and as for buying a benz for service and reliability, that's laughable.
I'm pretty sure the majority of benz owners in Richmond buy it because of the brand name, straight up. I say this because its especially true where i come from.

With that said, i LOL'ed at your post when i saw your avatar is the benz logo hahah (no offense intended)
I own a W203 that's had about every problem possible.
I wish I hadn't modded it, I would've dumped it long ago.

The MB dealers focus more on the higher-end customers, since they sell a lot of E-classes and S-classes. I find the BMW/Audi/Lexus dealers treat the 3-series/A-series/IS owners better since its more of their bread-and-butter.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:10 AM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Yup, my 203 had a broken aircon
My AC is broken for the 2nd time on my W203.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #14
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
My AC is broken for the 2nd time on my W203.
Aren't BMW's and Audi's just as problematic as Mercedes'? I thought all european cars are like that...

Love the IS350.. but dealer told me I gotta wait at least 2~3 months if I order one now..
bradcc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:30 AM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

i dont have a link at the moment but....

what you wanna do is look up a hack for canadian black book. You enter car info and it tells you the low and high price of what a dealer pays for a car; it's what they use and is quite accurate. What you wanna do is take the "high" value of the car + 3k and negotiate to that price. ie high price=50k, dealer sells for 55k, you should not be paying more than 53k.

Just a rule of thumb.
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #16
F**K YOUR HEAD

^^ NO WAY!!! New BMWs and Audis are way better in reliability than any last gen mercedes, The Mercedes of the last 2 years have been better, but BMW and Audi of the last 4 years have been pretty good.

Even the smart which has already been made for a while in europe before being shipped to canada, keeps getting burnt out lights, A/C was useless from day 1 so nvm that, generally just small annoying mishaps with that car though
Old 06-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #17
My homepage has been set to RS

for only being out for 2 years the 204 chassis c class is very reliable. mercedes benz quality has gone up substancially since 2006.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #18
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
for only being out for 2 years the 204 chassis c class is very reliable. mercedes benz quality has gone up substancially since 2006.
The same was true of the W203, yet after 2-4 years (surprisingly timed with warranty expiration) the major faults started showing through.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #19
I am on the internets

interior is better in a mazda 3 than the new C class

the exterior is gorgeous.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #20
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
the exterior is gorgeous.
I still don't understand this.

The front is pretty awesome looking, yet it doesn't differentiate itself from the Acura/Lexus crowd other than the huge 3-pointed star.

The mirrors are hideous, yet I understand its due to new European standards for larger mirrors.

The side profile is serious an Accord. That stupid sweeping body line and off-centre handles are also similar to the Altima.

The rear might as well be a Protege. The taillights are too plain, and there's no character to the rear end.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #21
F**K YOUR HEAD

C63 is pure sex!!!
everything about it.

As far as the interior goes, I agree with the hard plastics, but something mazda 3 doesn't have is the perfect click to the buttons that the C does, The switchgear in the C is something to marvel at,

But in my 203 everything was soft but the buttons didn't feel quite as right. I guess they switched the formula now.

I think it's kinda true that the C has lost a lot of it's german sedan flavour and has went for something more japanese and ricey. The 203 was unmistakable benz sedan. The 204 just ain't quite right. I like it though.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #22
F**K YOUR HEAD

P.S. anyone look at the interior of the doors on the C class, pretty damn hideous if you ask me
Old 06-18-2009, 06:30 PM   #23
I am on the internets

Quote:
I still don't understand this.

The front is pretty awesome looking, yet it doesn't differentiate itself from the Acura/Lexus crowd other than the huge 3-pointed star.

The mirrors are hideous, yet I understand its due to new European standards for larger mirrors.

The side profile is serious an Accord. That stupid sweeping body line and off-centre handles are also similar to the Altima.

The rear might as well be a Protege. The taillights are too plain, and there's no character to the rear end.
i dont know man, looks way better than anything from after 1995.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:33 PM   #24
F**K YOUR HEAD

^any C? or any mercedes?

I'm guessing you're talking about C's and yeah as both a previous owner of 203 and 202, The 204 is definitely the best looking although the 203 is a really nice timeless design, Looks good whether a C-Lai (lol "C" lai) or a punk driving it. But personally the 204 doesn't suit everyone, unlike the 203. The front is just too sporty!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #25

I liked the new C when it first came out. It looked so much nicer compared to the 3 series until the LCI 3 series came out. Imo the LCI 3 series looks much more sporty, the C Class looks too boxy.